Did Christ know He was fully God?

glorydaz

Yep - The Shema - Israel's LORDship before He took on human form and showed up in person to call them back unto Him as their LORD, John 1.

If that's what you're preaching, you can keep your nonsense to yourself.

Paul is speaking of the Shema here. The Lord our God is one Lord. If you can't call Jesus Lord and God, just like Thomas did, then you're the one with the problem. I don't care what hybrid you're of.

1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.​

musterion

A mid-Acts teacher says this,

Thirty years after Christ’s birth would be at Christ’s baptism, and that is when Richard Jordan says Jesus found out He was the Son of God: until then Christ was ignorant of His Sonship. Further, Pastor Jordan of Grace School of the Bible (Shorewood Bible Church) says Jesus did not know the revelation of the mystery until Acts Chapter Seven although it is clear Christ had known the mystery from before the foundation of the world. Pastor Jordan teaches that Jesus willingly (and this is a direct quote)
“laid aside the free and independent exercise of all of His attributes as God.”

http://www.discerningthetimespublishing.com/contactus.html

oatmeal

There you go. I rest my case.:rip:

If you can't confess Jesus Christ as your LORD and God, then you are not saved.

The Lord our God is ONE LORD, and you deny that.

If you can't confess Jesus Christ as your LORD and God, then you are not saved.

Evidently, you still refuse the accuracy of scripture.

In Romans 10:9 there is no such requirement

Why do you continue to make stuff up?

oatmeal

Moses wasn't partially God. He simply spoke for God. He was God's spokesperson.

Surely, Oats, you can't be that far gone. This desperation to deny your Lord and God is causing you to dig deep into the cesspool the enemy has laid out as a trap. Step back, before you're in over your head.

Evidently, you deny Exodus 7:1, And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Evidently, you don't even realize you are calling God a liar.

You simply choose to not believe the words God spoke about Moses.

For that matter, do you have any scripture that states "Jesus is fully God"?

No, you don't you made that up as well believing the lies you were told about who God is and who He is not.

If you don't believe Moses, you wouldn't believe anyone who was raised from the dead.

glorydaz

Evidently, you still refuse the accuracy of scripture.

In Romans 10:9 there is no such requirement

Why do you continue to make stuff up?

I don't have to make anything up. I just have to know what Paul was referring to.

Joel 2:27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the Lord your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Joel 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.​

glorydaz

Evidently, you deny Exodus 7:1, And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Evidently, you don't even realize you are calling God a liar.

You simply choose to not believe the words God spoke about Moses.

For that matter, do you have any scripture that states "Jesus is fully God"?

No, you don't you made that up as well believing the lies you were told about who God is and who He is not.

If you don't believe Moses, you wouldn't believe anyone who was raised from the dead.

You poor thing. God didn't say he made Moses a God. He said He had made him a god to Pharaoh....because he spoke for God, and he performed miracles through the power of God. I realize you stumble over the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the rock of offense to all unbelievers.

oatmeal

I don't have to make anything up. I just have to know what Paul was referring to.

Joel 2:27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the Lord your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Joel 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.​

You assume those verses are about Jesus Christ. They are about the God and Father of the lord Jesus Christ

oatmeal

You poor thing. God didn't say he made Moses a God. He said He had made him a god to Pharaoh....because he spoke for God, and he performed miracles through the power of God. I realize you stumble over the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the rock of offense to all unbelievers.

Yes, God did say that of Moses.

God made Moses a god. Yes, more specifically a god to Pharoah.

However a god is still a god. Especially and irrevocably since God made Moses a god. Moses is a god.

Take your argument up with God.

God made Moses a god.

Exodus 7:1

And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

The Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made the a god....

Moses the prophet spoke for God

Jesus Christ the prophet likewise spoke for God

He spoke what his God and Father told him to speak, Jesus was a perfect prophet. He always did the Father's will.

Well, you think that I stumble, however, you cannot show me where scriptures say that Jesus is fully God.

You assume that your threeeology is correct, but you do not have the scripture supporting you.

Your threeeology is not even private interpretation, it is the ccntamination of pure scripture by pagan threeeologies that carnal Christians would not let go of after being saved.

Should you ever let scripture speak for itself, you would learn that God is not His own son.

oatmeal

And so is Romans 10.....same Lord.

Who then is the God that raised Jesus from the dead?

If Jesus is fully God, then God was dead, who raised the dead God from the dead? You say God did, but God was dead. Sorry, scripture is logical and consistent, it does not ignore itself. John 2:19 does not explain it, for there are at least 20 scriptures that tell us that God raised Jesus from the dead. And for that matter, when Jesus Christ returns per I Thessalonians 4:13-17, it says the dead in Christ shall rise first. are you going to tell me that the dead shall do that under their own power just like you claim Jesus did?

Well, your willful ignorance and/or rejection of scriptures like Acts 2:34

For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

is showing.

Who are the two lords that David spoke of?

Who is the lord who is said to the other lord, sit you on my right hand?

Who is the first lord speaking to?

