ECT Dear wolves/wolf-ette's, children of the devil, Cain, Jr.'s,: What sins?

marhig

:yawn: Jn 3:18, 19, Eph 4:14, 5:11
You've quoted Ephesians 4:14.

Which is this

That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive

Can you now please show me where in the Bible that it says that we must believe that Jesus is God to be saved?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[As a reminder marhig is number 66 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:] ...Ephesians 4:14...

"Eph 4:14. There must be no longer the immaturity of children (nēpioi), characterized by instability in the face of the pressures of different doctrines and standards of life. ‘Maturity brings with it the capacity to emulate various forms of teaching, to accept what is true and reject what is false’ (Bruce, NICNT). The word translated tossed to and fro is the verb from the noun klydōn, used in Luke 8:24 of the raging of the waters of Galilee, and in James 1:6 for the ‘surge of the sea’ (RV); in the latter case it is the waves themselves that are driven by the wind, but here the picture is probably that of a boat tossed in the storm and carried about. This second verb is translated more vividly by NEB ‘whirled about’; the Greek verb peripherō often has the idea of such violent swinging about as makes a person dizzy. Christians were realizing already that they had to keep an even keel against every wind of doctrine, as the companion Letter to the Colossians well shows. The unsteady and rudderless could easily be turned from their course. For there were not only those who had been deceived and gone astray without realizing it, but there were some who were lying in wait to deceive (cf. 2 Tim. 3:13). Their activities are described firstly by the word kybia, which means literally playing with dice, and hence trickery or fraud; and secondly as craftiness (panourgia), the word used with reference to our Lord’s questioners in Luke 20:23, and in 2 Corinthians 11:3 of the guile of the serpent. When people wander out of the way of the truth (the Gk. planē, ‘error’ [RV], is lit. ‘wandering’), they do not hesitate to use deceitful wiles, cunning devices, to lead others to follow them." Foulkes, F. (1989). Ephesians: an introduction and commentary (Vol. 10, pp. 128–129). Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press.

marhig

"Eph 4:14. There must be no longer the immaturity of children (nēpioi), characterized by instability in the face of the pressures of different doctrines and standards of life. ‘Maturity brings with it the capacity to emulate various forms of teaching, to accept what is true and reject what is false’ (Bruce, NICNT). The word translated tossed to and fro is the verb from the noun klydōn, used in Luke 8:24 of the raging of the waters of Galilee, and in James 1:6 for the ‘surge of the sea’ (RV); in the latter case it is the waves themselves that are driven by the wind, but here the picture is probably that of a boat tossed in the storm and carried about. This second verb is translated more vividly by NEB ‘whirled about’; the Greek verb peripherō often has the idea of such violent swinging about as makes a person dizzy. Christians were realizing already that they had to keep an even keel against every wind of doctrine, as the companion Letter to the Colossians well shows. The unsteady and rudderless could easily be turned from their course. For there were not only those who had been deceived and gone astray without realizing it, but there were some who were lying in wait to deceive (cf. 2 Tim. 3:13). Their activities are described firstly by the word kybia, which means literally playing with dice, and hence trickery or fraud; and secondly as craftiness (panourgia), the word used with reference to our Lord’s questioners in Luke 20:23, and in 2 Corinthians 11:3 of the guile of the serpent. When people wander out of the way of the truth (the Gk. planē, ‘error’ [RV], is lit. ‘wandering’), they do not hesitate to use deceitful wiles, cunning devices, to lead others to follow them." Foulkes, F. (1989). Ephesians: an introduction and commentary (Vol. 10, pp. 128–129). Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press.
That still doesn't tell me where it says in the Bible that I must believe that Jesus is God to be saved? Or even that I must believe that Jesus is God?

Seeing as you condemn those who don't agree with you, then you must know where it is?

john w

Hall of Fame
You speak much untruth. You do say we do not have to do what Jesus said when he walked the earth because he said it to the Jews. The Madists here will not even tell me what they do that Jesus taught while he walked the earth. They even ask me repeatedly what we are supposed to do, and then I tell them and they cannot retain the truth. I do not tell anyone to follow the old law. I am not a satanist. You are a foul mouthed verbal abuser and for some reason you are allowed to stay on this debate site and continue to verbally abuse people.
Show me the quotes, moron.

marhig

:yawn: Ad infinitum Eph 4:14 :troll:

Thought so, you can't show me me! So you've added me to your foolish Satan's list because I don't believe something that you teach, that isn't in the Bible?

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that we have to believe that Jesus is God to be saved, or even that we have to believe that Jesus is God. If it was the truth, then God would have made sure it was in there.

So who's the one being fooled by false doctrine? It's not me, I believe what we told to believe, that Jesus Christ is the son of the living God!

If it doesn't say that we have to believe that Jesus is God in the Bible, then don't tell me that it's something that is essential for salvation!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thought so, you can't show me me! So you've added me to your foolish Satan's list because I don't believe something that you teach, that isn't in the Bible?

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that we have to believe that Jesus is God to be saved, or even that we have to believe that Jesus is God. If it was the truth, then God would have made sure it was in there.

So who's the one being fooled by false doctrine? It's not me, I believe what we told to believe, that Jesus Christ is the son of the living God!

If it doesn't say that we have to believe that Jesus is God in the Bible, then don't tell me that it's something that is essential for salvation!
Does scripture say you must believe GOD is GOD to be saved?

marhig

Does scripture say you must believe GOD is GOD to be saved?
What on earth? Your talking nonsense!

Tambora, can you show me where it says we are to believe that Jesus is God to be saved?

This is what many of you are teaching, many of you are teaching its the truth and that an essential belief to gain salvation, so where does it say it in the Bible?

marhig

List a verse that says you must believe GOD is GOD to be saved.
Why should I? Where have I said ever that people have to do that? We have freewill, we have a choice believe in God or not! I believe in him, and I believe what it says we have to believe in the Bible, I believe in the only true God and Jesus Christ whom he has sent, and I believe that Jesus Christ is the son of the living God.

I believe what is biblical, your teaching something that isn't!

As I said, I'm being told that I have to believe that Jesus is God to be saved, so where is it in the Bible?