Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedshaker

You obviously care or why would you be in here? I'm willing to bet you have no idea what the evidence points to personally as well.

So why don't you tell us. And be sure to show us how the evidence was unveiled by "young earth creationists"

In your own time

alwight

My bad I mistyped. like I said I'm not here to convince anyone of anything. But if there is some proof of evolution for us laypeople, I'd love to examine it.
The Theory of Evolution is what best explains the evidence. If it is wrong then it should be falsifiable by the very evidence it attempts to explain. But so far it has stood the test of time and remains the best explanation and un-falsified. But theories don't get formally proven or become actual fact, that is for you to decide if you are convinced enough and want to regard it as such or not.

Monk316

So why don't you tell us. And be sure to show us how the evidence was unveiled by "young earth creationists"

In your own time

Tell you what? I said up front I'm a layperson. I'm saying I doubt you truly know what the evidence points to. You just pretend to know and act cocky. That's my impression anyway.

6days

Science does not deal in proof it deals in evidence and there is an abundance of that in the libraries and on the net. Take it or leave it. No one cares really.

Evidence suppors Biblical creation. Its n exciting time to be a Christian!

Hedshaker

Tell you what? I said up front I'm a layperson. I'm saying I doubt you truly know what the evidence points to. You just pretend to know and act cocky. That's my impression anyway.

There is nothing cocky about honestly following the evidence. Anyone can interpret the evidence to suit their cherished beliefs, this board is full of that but that's not what science is about. Science is about overcoming confirmation bias. Start with a blank slate.

You say you seek truth, then prove it. Look at the scientific evidence outside of creationist websites. It's the only way.

Monk316

The Theory of Evolution is what best explains the evidence. If it is wrong then it should be falsifiable by the very evidence it attempts to explain. But so far it has stood the test of time and remains the best explanation and un-falsified. But theories don't get formally proven or become actual fact, that is for you to decide if you are convinced enough and want to regard it as such or not.

From what I've seen, especially in debates and text books, evolution is not the best explanation. It has ran into a ton of obstacles since Darwin but has carried on with rescuing devices thrown in to correct for new evidence. That doesn't sound like the science you guys are preaching about.

Monk316

There is nothing cocky about honestly following the evidence. Anyone can interpret the evidence to suit their cherished beliefs, this board is full of that but that's not what science is about. Science is about overcoming confirmation bias. Start with a blank slate.

You say you seek truth, then prove it. Look at the scientific evidence outside of creationist websites. It's the only way.

Evolution is interpreting the evidence to suit your cherished beliefs at its finest. I have looked at evidence presented by athiest scientists and creationist scientist. Have you?

alwight

From what I've seen, especially in debates and text books, evolution is not the best explanation. It has ran into a ton of obstacles since Darwin but has carried on with rescuing devices thrown in to correct for new evidence. That doesn't sound like the science you guys are preaching about.
OK, but I haven't noticed any particular problems and clearly nothing has yet falsified the ToE else we all would have heard of it by now, perhaps you have some examples for me and others to look at?

Monk316

OK, but I haven't noticed any particular problems and clearly nothing has yet falsified the ToE else we all would have heard of it by now, perhaps you have some examples for me and others to look at?

The Cambrian Explosion comes to mind as a rescuing device the ToE relies on. Problems have arisen since Darwin for sure, but I have not heard of any other explanations for our origins being sought out. Just evolution being taught as fact.

JosephR

The evidence I subscribe to is not mined and is not made by Christian scientist. Now I am not a young earth person either, I just believe we are in a created environment. I think evolution and young earth have lots of problems and the spectrums by both sides needs to be widened quite a bit.

Will wright is a computer scientist and his theory's to me make more sense then either of evolution or young earth creation and BTW it makes either possible.

Please check out what he has to say.

Posted from the TOL App!

Monk316

The evidence I subscribe to is not mined and is not made by Christian scientist. Now I am not a young earth person either, I just believe we are in a created environment. I think evolution and young earth have lots of problems and the spectrums by both sides needs to be widened quite a bit.

Will wright is a computer scientist and his theory's to me make more sense then either of evolution or young earth creation and BTW it makes either possible.

Please check out what he has to say.

Posted from the TOL App!

Thanks. Like I said I lean toward YEC but I see the problems with it.

alwight

The Cambrian Explosion comes to mind as a rescuing device the ToE relies on. Problems have arisen since Darwin for sure, but I have not heard of any other explanations for our origins being sought out. Just evolution being taught as fact.
The supposed Cambrian Explosion has been a favourite of creationists for many a year now but it actually doesn't dent the ToE any. Superficially the CE may have presented a problem at first but fossils do exist from that time and before indicating that until then life had not developed hard skeletons that would fossilise more easily.
Sorry creationists but there was no mosaic creation event at the time, simply a probable combination of more rapid evolution due to the emergence of sexual reproduction and life that would be more likely to leave fossils.

I personally regard the ToE as a fact, the supporting evidence is just too strong, but I don't believe scientists anywhere will claim it is an actual fact, even if they are personally convinced it is. It really depends on whether or not individuals think the ToE explains all the evidence to their own satisfaction. I'd agree that the ToE is often taught as a virtual fact or at least as the best and only realistic explanation that predicts and explains all the evidence.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear monk316,

Read Post No. 1 on this thread. It is why this thread is. It is an experience I had from God. I am not a YEC either. I AM a CREATIONIST, giving God credit for any slight changes in genomes, DNA, mitochondria and genes. It is all controlled by God, not mother nature or natural selection. I can see all of the atheists back here again just to try to screw with your head and heart. Trust JosephR and 6days.

God Bless You And Keep You Safe!!

MichaelC

6days

alwight said:
6days said:
Hedshaker said:
Science does not deal in proof it deals in evidence and there is an abundance of that in the libraries and on the net.
Evidence supports Biblical creation. Its an exciting time to be a Christian!
That's just a bald assertion not a falsifiable statement.
Hedshaker did make a bald assertion... you are correct.
And the statement I made is correct. This is an exciting time to be a Christian.
It is exciting to see the design and function of things evolutionists used to call junk DNA.

It's exciting to see the design ( evidence for the Designer) in things like our eyes.

Its exciting to see the the sophistication of "simple cells"...evidence of intelligent design.

Its exciting to see the majesty of our Creator in the vastness of space, and the trillions of unique stars and planets.

Its an exciting time to be a Christian as we see many of the myths of evolutionism being shattered.

It's an exciting time to be a Christian as we see one archaeological find after another prove that the Bible is historically correct.

This is an exciting time to be a Christian and worship our Creator through science.

Last edited:

Jukia

Hedshaker did make a bald assertion... you are correct.
And the statement I made is correct. This is an exciting time to be a Christian.
It is exciting to see the design and function of things evolutionists used to call junk DNA.

It's exciting to see the design ( evidence for the Designer) in things like our eyes.

Its exciting to see the the sophistication of "simple cells"...evidence of intelligent design.

Its exciting to see the majesty of our Creator in the vastness of space, and the trillions of unique stars and planets.

Its an exciting time to be a Christian as we see many of the myths of evolutionism being shattered.

It's an exciting time to be a Christian as we see one archaeological find after another prove that the Bible is historically correct.

This is an exciting time to be a Christian and worship our Creator through science.

those who subscribe to religionism are so easily excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.