Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
1) There is no time when Jesus is DEITY.

:liberals:

Whatever that means...

2) Your argument creates a massive mess.

Only out of your position, because you do not know how to rightly divide.

Jesus didn't lie, but your theory proposes that he denies the truth about himself.

You fail.

Please point out where Jesus denied that He was God?

glorydaz

1) There is no time when Jesus is DEITY.
2) Your argument creates a massive mess. Jesus didn't lie, but your theory proposes that he denies the truth about himself.

You fail.

No, you ignore all the verses that speak of His deity. You ONLY hear those which speak of his humanity.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
f1f3e6aa9030e1a2a7b032d70c501911.jpg
What is the word here that is not translated? And, why and God was the Word rather than and the Word was God?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Your venom isn't persuasive.
How about scripture?

Who has ascended into heaven, or descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name, and what is His Son’s name, If you know? - Proverbs 30:4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs30:4&version=NKJV

Dart, WHO is this passage talking about? God, yes?

You say the Son did not exist prior to His birth in the NT?

Then who is "His Son" in the above verse?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
However, scripture says man has seen God, moron. Of course, I already posted that, verse, idiot.You, being a moron, missed the argument.

They saw the Lord Jesus Christ, "the Almighty,"not God the Father, for the Lord Jesus Christ says he is the only one to have seen God the Father.

Sober up.

Rev 4:8 The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying: "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come!"
Rev 4:9 Whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever,
Rev 4:10 the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying:
Rev 4:11 "You are worthy, O Lord, To receive glory and honor and power; For You created all things, And by Your will they exist and were created."
Rev 5:5 But one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals."
Rev 5:6 And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth.
Rev 5:7 Then He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.

The Son of Man Is Given Dominion

Dan 7:13 "I was watching in the night visions, And behold, One like the Son of Man, Coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, And they brought Him near before Him.
Dan 7:14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion, Which shall not pass away, And His kingdom the one Which shall not be destroyed.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
However, scripture says man has seen God, moron. Of course, I already posted that, verse, idiot.You, being a moron, missed the argument.

They saw the Lord Jesus Christ, "the Almighty,"not God the Father, for the Lord Jesus Christ says he is the only one to have seen God the Father.

Sober up.

Read again, blind boy.:

Joh 1:18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What is the word here that is not translated?

You know, instead of asking this, you could have just looked at the image and figured that out yourself.

And, why 'and God was the Word' rather than 'and the Word was God'?

Because that is a direct translation of the text.

εν αρχη ην ο λογος και ο λογος ην προς τον θεον και θεος ην ο λογος [WH]
en arche en ho logos kai ho logos en pros ton theon kai theos en ho logos
in beginning was the word and the word was with the god and god was the word
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and God was the Word.

The translators of the English versions of the Bible (as far as I can tell) probably thought it sounded more poetic to have it as "and the Word was God". :idunno:

It has a certain 'ring' to it, but some of the meaning is lost when doing so.

Specifically the Granville-Sharp rule.

drbrumley

2 Peter 3:16 .... some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Rev 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Yes, you need to heed the warning

drbrumley

Rev 4:8 The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying: "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come!"

So God is coming back? Or is this Jesus that's coming back?

Funny you Jesus is nothing special crowd, is that this verse destroys what they are arguing for....just amazing

Dartman

Love is one of God's attributes.
Of course it is. And yet John wrote "God is Love".

JR said:
God is not words.
Really? Please show me God without using any words.

Of course God is words/spirit. That's not ALL God is, any more than LOVE is all God is.

JR said:
ALL THREE TIMES the word "logos" is used in John 1:1, it is a SINGULAR NOUN.
Of course, no one is claiming otherwise. When the Scriptures use the word "logos" they ALWAYS mean "something spoken, or written".

JR said:
:blabla:
JR said:
Dart, have you even looked at what Jesus taught?

As in, have you actually tried to get an idea of whom (not "what") He taught about?
Of course, and I know he spoke about WAY more than you are claiming.

JR said:
I think you'll find that, overwhelmingly, his message was FOCUSED on HIMSELF, and not the Father.
Hogwash.

QUESTION 1: Dart, Was Jesus a blasphemer for speaking with the authority of one who is God?[/quote]You are basing your question on an erroneous assumption. Jesus gave his God the credit for ALL authority Jesus had. Jesus NEVER said, nor do ANY Scriptures say, Jesus is "one who is God".

JR said:

QUESTION 2: Do you still deny the incarnation of God the Son?
Absolutely. Jesus didn't exist until his God caused Mary to conceive.

JR said:
You will not find anything that does not come directly from Scripture in my posts. If you do, please point it out.
I have in almost every post. You make statements that are never found in Scripture, you claim doctrines that are never stated, explained or preached in Scripture.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You know, instead of asking this, you could have just looked at the image and figured that out yourself.
I do not know Greek, and I am asking about and English word that is not there. I asked for a reason. It is because I do not know.
Because that is a direct translation of the text.
Is this the only text to translate from? I grew up with and the Word was God.
εν αρχη ην ο λογος και ο λογος ην προς τον θεον και θεος ην ο λογος [WH]
en arche en ho logos kai ho logos en pros ton theon kai theos en ho logos
in beginning was the word and the word was with the god and god was the word
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and God was the Word.

The translators of the English versions of the Bible (as far as I can tell) probably thought it sounded more poetic to have it as "and the Word was God". :idunno:
Interesting thought. Well, thank you.
It has a certain 'ring' to it, but some of the meaning is lost when doing so.
Going which way?
Specifically the Granville-Sharp rule.
Here is an article on it. I don't understand it all. It is kind of technical.

the Granville-Sharp rule.

Can you summarize the rule and its application here?

Dartman

How about scripture?
Yes, Scripture is blessed.

JR said:
Who has ascended into heaven, or descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name, and what is His Son’s name, If you know? - Proverbs 30:4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs30:4&version=NKJV

Dart, WHO is this passage talking about? God, yes?

You say the Son did not exist prior to His birth in the NT?

Then who is "His Son" in the above verse?
The promised descendant of Eve, Abraham and David, a promise which was spoken by the mouth of all God's holy prophets since the world began, but who had NOT "come forth" yet, EVEN FOR JEHOVAH.

Mic 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto Me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

john w

Hall of Fame
Read again, blind boy.:

Joh 1:18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

Of course, you are such an idiot, due to your 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV blindness, old frump, and perhaps intoxicated, that you don't get, that scripture you quote, the Lord Jesus Christ is asserting that no one has seen God the Father, God, except Him. And yet scripture says that man has seen God, "the Almighty." Thus, moron, they did not see God the Father on earth, as God, they saw the Lord Jesus Christ, in his pre-incarnate form, as God.

How did you get so stupid, old hag, frump?Of course, you can't read, as your eye sight is blurred, due to that gallon of "Ripple" you have been drinking.

Dartman

No, you ignore all the verses that speak of His deity.
There are none.
I know you THINK some verses "speak of his deity".... but that is the result of brainwashing. The verses don't state your position, they merely are worded in such a way that they MIGHT be twisted to fit your theory.

There are ZERO Scriptures that state, explain or preach ANY of the tenets unique to trinity and oneness theories.

drbrumley

There are none.
I know you THINK some verses "speak of his deity".... but that is the result of brainwashing. The verses don't state your position, they merely are worded in such a way that they MIGHT be twisted to fit your theory.

There are ZERO Scriptures that state, explain or preach ANY of the tenets unique to trinity and oneness theories.

You must hate Christmas also

john w

Hall of Fame

Of course God is words/spirit. That's not ALL God is, any more than LOVE is all God is.

More of this lazy slug's refusal to pay attention to details, displaying his lackadaisical, careless disregard for the book, a book of details. Of course, he is an admitted bible corrector, bot bible believer.

