Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwight

You've got it backwards. The burden of proof is on the common descent crowd to provide evidence for it. Got any? Genetics goes against common descent. The fossil record as it stands goes against common descent. What else is there? Evolutionists have fallen back to the old tripe Eugenie Scott used of, "We're making discoveries using evolution" (which is a lie anyway) because there is no decent evidence for common descent.
Not if you don't want to see it, but genetically ERVs alone make common descent a virtual certainty.

So, no, I don't think YEC's need to make a point against common descent any more than they need to make a point against the tooth fairy.
Therefore tooth fairies do exist presumably? I like tooth fairies. Elves too.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Alwight,

How is it that you can't believe there is no Creator?? Where did you learn this from? How can it be? You seem like such a great person that I think someday soon enough, you will change your beliefs. I hope that God forgives you and you make it to heaven. You want to just die now, but if you do, you will have to burn in hell, the center of our earth. And what if you are an Atheist in your next life? That will mean you will not ever be in heaven and you will burn alive in the lake of fire, the Sun. You won't burn up though because God created a spirit and soul that never dies. So you will never die, but just burn forever, wishing you had some water, but none will be given to you. Is that really what you want?

To My Buddy, God Help You,

Michael

alwight

Dear Alwight,

How is it that you can't believe there is no Creator?? Where did you learn this from? How can it be?
Except I don't believe there is no creator Michael, I simply see no reason for having a belief in a creator, and not least a very specific one as espoused in some ancient scripture.

You seem like such a great person that I think someday soon enough, you will change your beliefs. I hope that God forgives you and you make it to heaven. You want to just die now, but if you do, you will have to burn in hell, the center of our earth. And what if you are an Atheist in your next life? That will mean you will not ever be in heaven and you will burn alive in the lake of fire, the Sun. You won't burn up though because God created a spirit and soul that never dies. So you will never die, but just burn forever, wishing you had some water, but none will be given to you. Is that really what you want?

To My Buddy, God Help You,

Michael
If your God creator nevertheless does exist and chose to stop hiding from me, then any talk of a supposed "Lake of Fire" would I'm sure become something I'd actually begin to take seriously, in due course of my coming to terms with a whole new reality that is.
Until then I have done no wrong to your God and the Earth's core is apparently mainly molten iron and nickel with a solid centre, not a lake. ;)

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Because usable is being discerned from unsuable, and selected accordingly. Heat doesn't do that.
You act as if one could select how usable energy is.

The state of the spreading energy will become less usable with every transfer. Do you agree with that?

Daedalean's_Sun

You act as if one could select how usable energy is.

The state of the spreading energy will become less usable with every transfer. Do you agree with that?

Could you clarify what you mean? What do you mean by usable, and what kind of transfer are we talking about? Is this less usable energy the cause, or the outcome of energy spreading?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Except I don't believe there is no creator Michael, I simply see no reason for having a belief in a creator, and not least a very specific one as espoused in some ancient scripture.
If your God creator nevertheless does exist and chose to stop hiding from me, then any talk of a supposed "Lake of Fire" would I'm sure become something I'd actually begin to take seriously, in due course of my coming to terms with a whole new reality that is.
Until then I have done no wrong to your God and the Earth's core is apparently mainly molten iron and nickel with a solid centre, not a lake. ;)

But God tells you that He is like the wind. You can't see Him but you can feel Him. That is how the Spirit of God is. The time WILL come that you will see Him also, but only after you've made your choice to either believe without seeing or not. Oh, Alwight, the Lord does not say that Hell, the center of the earth (the Bottomless Pit), is the same as the Lake of Fire. The Sun is the lake of fire. It is much hotter than the magma and lava in earth. Satan will be cast back into Hell and be loosed again in one thousand years to deceive the nation's people again. But after that, Satan shall be cast into the Lake of Fire, where the antichrist/beast (Uri Geller), false prophet (Jean-Pierre Girard), and Lucifer are. Give God a reason that you should escape the Lake Of Fire (our Sun) and I will be happy as a lark. I know I'll feel so bad if you don't end up in Heaven. I've grown attached to you as a good friend. I don't want to see a good friend go up in smoke. I think very highly of you!!

God Bless You Many Times Over,

Michael

:comeout:

:)

:duh:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Could you clarify what you mean? What do you mean by usable, and what kind of transfer are we talking about? Is this less usable energy the cause, or the outcome of energy spreading?
Useful energy is energy available to do work.

Is it the cause or the outcome? Whatever entropy says it is (This from MIT "6.6 Entropy and Unavailable Energy (Lost Work by Another Name)":

To summarize the results of the above arguments for processes where heat can be exchanged with the surroundings at $ T_0$ :

$ W_\textrm{rev} -W$ represents the difference between work we actually obtained and work that would be done during a reversible state change. It is the extra work that would be needed to restore the system to its initial state.
For a reversible process, $ W_\textrm{rev} = W$ ; $ \Delta S_\textrm{total}=0$ .
For an irreversible process, $ W_\textrm{rev} >W$ ; $ \Delta S_\textrm{total} > 0$ .
$ (W_\textrm{rev} -W)=E'=T_0\Delta S_\textrm{total}$ is the energy that becomes unavailable for work during an irreversible process.

Daedalean's_Sun

Useful energy is energy available to do work.

Is it the cause or the outcome? Whatever entropy says it is (This from MIT "6.6 Entropy and Unavailable Energy (Lost Work by Another Name)":

To summarize the results of the above arguments for processes where heat can be exchanged with the surroundings at $ T_0$ :

$ W_\textrm{rev} -W$ represents the difference between work we actually obtained and work that would be done during a reversible state change. It is the extra work that would be needed to restore the system to its initial state.
For a reversible process, $ W_\textrm{rev} = W$ ; $ \Delta S_\textrm{total}=0$ .
For an irreversible process, $ W_\textrm{rev} >W$ ; $ \Delta S_\textrm{total} > 0$ .
$ (W_\textrm{rev} -W)=E'=T_0\Delta S_\textrm{total}$ is the energy that becomes unavailable for work during an irreversible process.

So then we are talking about available energy for particle collisions, yes? How does this relate to mutational load?

gcthomas

You do it without error-correction, and it'll almost certainly be true. All you need is a cosmic ray to strike your RAM stick and flip a bit. That's why servers use ECC memory.

Yup. Yorz keeps bringing up Shannon's noisy channel theorem, but hates the idea of error correction as it spoils his whole argument.

Just watch too see how he avoids it again....

alwight

But God tells you that He is like the wind. You can't see Him but you can feel Him. That is how the Spirit of God is. The time WILL come that you will see Him also, but only after you've made your choice to either believe without seeing or not. Oh, Alwight, the Lord does not say that Hell, the center of the earth (the Bottomless Pit), is the same as the Lake of Fire. The Sun is the lake of fire. It is much hotter than the magma and lava in earth. Satan will be cast back into Hell and be loosed again in one thousand years to deceive the nation's people again. But after that, Satan shall be cast into the Lake of Fire, where the antichrist/beast (Uri Geller), false prophet (Jean-Pierre Girard), and Lucifer are. Give God a reason that you should escape the Lake Of Fire (our Sun) and I will be happy as a lark. I know I'll feel so bad if you don't end up in Heaven. I've grown attached to you as a good friend. I don't want to see a good friend go up in smoke. I think very highly of you!!

God Bless You Many Times Over,

Michael

:)

There are countless billions of stars in a vast universe typically bigger and hotter than our own sun which seems to be nothing particularly special, I see no rational reason at all to suppose that the sun would be anyone's final destination Michael.
Besides in a few billion years from now evidentially it will begin to run out of fuel and die.

Why should I believe without seeing Michael? You apparently have been visited by angels right?
What would be the need for blind faith in something that is all rather too conveniently explained away as a test, imo simply to cover for the lack of any actual substance? :think:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There are countless billions of stars in a vast universe typically bigger and hotter than our own sun which seems to be nothing particularly special, I see no rational reason at all to suppose that the sun would be anyone's final destination Michael.
Besides in a few billion years from now evidentially it will begin to run out of fuel and die.

Why should I believe without seeing Michael? You apparently have been visited by angels right?
What would be the need for blind faith in something that is all rather too conveniently explained away as a test, imo simply to cover for the lack of any actual substance? :think:

I thought you might ask this. When our Sun burns out, those there will be sent to a newer sun and burn there, and over and over. Because God said 'Forever and ever." Our Sun can become a black hole for what it's worth, but the Lord shall make sure they all have a nice additional fire to go to.

I've already mentioned this to several people, without them asking me, I believe. They definitely shall burn forever, either on our Sun or lake of fire, or a newer Sun, where they can burn forever. God did not say forever for nothing. I treasure your friendship.

God Be With You and Your Loved Ones,

Michael

:mario:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

What would be the need for blind faith in something that is all rather too conveniently explained away as a test, imo simply to cover for the lack of any actual substance? And no more 'bald assertions'. If you had loved God and His Son ALL of Your Life, you would be able to have a heavenly experience also.

:think:

Besides, all Christians believe without seeing initially. But they learn in their lives that God and Jesus exists. Because of what their life changes and what happens with them. And what they feel. Oh, that you could know. Perhaps you are too far gone to reach. I'm trying one last time. It's all up to you. I give up for now. I'm tired. I have to tend to dinner now, the Corned Beef and Mashed Potatoes, etc.
Will talk with you more soon.

God Bless You, Alwight!

Michael

:nono:

Miylee

Evolution is as true as gravity. It's just a fact. Not really debate able. Especially by the layman creationist. Especially by the layman creationist.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Evolution is as true as gravity. It's just a fact. Not really debate able. Especially by the layman creationist. Especially by the layman creationist.
It's like a poem!

Evolution true as gravity
It's really just a fact
Not really debavity
Especially by lay creationist...
Especially by lay creationist!

Status
Not open for further replies.