Your willful ignorance of scriptures like these demonstrates the fallacy of your opinions

When you actually decide to believe Acts 2:34 and other verses like that, ie, that clearly distinguish between God and His son, ie, God and the son of God, then you will be on the right track.

Acts 2:22-24, I Timothy 2:5, John 5:39, Acts 2:32, Luke 2:52, John 20:31 and all the verses that declare that he is the son of God, thus he is not God himself.

Your chosen pagan theology does no service to God nor to His son nor to any believers.

You continue to deceive and be deceived. II Timothy 3:13

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Who then is the God that raised Jesus from the dead?

God the Father.

If Jesus is fully God,

He is.

then God was dead,

No, only God the Son was dead.
God the Father and God the Holy Spirit did not die on the cross with Jesus.

who raised the dead God from the dead?

God the Father.

Jesus said that He, God the Son, would raise Himself from the dead, and He did. God the Father raised God the Son from the dead.

You say God did, but God was dead.

No, God was not dead. Only God the Son was dead. God the Father and God the Holy Spirit never died.

Sorry, scripture is logical and consistent, it does not ignore itself.

You're the one being inconsistent, and it's showing by the errors you're making trying to show how our position is wrong.

John 2:19 does not explain it, for there are at least 20 scriptures that tell us that God raised Jesus from the dead.

Because God the Father raised God the Son from the dead.

And for that matter, when Jesus Christ returns per I Thessalonians 4:13-17, it says the dead in Christ shall rise first. are you going to tell me that the dead shall do that under their own power just like you claim Jesus did?

God raising the dead in Christ is only tangentially related to God raising Christ from the dead.

Well, your willful ignorance and/or rejection of scriptures like Acts 2:34:

For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

is showing.

Who are the two lords that David spoke of?

Who is the lord who is said to the other lord, sit you on my right hand?

Who is the first lord speaking to?

Your willful ignorance of scriptures like these demonstrates the fallacy of your opinions

Says the one who rips verses out of context.

Here's the rest of the quoted passage. Tell me who you think this Psalm is about:

The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”The Lord shall send the rod of Your strength out of Zion. Rule in the midst of Your enemies!Your people shall be volunteers In the day of Your power; In the beauties of holiness, from the womb of the morning, You have the dew of Your youth.The Lord has sworn And will not relent, “You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek.”The Lord is at Your right hand; He shall execute kings in the day of His wrath.He shall judge among the nations, He shall fill the places with dead bodies, He shall execute the heads of many countries.He shall drink of the brook by the wayside; Therefore He shall lift up the head. - Psalm 110:1-7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm110:1-7&version=NKJV

If you said, "Jesus Christ, the Messiah," you're correct. Anyone else, and you'd be wrong.

Tell me, Oatsy, who's enemies will be made a footstool?

The two LORDS David spoke of is God the Father and God the Son.

God the Father said to God the Son, "sit at My right hand."

God the Father is speaking to God the Son, whom would later be called Jesus, Immanuel, Prince of Peace, Holy One, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Lion of the Tribe of Judah, and many other names.

When you actually decide to believe Acts 2:34 and other verses like that, ie, that clearly distinguish between God and His son, ie, God and the son of God, then you will be on the right track.

You're dividing wrong.

The distinction is not between God and His human Son, as you imply.

The distinction is between God the Father and God the Son.

Acts 2:22-24, I Timothy 2:5, John 5:39, Acts 2:32, Luke 2:52, John 20:31 and all the verses that declare that he is the son of God, thus he is not God himself.

Being called the Son of God does not exclude Him from being God. The way you put it, He's either the Son of God or He's God, and you say he's not God but the Son of God. I tell you that's a false dichotomy. He is BOTH. Remember John 1:1?

The Word was with God and God was the Word.

Your chosen pagan theology does no service to God nor to His son nor to any believers.

And your denial of Christ's Godhood is blasphemous.

You continue to deceive and be deceived. II Timothy 3:13

Says someone whom I'm starting to see as a heretic.

oatmeal

And so is Romans 10.....same Lord.

You are wrong again.

Read it sometime.

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

That scripture as do so many make a clear distinction between the lord Jesus, who died and God who raised him from the dead.

It does not say that God raised himself from the dead, now does it?

It does not say that Jesus raised himself from the dead, now does it?

It says God raised him, the lord Jesus from the dead.

When you comprehend that, and that will take time, you will joy and rejoice over the accomplishments of what God did in Christ because of the man Jesus Christ's obedience to his Father.

Jesus Christ accomplished what he did as a man who simply loved God, his Father and obeyed him. He fulfilled "Honor your father and mother"

keypurr

Oatmeal, you can not fix stupid and I see stupid all through this thread.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

oatmeal

Oatmeal, you can not fix stupid and I see stupid all through this thread.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Ignorance is cured by right teaching

More precisely,

Ignorance is overcome by instruction.

Wrong teaching is overcome by right teaching.

I was a trinitarian, but then I learned scripture.

Once I learned scripture, I could believe rightly and be cleansed from my sin by the blood of Jesus Christ.

Last edited: