Dinosaurs

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Dinosaurs aren't real reptiles. :)
There is some evidence that dino's may have been warm blooded, prey to predator ratio for one. We know they were born from eggs so they would have been more like birds than reptiles. Still no navel. Your position has not improved.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
The Bible describes behemoth and leviathan, which might well be dinos. What needs to improve?
They might also be elephants or hypos or blue whales or giant squid. Those two words only indicate that large animals existed yet gives not clue as to what they may have been.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They might also be elephants or hypos or blue whales or giant squid.
Only if you can't read.

Let me guess: Evolutionist, right?
Those two words only indicate that large animals existed yet gives not clue as to what they may have been.
Nope. There are whole passages dedicated to describing them, ruling out any of your farcical ideas. :chuckle:

SamuelJ

BANNED
Banned
Only if you can't read.

Let me guess: Evolutionist, right?Nope. There are whole passages dedicated to describing them, ruling out any of your farcical ideas. :chuckle:

Sorry Stripe. Those two are most definitely not dinosaurs

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Only if you can't read.

Let me guess: Evolutionist, right?Nope. There are whole passages dedicated to describing them, ruling out any of your farcical ideas. :chuckle:

Apparently leviathan's are fire breathing dragons:

Job 41New International Version (NIV)

41 [a]“Can you pull in Leviathan with a fishhook
or tie down its tongue with a rope?
2 Can you put a cord through its nose
or pierce its jaw with a hook?
3 Will it keep begging you for mercy?
Will it speak to you with gentle words?
4 Will it make an agreement with you
for you to take it as your slave for life?
5 Can you make a pet of it like a bird
or put it on a leash for the young women in your house?
6 Will traders barter for it?
Will they divide it up among the merchants?
7 Can you fill its hide with harpoons
or its head with fishing spears?
8 If you lay a hand on it,
you will remember the struggle and never do it again!
9 Any hope of subduing it is false;
the mere sight of it is overpowering.
10 No one is fierce enough to rouse it.
Who then is able to stand against me?
11 Who has a claim against me that I must pay?
Everything under heaven belongs to me.

<div class="poetry top-05">
12 “I will not fail to speak of Leviathan’s limbs,
its strength and its graceful form.
13 Who can strip off its outer coat?
Who can penetrate its double coat of armor[b]?
14 Who dares open the doors of its mouth,
ringed about with fearsome teeth?
<span id="en-NIV-13904" class="text Job-41-15">15 <span class="text Job-41-15" id="en-NIV-13904">Its back has

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Apparently leviathan's are fire breathing dragons.
Puts an end to your retarded notion that it could be a squid. :up:

I love it when evolutionists destroy their own nonsense arguments.

And we notice you've dropped the navel argument. :chuckle:

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Puts an end to your retarded notion that it could be a squid. :up:

I love it when evolutionists destroy their own nonsense arguments.

And we notice you've dropped the navel argument. :chuckle:
On the bright side, squid are at least real. Fire breathing dragons, well, I'll wait for you to provide some evidence of one outside of Job.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'll wait for you to provide some evidence.
Evolutionists hate reading.

Evidence already provided. The Bible describes leviathan and behemoth, which could be dinos. Evidence that they coexisted with men.

Are all Darwinists this stupid, or is it only you?

SamuelJ

BANNED
Banned
But you won't explain your assertion. :idunno:

The description of behemoth is a massive mammal like an elephant or maybe a rhinoceros. It eats grass, unlike all large dinosaurs, and has external stones. Dinosaurs did not have external gonads.

The leviathan is a fanciful description of what is probably a crocodile. Though it might be made up altogether.
"The Hebrew Leviathan was a development of the earlier Canaanite sea monster Lôtān[3] or Litānu[4] (Ugaritic: Ltn) described as a servant of the sea god Yammu in the Baal Cycle discovered in the ruins of Ugarit."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leviathan

SamuelJ

BANNED
Banned
On the bright side, squid are at least real. Fire breathing dragons, well, I'll wait for you to provide some evidence of one outside of Job.

If he knows his Bible, he should've referenced Revelations to you. Though obviously that's not anything that is supposed to have happened yet.

I'm not arguing for the existence of dragons though. That's a bit unrealistic

SamuelJ

BANNED
Banned
Where did you get that from?

Job 40:15-24 King James Version

15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. 16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. 17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron. 19 He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him. 20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play. 21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens. 22 The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about. 23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth. 24 He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

Also notice that it says the trees cover him with their shadow. Any large quadrupedal dinosaur would not have been covered by modern trees, save California's redwoods. Add in the part where "his nose pierceth through snares," and you got a rhino

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.
And that tells you they were outside, how?

Also notice that it says the trees cover him with their shadow. Any large quadrupedal dinosaur would not have been covered by modern trees, save California's redwoods. Add in the part where "his nose pierceth through snares," and you got a rhino

Lucky they didn't rely on today's trees then, huh?

And regardless, he spent his time sitting in water.

SamuelJ

BANNED
Banned
And that tells you they were outside, how?
Because they were visible. If they were internal, like a dinosaur's, you couldn't see them. Go to your local zoo and try to find the "stones" on a crocodile.

Lucky they didn't rely on today's trees then, huh?
To go further, no trees in the history of the Middle East were big enough to cover a sauropod dinosaur.

And regardless, he spent his time sitting in water.

Sounds a lot like what elephants, rhinos, and hippos do on a hot day. Which in that region, is every day.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Evolutionists hate reading.

Evidence already provided. The Bible describes leviathan and behemoth, which could be dinos. Evidence that they coexisted with men.

Are all Darwinists this stupid, or is it only you?
Who hates reading? I asked you to provide evidence outside of Job. And you cite Job. Try again only this time answer the question that was actually asked.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Because they were visible.
It doesn't say they were visible. It says the sinews were tightly bound.

And there's no reason to accept your assertion that we are even talking about stones.
To go further, no trees in the history of the Middle East were big enough to cover a sauropod dinosaur.
All because you say so?

And if a dino was sitting in a swamp, I reckon it'd be pretty easy.

Your arguments against dino are pretty weak.

Sounds a lot like what elephants, rhinos, and hippos do on a hot day.
:darwinsm: Keeping your options open, aren't you? Which of those has a "tail like a cedar"? That should narrow things down. :chuckle: