Dear Gun Culture: THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE WROUGHT

Arthur Brain

Perhaps you could answer this question for me Art:

With England having a population of around 53 million, why is it that you and your fellow Brits constantly use England as some kind of role model for the United States, which has a population of around 321 million?

I could accumulate the population of various US states that have loose gun laws to match that of England's population and show that your country's crime rate is astronomically high.

Go ahead, knock yourself out. England isn't without its fair share of violent crime and nobody stated otherwise.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Some truth, our 'mother country' is England, but we are more like the rest of America. How are we like any western European country?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
To be fair I don't think they consider dead people, they are just stats.

I have never seen a bereaved parent come out pro gun.

I am a bereaved parent of a child who was murdered by being shot to death driving home from work. So yes, you have seen one.

A gun didn't kill him, a criminal did.

elohiym

And what is more sick is that it is simply the natural result of what the NRA, their pocketed politicians, and a brainwashed, brutal percentage of the American population have built.

In 2011, fourteen-year-old Daniel Bartlam murdered his mother on Easter by hitting her with a claw hammer seven times.

Should we ban claw hammers?

There have been many child murderers in history who didn't use a gun to kill their victims.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
64 percent of gun deaths in the US are suicides. I guess no one can kill themselves without a gun :think:

Sadly they include suicides in the violent gun deaths category, and they by far make up most of it.

Then 75 percent of what are left over, happen in only 5 percent of all US adresses.
“The perception in many cities that everyone is equally at risk is flat-out wrong. In many US cities, for example, less than 5 per cent of street addresses account for 75 per cent of violence.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...kely-to-be-a-victim-of-homicide-10242435.html

Then we have real stats that way more crimes are stopped by guns, than anyone is harmed by them.

Guns used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense. Law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year -- or about 6,850 times a day. [1] This means that each year, firearms are used more than 80 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives. [2]

Of the 2.5 million times citizens use their guns to defend themselves every year, the overwhelming majority merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers. Less than 8% of the time, a citizen will kill or wound his/her attacker.[3]

* As many as 200,000 women use a gun every year to defend themselves against sexual abuse.[4]

* Even anti-gun Clinton researchers concede that guns are used 1.5 million times annually for self-defense. According to the Clinton Justice Department, there are as many as 1.5 million cases of self-defense every year. The National Institute of Justice published this figure in 1997 as part of "Guns in America" -- a study which was authored by noted anti-gun criminologists Philip Cook and Jens Ludwig.[5]

* Armed citizens kill more crooks than do the police. Citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as police do every year (1,527 to 606).[6] And readers of Newsweek learned that "only 2 percent of civilian shootings involved an innocent person mistakenly identified as a criminal. The 'error rate' for the police, however, was 11 percent, more than five times as high."[7]

* Handguns are the weapon of choice for self-defense. Citizens use handguns to protect themselves over 1.9 million times a year. [8] Many of these self-defense handguns could be labeled as "Saturday Night Specials."
https://www.gunowners.org/sk0802htm.htm

Oh and my son was driving through one of the 5 percent neighborhoods, on his way home, sadly the highway goes through there.

And we should be doing something about them, but sadly when we try, the cops are blamed for doing their job and the thugs are celebrated as if they are heros. Empowering it all the more.

You better believe as the parent of a child gunned down, i wanted to know the FACTS. Now tell me mr UK who has no clue about anything in america, what your skin is in the game here? I have some.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Perhaps you could answer this question for me Art:

With England having a population of around 53 million, why is it that you and your fellow Brits constantly use England as some kind of role model for the United States, which has a population of around 321 million?

I could accumulate the population of various US states that have loose gun laws to match that of England's population and show that your country's crime rate is astronomically high.

Go ahead, knock yourself out. England isn't without its fair share of violent crime and nobody stated otherwise.
log-in-eye.jpg

WizardofOz

I just read where San Francisco's one and only gun shop is closing Thanks for flying your liberal colors(due to political pressure), yet the murder rate in SF has skyrocketed.

Come on aCW, tell us how the murder rate in San Francisco has skyrocketed.

Or show us by providing a source perhaps...

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Come on aCW, tell us how the murder rate in San Francisco has skyrocketed.

(Poor Aaron, he's fallen for statistics manipulated by liberal legislators to make it appear that strict gun control laws lowers crime rates).

I'm still waiting for you to say that cities/countries with strict gun control laws are safer Aaron.

You seem hesitant to say that.

WizardofOz

(Poor Aaron, he's fallen for statistics manipulated by liberal legislators to make it appear that strict gun control laws lowers crime rates).

Manipulated? :rotfl: By all means let me know how many murders there really are in San Francisco...

You said the murder rate has skyrocketed. I'm simply asking you to offer evidence supporting your claim. Take your time.

I'm still waiting for you to say that cities/countries with strict gun control laws are safer Aaron.

You seem hesitant to say that.

I'm simply fact checking your false claim. No one is forcing you to make untrue statements.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't regard either country as 'superior' to the other anyway, but do carry on...

I do.

1) We did some serious butt kicking in 1776 and 1812.

2). Certain rights come from God in my country, the right to keep and bear arms being one of them.

When the Muslims overrun your country, I hate to say it Art, but it'll be too late for a 2nd Amendment.