Did God die on the cross?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I don't know what that means. He returned? From where to where? You say that He is God. God doesn't die. The Son of God did.

The Son of God took on a human form while on earth. He laid down that human life, he returned in a likeness of his former human form.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Son of God took on a human form while on earth. He laid down that human life, he returned in a likeness of his former human form.
Incorrect.

You say that He took on a human form while on earth.

You also say he returned in a likeness of his former human form. Returned? A likeness of his former human form?

Why do you say this?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Incorrect.

You say that He took on a human form while on earth.

You also say he returned in a likeness of his former human form. Returned? A likeness of his former human form?

Why do you say this?

I say it because its true. Jesus said he had the power to do it, he did it and the rest is history.

"What sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?" 19Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I say it because its true. Jesus said he had the power to do it, he did it and the rest is history.

"What sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?" 19Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

Interesting. Well, Jesus rose from the dead. I support all the scripture. The following verse may help you.

John 5:26 NASB - 26 "For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself;​

This was before His death and resurrection so it has to do with His lifetime. Of course, He is alive again.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Interesting. Well, Jesus rose from the dead. I support all the scripture. The following verse may help you.

John 5:26 NASB - 26 "For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself;​

This was before His death and resurrection so it has to do with His lifetime. Of course, He is alive again.

I wasn't in need of any help on this issue.

"The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”

The Jews who heard these words were again divided. Many of them said, “He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?”

But others said, “These are not the sayings of a man possessed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?”

Jesus of Nazareth was a miraculous individual, both human and divine.

oatmeal

God did not die

God is the one who gave his only begotten son. John 3:16

Who died?

Not God but the son of God, otherwise known as Jesus the anointed one.

The price for our salvation and redemption was the perfect sacrifice of a perfect human, not God.

Jesus paid the price with his own life because he understood that his life was the price God had to pay to redeem mankind.

To be just, since the first man Adam sinned, it would take a second man, the second Adam to correct his error.

Romans 5:15

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

It is by that one man, Jesus Christ, that we have redemption and salvation.

Romans 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

What a man he was and is!

Seems like people on this site don't think Jesus' sacrifice was good enough for them

It was not enough that the man Jesus Christ did all that for us, no, they are not satisfied with a man dying for them, they require that God died for them.

God is not stupid.

He is not going to pay a higher price for man's redemption than is necessary.

Jesus is our passover lamb, I Corinthians 5:7

That passover lamb was to be chosen out of the flock.

God is not a sheep, he is the creator

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I wasn't in need of any help on this issue.

"The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”

The Jews who heard these words were again divided. Many of them said, “He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?”

But others said, “These are not the sayings of a man possessed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?”

Jesus of Nazareth was a miraculous individual, both human and divine.

I have noticed that you seemed unintelligible but then you became very astute about the matters being discussed.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
God did not die

God is the one who gave his only begotten son. John 3:16

Who died?

Not God but the son of God, otherwise known as Jesus the anointed one.

The price for our salvation and redemption was the perfect sacrifice of a perfect human, not God.

Jesus paid the price with his own life because he understood that his life was the price God had to pay to redeem mankind.

To be just, since the first man Adam sinned, it would take a second man, the second Adam to correct his error.

Romans 5:15

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

It is by that one man, Jesus Christ, that we have redemption and salvation.

Romans 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

What a man he was and is!

Seems like people on this site don't think Jesus' sacrifice was good enough for them

It was not enough that the man Jesus Christ did all that for us, no, they are not satisfied with a man dying for them, they require that God died for them.

God is not stupid.

He is not going to pay a higher price for man's redemption than is necessary.

Jesus is our passover lamb, I Corinthians 5:7

That passover lamb was to be chosen out of the flock.

God is not a sheep, he is the creator

God's Son is a divine being. In spirit they are indistinguishable; we call them "God".

"Jesus employed the word God to designate the idea of Deity and the word Father to designate the experience of knowing God. When the word Father is employed to denote God, it should be understood in its largest possible meaning. The word God cannot be defined and therefore stands for the infinite concept of the Father, while the term Father, being capable of partial definition, may be employed to represent the human concept of the divine Father as he is associated with man during the course of mortal existence." UB

The Son didn't come to be rejected, he came to be heard! The parable of the absent landlord sheds light on this truth.

The EGO of men find it difficult to receive forgiveness based on Love from God. So they think something of value must be exchanged to coax God into forgiving. Jesus taught that God is a Loving Father and that we are his children. We are forgiven as we forgive.....not as something of value is exchanged. Worldly men think of God as an accountant, a banker rather that the Loving Father that he is.

The Love of God is such that he came down from on high and lived the human life as a demonstration and a revelation and on our behalf, even passing through the shared death experience.

The Jews rejected the Light and the gospel, so the Light went West to people more open to him.

oatmeal

God's Son is a divine being. In spirit they are indistinguishable; we call them "God".

"Jesus employed the word God to designate the idea of Deity and the word Father to designate the experience of knowing God. When the word Father is employed to denote God, it should be understood in its largest possible meaning. The word God cannot be defined and therefore stands for the infinite concept of the Father, while the term Father, being capable of partial definition, may be employed to represent the human concept of the divine Father as he is associated with man during the course of mortal existence." UB

The Son didn't come to be rejected, he came to be heard! The parable of the absent landlord sheds light on this truth.

The EGO of men find it difficult to receive forgiveness based on Love from God. So they think something of value must be exchanged to coax God into forgiving. Jesus taught that God is a Loving Father and that we are his children. We are forgiven as we forgive.....not as something of value is exchanged. Worldly men think of God as an accountant, a banker rather that the Loving Father that he is.

The Love of God is such that he came down from on high and lived the human life as a demonstration and a revelation and on our behalf, even passing through the shared death experience.

The Jews rejected the Light and the gospel, so the Light went West to people more open to him.

Divine meaning that the source or point of origin is God. That something proceeded from or was initiated by God.

As in divine inspiration or divine revelation.

The word "of" as in son of God indicates that God was the source the originator of the son just like your earthly parents were the originators of you

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Divine meaning that the source or point of origin is God. That something proceeded from or was initiated by God.

As in divine inspiration or divine revelation.

The word "of" as in son of God indicates that God was the source the originator of the son just like your earthly parents were the originators of you

That is correct! We both absolutely agree! The Son is "conscious" of being ancestral to the existential Father. The divine Son fully realizes and knows that he is a Son and NOT the Father Absolute. The person of the Son is a personification of the Father. Therefore, to see the Son is to see the Father personified. We cannot see the Father except through the Son.

In spirit we cannot distinguish between any of these divine beings. We call this group and their will "God".

This works perfectly with the startling pronouncement that Jesus made about his identity to his apostles:

John 14:7-11 7If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." 8Philip said, "LORD, show us the Father and that will be enough for us." 9Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? 10Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Acts 20:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Right Divider

Body part
I accept these verses but not what you have said here.

He came in the flesh. The Word made flesh.
What's the problem with what I said?

I said nothing that contradicts that scripture.

You recently spoke of having a conversation. How about giving details instead of just vague "I don't agree" comments that go nowhere?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What's the problem with what I said?

I said nothing that contradicts that scripture.

You recently spoke of having a conversation. How about giving details instead of just vague "I don't agree" comments that go nowhere?

Just so you know that recently was over a year ago. However, I see that you want more.

The Word and the Spirit are different. That is how I see that we are saying different things.