Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedshaker

I realize that the warm water from the Gulf Stream meeting the cooler air means lots of rain in the UK. But that makes the occasional break in the clouds when the sun comes shining through all that more magnificent. Here in the land of sun and saline (next to the LA area we probably have more cosmetic surgery centers per capita than any other place in the world), one often starts to take it for granted. Every morning I reconnect with my gratitude for being able to live here.

It's actually not that bad really. Us Limey's just like to moan a lot is all. The seasons seem to be shifting though. Now we get April showers in June.

Like nature cares a whit for what we think about the weather.

noguru

It's actually not that bad really. Us Limey's just like to moan a lot is all. The seasons seem to be shifting though. Now we get April showers in June.

Like nature cares a whit for what we think about the weather.

Yeah, but your accents make the complaining sound almost pleasant. :)

So you mean Roger Waters was wrong when he wrote this?

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way. The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say.

Hedshaker

Yeah, but your accents make the complaining sound almost pleasant. :)

So you mean Roger Waters was wrong when he wrote this?

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way. The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say.

That's from The Wall, isn't it? Such a shame that him and Gilmore had that bust up, though they seem to be over it now.

For Roger Waters solo I recommend Amused to Death. My favourite is late home tonight. Great lyrics:

Late Home Tonight

gcthomas

Time to sign off. I've got Sean of the Dead to watch, a pint of Harvey's Sussex and and some nibbles next to me, now the children are in bed.

G'night.

noguru

The phrase you proposed, obviously.

This is the MO of many YECs. Getting a straight answer/model from them is like trying to nail jello to the wall. In another thread we have Carolus Magnus proposing that his YEC single global flood model better explains the evidence we have. And though he will not give any details for his model so it can be compared under the same light of scrutiny, he would rather accuse me of "oversimplifying". And then they wonder why real scientists laugh at their so called "model" of origins. For a YEC when all else fails, accuse your critic of exactly what you are doing. And then we wonder why most serious scientists do not even entertain the YEC model as a viable possibility.

Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

badp

Has a YEC ever made a good point against Common Descent? If so, what is it?

You've got it backwards. The burden of proof is on the common descent crowd to provide evidence for it. Got any? Genetics goes against common descent. The fossil record as it stands goes against common descent. What else is there? Evolutionists have fallen back to the old tripe Eugenie Scott used of, "We're making discoveries using evolution" (which is a lie anyway) because there is no decent evidence for common descent.

So, no, I don't think YEC's need to make a point against common descent any more than they need to make a point against the tooth fairy.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Alwight and One Eyed Jack,

I've never seen an Avengers show with Honor Blackman in it, but now at least I know what she looks like. She looks like she could handle things herself too. Now that last one, Tara, just ruined the show. I couldn't see her handling things without Steed coming to her rescue. Too bad. I knew that Honor Blackman preceded Diana Rigg. Damn, every time I think of her, I get so PO'd that she left the show.

Yes, London prob. costs more than New York City. Cat Stevens has a mansion on Curzon street. I was going to visit him until I found out how expensive it was. That was before I knew he was becoming Muslim. Too bad I didn't get to him sooner. Life's a *****, sometimes. I can't tell you his address on Curzon St., because I'm not allowed to. I asked God for the address and He told me. I was so exasperated with not being able to get through to him that I finally asked God, why don't you just give me his address, and He spoke it to me, and I put it on the envelope, and lo and behold, he wrote me back a letter, using calligraphy. I still have the letter and letters from his secretary. Basically he said he was happy being Muslim than Christian. Too bad for him.

Well, it's been quite fun talking with you all. You too, of course, noguru and Hedshaker!! God Bless Your Hearts!!

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.