John 4:24 KJV
Godis a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

"is a Spirit"-not "is Spirit"

You: It all says the same thing, you see, uh, urr............

And we are attempting to have an intelligent conversation with him, "persuade" him?

Not me.

Apple7

1) There is no trinitarian stance expressed in Scripture.

Yes there is, right here...

πορευθεντες ουν μαθητευσατε παντα τα εθνη βαπτιζοντες αυτους εις το ονομα του πατρος και του υιου και του αγιου πνευματος

Strike #1.

2) There is NEVER a statement "Jesus is God"

Yes there is, right here...

προσδεχομενοι την μακαριαν ελπιδα και επιφανειαν της δοξης του μεγαλου θεου και σωτηρος ημων χριστου ιησου

Strike #2.

3) Jesus himself states his Father is "the ONLY true God".

Jesus is stated to be the True God, here...

οιδαμεν δε οτι ο υιος του θεου ηκει και δεδωκεν ημιν διανοιαν ινα γινωσκομεν τον αληθινον και εσμεν εν τω αληθινω εν τω υιω αυτου ιησου χριστω ουτος εστιν ο αληθινος θεος και ζωη αιωνιος

Strike #3.

4)Jehovah Himself states that He alone is God, and Jesus the Christ is His holy servant, a prophet, a direct descendant of Adam and Eve, Abraham, Judah and David.

Jesus is stated to be the True God, here...

οιδαμεν δε οτι ο υιος του θεου ηκει και δεδωκεν ημιν διανοιαν ινα γινωσκομεν τον αληθινον και εσμεν εν τω αληθινω εν τω υιω αυτου ιησου χριστω ουτος εστιν ο αληθινος θεος και ζωη αιωνιος

Strike #4.

5) The apostles confirm that the Father is Christ's God, Christ's head, Christ's maker.

Jesus was NOT created, here...

λεγοντες φωνη μεγαλη αξιον εστιν το αρνιον το εσφαγμενον λαβειν την δυναμιν και πλουτον και σοφιαν και ισχυν και τιμην και δοξαν και ευλογιαν και παν κτισμα ο εν τω ουρανω και επι της γης και υποκατω της γης και επι της θαλασσης [εστιν] και τα εν αυτοις παντα ηκουσα λεγοντας τω καθημενω επι του θρονου και τω αρνιω η ευλογια και η τιμη και η δοξα και το κρατος εις τους αιωνας των αιωνων

Strike #5.

6) Nothing I said or posted even HINTS that these statements are NOT true, and that trinitarian theory is.

Everything that you posted promotes The Triune God.

Strike #6.

You're out!!!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I do not know Greek,

Not the point.

and I am asking about and English word that is not there.

Which word?

I asked for a reason. It is because I do not know.

Is this the only text to translate from?

There are thousands of Greek manuscripts, but I recommend, if you're looking to study up on the Greek New Testament, that you look at the Wescott-Hort Greek New Testament.

It is the most accurate, even if it is the most controversial.

I grew up with and the Word was God.

So did I.

It's saying the same thing, but like I said, some of the meaning is lost.

Interesting thought.

It's not a thought.

Well, thank you.

You're welcome?

:idunno:

Going which way?

Huh?

Here is an article on it. I don't understand it all. It is kind of technical.

the Granville-Sharp rule.

Can you summarize the rule and its application here?

Basically, if a phrase has a sentence structure like this:

... the [noun] and the [noun] ...

Then it is speaking of two different entities.

But, if a phrase has a sentence structure like this:

... the [noun] and [noun] ...

Then it is speaking of one entity.

Here are two examples, the first is speaking of two people, the second is speaking of one person.

"The father and the husband went to the store."

"The father and husband went to the store."

I recommend you reread that article again, this time slowly.

I also recommend you read this article as well.

https://www.theopedia.com/granville-sharps-rule

Status
Not open for further replies.