Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwight

Really? How? If you mean distant stars and the amount of time light would take to travel that's easy. Time slows the closer you get to the speed of light. Light travels in an instant.
The speed of light is a relative universal physical constant.
The evidence indicates an expanding universe form a singularity, while that and the immense distances between the visible galaxies indicates an age of some 14 billion years or so.
Physical evidence suggests that heavy metals must have originally been formed in old stars, we need heavy metals, we are old star-stuff. ;)

6days

alwight said:
The speed of light is a relative universal physical constant
However that says nothing about how God created, nor when God created. Knowing the speed of light is a constant makes science possible and is consistent with Biblical creation.

Hedshaker

how did He tell you?

Where have you been chrysostom? God told him directly. That's right, God himself has spoken to Michael in person, that's how important Michael is. And if that's not enough, Michael has had direct contact with heavenly angels, no less.

Beat that then.

Monk316

The speed of light is a relative universal physical constant.
The evidence indicates an expanding universe form a singularity, while that and the immense distances between the visible galaxies indicates an age of some 14 billion years or so.
Physical evidence suggests that heavy metals must have originally been formed in old stars, we need heavy metals, we are old star-stuff. ;)

You see, when I read that, I see indicates and suggests repeatedly. That means it is an interpretation of evidence, which means there can be other interpretations. I'm not saying the earth isn't 14 billion years old. I'm just saying we don't know how old it is yet the 14 billion years is being taught as fact. And, age of the earth does nothing to prove evolution. It does not rule out a creator, not even the biblical creator.

alwight

However that says nothing about how God created, nor when God created. Knowing the speed of light is a constant makes science possible and is consistent with Biblical creation.
If you are happy and content with "goddidit" then fine, but I prefer to see where the physics seems to take us else it's all just a grand supernatural illusion of physics, which I don't believe it is.

Monk316

If you are happy and content with "goddidit" then fine, but I prefer to see where the physics seems to take us else it's all just a grand supernatural illusion of physics, which I don't believe it is.

How is saying something doesn't rule out God equate to being content with "goddidit"?

alwight

You see, when I read that, I see indicates and suggests repeatedly. That means it is an interpretation of evidence, which means there can be other interpretations. I'm not saying the earth isn't 14 billion years old. I'm just saying we don't know how old it is yet the 14 billion years is being taught as fact. And, age of the earth does nothing to prove evolution. It does not rule out a creator, not even the biblical creator.
The Earth isn't 14 billion years old its only about 4.5 billion.
Stick around and sensibly debate it. :plain:

alwight

The physical evidence suggests that life on Earth started some 3.5 billion years ago. The evidence is in geology and red oxide.

alwight

How is saying something doesn't rule out God equate to being content with "goddidit"?
Do you not want to try and make sense of physics regardless of any possible extant deity? If so then there can't also be a place for the miraculous in that.

Hedshaker

Oh I'm done with him, not you. ;)

You said, and I quote:

I honestly look for answers. If an something is found that challenges my current thinking, I evaluate it. I'm not looking to convince others. I'm looking for truth.

Yet you reject scientific evidence. The same science that has increased our knowledge of cosmology, medical advancement, the very reason we are talking now across the planet.

Science cares not for beliefs, It searches for truth, is that not what you are searching for?

Monk316

The Earth isn't 14 billion years old its only about 4.5 billion.
Stick around and sensibly debate it. :plain:

My bad I mistyped. like I said I'm not here to convince anyone of anything. But if there is some proof of evolution for us laypeople, I'd love to examine it.

Hedshaker

My bad I mistyped. like I said I'm not here to convince anyone of anything. But if there is some proof of evolution for us laypeople, I'd love to examine it.

Science does not deal in proof it deals in evidence and there is an abundance of that in the libraries and on the net. Take it or leave it. No one cares really.

Monk316

Science does not deal in proof it deals in evidence and there is an abundance of that in the libraries and on the net. Take it or leave it. No one cares really.

You obviously care or why would you be in here? I'm willing to bet you have no idea what the evidence points to personally as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.