Did God die on the cross?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob,

Those passages simply cannot refer to any human being. Period. No human being fits those descriptions. To explain them away as just poetic ramblings is to denigrate scripture. Why?

That means the verses I gave you are a valid source to use for doctrine and are not just some poetic ramblings.

They don't say that they are referring to Satan, and they do say that they are referring to these respective kings, despite tradition.

Gary K

Banned
They don't say that they are referring to Satan, and they do say that they are referring to these respective kings, despite tradition.
So even though no human being can fit the descriptions in those verses you are going to insist that these are literal human beings. Have you never heard of figurative language in the Bible?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So even though no human being can fit the descriptions in those verses you are going to insist that these are literal human beings. Have you never heard of figurative language in the Bible?

When I said it is poetic I did not mean american poetry. We are talking about very flowery language.

Gary K

Banned
Don't know what you mean by that. Can you clarify?

You don't know what it means when your position states that Jesus here on earth did not have the dual nature of being both God and man? That you believe Jesus was only a man, and not God. You don't know what it means when Jesus accepted worship that belongs only to God? You have rather curious inability to understand the English language.

John 9:35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
[SIZE=+0]36[/SIZE] He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
[SIZE=+0]37[/SIZE] And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
[SIZE=+0]38[/SIZE] And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
You don't know what it means when your position states that Jesus here on earth did not have the dual nature of being both God and man? That you believe Jesus was only a man, and not God. You don't know what it means when Jesus accepted worship that belongs only to God? You have rather curious inability to understand the English language.

God has made Jesus Lord. He is therefore properly worshiped. Acts 2:36

Some have erroneously suggested that Jesus was the angel of the Lord or Michael in the O.T.
They do so without any authority from Scripture.

Anyway, the angel of the Lord spoken of in the O.T. was worshiped as Lord and God of Israel. The reason he was worshiped is because God(the Father) had put His name in the angel. The angel carried the name of God, YHWH. Ex 23:21

There is no longer the worship of any angels because God has made Jesus Lord and says "Let all the angels of God worship him".

Gary K

Banned
God has made Jesus Lord. He is therefore properly worshiped. Acts 2:36

Some have erroneously suggested that Jesus was the angel of the Lord or Michael in the O.T.
They do so without any authority from Scripture.

Anyway, the angel of the Lord spoken of in the O.T. was worshiped as Lord and God of Israel. The reason he was worshiped is because God(the Father) had put His name in the angel. The angel carried the name of God, YHWH. Ex 23:21

There is no longer the worship of any angels because God has made Jesus Lord and says "Let all the angels of God worship him".

And just how did God make Jesus Lord? By being His father and thus Jesus is both God and Lord.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
[SIZE=+0]29[/SIZE] Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Thomas clearly states that Jesus is his God. Jesus commends him for finally believing this to be true after Thomas had expressed a lot of doubt, and then goes on to commend those who will in the coming years, decades, and centuries believe like Thomas did that Jesus is both Lord and God. Isn't it odd to you that Jesus, who was murdered because of His absolute refusal to compromise HIs integrity, would be so lacking in integrity and honesty that He wouldn't tell Thomas that he was mistaken in believing Jesus to be God? Very strange behavior from someone who not only rejected all forms of dishonesty, but condemned them also, wouldn't you say?

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
And just how did God make Jesus Lord? By being His father and thus Jesus is both God and Lord.

Yes.

Thomas clearly states that Jesus is his God. Jesus commends him for finally believing this to be true after Thomas had expressed a lot of doubt, and then goes on to commend those who will in the coming years, decades, and centuries believe like Thomas did that Jesus is both Lord and God. Isn't it odd to you that Jesus, who was murdered because of His absolute refusal to compromise HIs integrity, would be so lacking in integrity and honesty that He wouldn't tell Thomas that he was mistaken in believing Jesus to be God? Very strange behavior from someone who not only rejected all forms of dishonesty, but condemned them also, wouldn't you say?

Thomas wasn't mistaken. God has made Jesus, whom they killed, Lord.

Don't you understand, Jesus was KILLED! He was dead. To be dead means to be NOT living.

Jesus is to be worshiped as Lord and God. But God can not die, Jesus did die.

k0de

Yes.

Thomas wasn't mistaken. God has made Jesus, whom they killed, Lord.

Don't you understand, Jesus was KILLED! He was dead. To be dead means to be NOT living.

Jesus is to be worshiped as Lord and God. But God can not die, Jesus did die.
But not dead.

Remember in Matthew 12:38, some of the scribes and Pharisees asked Jesus for a sign to prove He was the Messiah. But Jesus told them that the only sign He would give was that of the prophet Jonah:

Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

And like RD already mentioned in three days he raised himself back up.

John 2: 19. Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
But not dead.

Remember in Matthew 12:38, some of the scribes and Pharisees asked Jesus for a sign to prove He was the Messiah. But Jesus told them that the only sign He would give was that of the prophet Jonah:

Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

And like RD already mentioned in three days he raised himself back up.

John 2: 19. Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

How does He raise HIMSELF?

k0de

From hell and back.
How? I don't know but I know this.

1 Corinthians 15: 3. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4. And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

He rose himself.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
How? I don't know but I know this.

1 Corinthians 15: 3. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4. And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

He rose himself.

Does God speak absurdly? By no means!

All the faithful will rise from the dead. They don't raise themselves.

Was Jonah in the fish?

If Jonah(he) was in the fish for three days, then Jesus, the son of man, was in the grave for three days. Jonah (He) did not eject himself from the fish. The fish spit out Jonah.

k0de

Does God speak absurdly? By no means!
God forbid!

All the faithful will rise from the dead. They don't raise themselves.
You on the right track, Jesus will raise them.

Was Jonah in the fish?
Yes in the belly not the mouth.

If Jonah(he) was in the fish for three days, then Jesus, the son of man, was in the grave for three days. Jonah (He) did not eject himself from the fish. The fish spit out Jonah.
I prefer Vomited. Besides no comparison. Matthew said a that Jesus said the only SIGN to be giving as an example.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
God forbid!

You on the right track, Jesus will raise them.

Yes in the belly not the mouth.

I prefer Vomited. Besides no comparison. Matthew said a that Jesus said the only SIGN to be giving as an example.

Is it not absurd to say HE raised HIMSELF?

Is Jesus two persons?

it is as absurd as it sounds. it is then FALSE, and you need to rethink what you think.

k0de

Is it not absurd to say HE raised HIMSELF?

it is as absurd as it sounds. it is then FALSE, and you need to rethink what you think.
Nope. You rethink what you think. Refrase yourself and ask yourself this.

Isn't what Jesus did absurd?

Is Jesus two persons?[/B]
Nope but he is God.

Deuteronomy 6: 4. Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Mark 12: 29. And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The temporary mortal shell of the incarnate Son was laid down voluntarily, God the Son never died.