Coral Ridge Ministries and CSI

servent101

Dimo

The only understanding that we can correctly deduce about God is the knowledge that God directly imparts to us. Speculation compared to revealed knowledge does not compare.

We both agree that revealed knowledge is based on the intrinsic application and the sense that it makes to the intelligence - or the heart - the seat of the emotional and intelligence of the human being.

No behaviour modification or any trumped up shceem to get people to believe will work.

In the quietness of the heart, with full faculties engaged - this is where knowledge of God is.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
servent101 posted:

The only understanding that we can correctly deduce about God is the knowledge that God directly imparts to us. Speculation compared to revealed knowledge does not compare.

Dimo:

Agreed.

Servent101 posted:

We both agree that revealed knowledge is based on the intrinsic application and the sense that it makes to the intelligence - or the heart - the seat of the emotional and intelligence of the human being.

Dimo:

Agreed.

servent101 posted:

No behaviour modification or any trumped up shceem to get people to believe will work.

Dimo:

I do believe that behavior modification can have an affect on what is revealed. I have found that anger is sometimes my biggest obstacle to the right path. Not the anger itself. But the reasons I get angry, and what I do with that anger.

servent101 posted:

In the quietness of the heart, with full faculties engaged - this is where knowledge of God is.

Dimo:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Last edited:

Jukia

Nineveh: Still waiting for some info on your science background. Since I still have not learned anything about that I will take it that you have little and that helps to explain your geneal misunderstanding but it does not do anything to explain your inability or refusal to attempt to understand.

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Jukia posted:

Nineveh: Still waiting for some info on your science background. Since I still have not learned anything about that I will take it that you have little and that helps to explain your geneal misunderstanding but it does not do anything to explain your inability or refusal to attempt to understand.

Dimo:

I can explain the later. She prefers to believe in the certainty offered by "fundamentalist" ideas, rather than try to understand these issues on a different level.

john2001

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Originally posted by Nineveh

I've asked Dimo and aharvey, now I'll ask you, please put all of your thoughts in one post or please don't be offended when I don't reply, thank you :)

Sure.
john2001:

ID doesn't actually do anything. It is not a scientific theory, only scientific sounding smoke and mirrors without substance. In the, what 7 years, of existence so-called ID theory has yet to generate a single scientific result. Even bad scientific theories have shown some usefulness.

Tell that to Behe.

So far Behe has done absolutely no science that backs up his IC claims. He wrote a little pop anti-science book, and has been playing the lecture circuit as a "controversial" figure.

john2001 wrote:
As to your snide offhand comment regarding left handed amino acids, I have know idea what you are talking about.

Would you like to investigate that issue on your own, or would you like me to give you some links?

Please do.

john2001 wrote:
The theory of evolution does not predict that a tree can turn into a dog. You would know that if you had a clue about evolution.

But apes turn into men, and dinos to birds. I guess you are trying to make evo harder than chuck did, he traces it all back the "primordial soup".

You are still displaying your ignorance. The terms "ape" and "men" are descriptive terms referring to modern species. The notion of species evaporates as we go back in the fossil record. Apes do not "turn into" men.
Rather what we call "men" and "apes" today, share common ancestry.

Similarly dinos do not "turn into" birds. Birds and dino's share common ancestry.

john2001:

Take a look at taxonomy. The structure of taxonomy generally describes the relatedness of species.

Yes, relatedness, not descent.

You and your relatives share common descent, don't they? Unless of course, you are adopted.

At any rate, my point is that taxonomy should be sufficient evidence for laymen like your self. If it isn't, well, so be it. Obviously, *nothing* would convince you. (Think about it next time you talk about the "cat family" or the "horse" family, or any of the other obvious familial relationships that abound in taxonomy.) No doubt you will make up some b.s. explanation about "baramins" or "kinds" or some other ad hoc nonsense to explain it.

john2001:

You have no scientific theory or mechanism for your "common creation". Science, on the other hand has reproduction with modification. Elegant, and apparently correct.

Except all 3 of you guys have blown off abiogenesis like it doesn't matter. Somehow life started on earth, either God created everything out of nothing with His power and knowledge or nothing created itself into everything. Unless you have a 3rd option...

I don't know about the other guys, but, I personally am not now, nor have I ever to my recollection discussed religion on this group. I am interested in people accurately representing the mainstream scientific viewpoints on matters of origins.

Such explanations as "God" or "creation" or any other of these things simply are not scientifically testable, so have no place in scientific discussions, no matter how badly an individual wants them there.

So my "3rd opinion" is the one that the scientific community uses is that there are unresolved issues in science. That is the very reason for having science is to study and resolve the unresolved. However, science is a displine of supreme honesty, and the honest person admits that there are an infinity of things we do not know.

The point is that we in science do not have to state an opinion beyond what is reasonable when asked a question. We are not in the worldview philosophy business, so we do not have to guess it all right at the beginning. We take into account that our knowledge is tentative and transitory.

All I ask, is that anybody (such as your self) have (or develop) the honesty and forthrightness to do the same.

john 2001:

Scientific advancement is proceeding at a rate faster than at any time in history. Your opinion regarding "ID Scientists" is an example of an opinion formed purely out of propaganda. If true, you should be able to point to scientific journal articles and technological developments spawned out of ID methods. You can't, because there aren't any. Indeed, to date, there are no "ID methods".

Actually I am capable of arriving at my own conclusions when presented the evidence. I don't need the Roman Catholic Church (evo science) to explain the Bible (origins) to me. Forgive my "religious" lingo here but they are so similar it's scarry.

...Ah, and you're supposed to be Galileo in this discussion... Guess you don't know anything about Galileo, do you?

I suggest that you read _The Sleep Walkers_ by Arthur Koestler, some time. You would find out that it was not a scientific issue that got Galileo into hot water. It was his attempt to give the Church fathers a lecture on an alternate interpretation of scripture that would permit his Copernican view to be reconciled with Biblical literalism. He later lied before the Inquisition and claimed that he was really trying to *disprove* the Copernican system.

So, no. No Catholic Church analogies for you today.

john2001:

If anything is holding people back, it is the gutting of our educational system caused by pressure on teachers from the organized program of disinformation coming out of the creationist movement.

Every news item about creationism getting into a classroom is about creationism being rejected as far as I have read. Both in OH and MT this has happened. Could you please give me some info on where creationism is actually taught in a pullik skool classroom?

Sure, those attempts to inject creationism into schools have failed. The fact that there is a political movement that keeps trying to push these things into the public school system makes evolution a political hot potato that causes writers of textbooks and teachers to try to skirt the issue.

john2001:
The general view of the origin of life is that it arose through chemical processes. Those chemical pathways are, by necessity, different from those that operate in cells today.

Which is what abiogenesis is about. They can't get non life to make itself into life. Kenyon changed his mind on this very topic.

Yep. That abiogenesis happened, there is no doubt. How it happened is the thing that is not understood.

john2001:
The "magical" origin is the one proposed by the creationists and the ID-ologoues.

Like I told ahavery, to a pagan, I guess it would appear that what God did as "magic". But for those of us who serve Him, we know it was an awsome display of His power and knowledge.

Scientist use the term "magic" to refer to anything that is invoked that is beyond any possibility of scientific description or explanation. "God" is basically a label that has no scientific meaning, and thus has no place in science.

john2001:
Molecular systematics and its relationship to classical Linean is a big topic now.

Strat said it was about 20 years old...

The idea has been around about 20 years, but the technology to do this sort of stuff easily has only been around a few years. Mapping full genomes is still a relatively new thing.

john2001:

I really don't know what you mean by "time and money wasted". I seriously doubt that you have even the tiniest clue as to what science is all about, or how science is funded. As to public education, maybe it was wasted in your case

(oh look ma! another pompous evo!)

What I have been saying over and over is, you guys keep talking about how "ignorant" everyone is but the money given to teach science in the classrooms of public education is used to teach evo. For how many years? So if you want to blame someone, don't come to ID's doorstep, look in your own back yard.

Pompous is pretending that somehow you have the knowledge (with no education, to boot) to evaluate whether or not technical topics have merit.

I think you have a really warped notion about how much money is supplied to teaching. If anything, it is a lack of funds that is part of the problem of public education. Having to fight off creationist garbage is not helping the situation.

john2001.
Very few, actually. The myth of the lone inventor making the great scientific breakthrough, only to be suppressed by the dogmatic establishment, is the sort of thing that plays well on Art Bell, but in real life doesn't really hold up.

Except in reality.

In reality, you have to get a decent education to advance human knowledge. How you get that education is on your shoulders. So, get one, and you may begin to get a clue.

john2001:
Of course, that is their claim. In each case,
it is apparent that neither of these men actually do any science related to the topic of evolution. In each case, they also seem to be publicity hounds who want to sell popularized "anti-science" books.

Ok you win the prize for the "biggest blusterer" on this thread. I think you need to find out who Kenyon actually is instead of guessing.

Ok how about a title like Biochemical Predestination?

And it's quite clear from your last 3 paragraphs you are completely clueless about Kenyon.

You mean was don't you? Kenyon used to be a decent scientist, way back when he did research back in the 1970's. He stopped doing research at that time, and has been working primarly a college administrator. (FYI people who become department chairmen don't do science. They don't have the time.)

What he writes now are pathetic anti-science creationist tracts, and pity 'commentaries' of fields of science that he has not kept up with.

The fact that he would lend his name to a piece of garbage like "Of Pandas and People" indicates that he is now in the propaganda business, and he is doing it for *religious reasons*, not scientific ones.

(FYI, all of Kenyon's scientific publications support the notion of abiogenesis, though these are dated now.)

john2001:

Sure, look up "mutation" and "genetic drift". There are a host of mutation mechanisms, and those, combined with genetic drift cause genomes to change with time. In fact, genomes *must* change with time. There is no alternative. Mendelian genetics assumes that genes do not change. In essense, Darwin presupposed both Mendelian regularity, and mechanisms of mutation for his theory of evolution.

A whole paragraph to say:

"An allele is any one of a number of alternative forms of the
same gene occupying a given locus (position) on a chromosome"

So now, do you have any info specifically about the shift in frequency and how this might (in large populations) aid chuck in the common anscesor ideas?

I'll also add that mutation today usually has undesirable results, not positive ones.

My reply was to point you in the direction of an answer of why Mendelian genetics fails. Mendelian genetics fails because the Mendel model does not have a mechanism for genetic change. Real genetics does change, and these mechanisms are the mechanisms that introduce variation into populations.

FYI, most mutations are neutral.

john2001 wrote:

One comparision? I suggest you get a clue. Comparative genetics has been practised for more than 20 years, and in that time the view of the relatedness of species has been clarified. The whole notion of common descent is indespensible for understanding those genetic similarities as well as any genetic differences.

I suggest you get to that Nature article read, and comprehend what it says.

I did. It's a tremendously exciting and important result that no doubt will change the way we view common descent. However, it by no means invalidates the notion of common descent. In fact, the study would make no sense if the idea of common descent was not there.

john2001:

Your point is really that when you don't understand the technical reasons that your ideas are bogus, you resort to the "big conspiracy" explanation.

But in reality, one of your evo brothers was trying to pass off his own version of what "junk DNA" is as according to evo science. See he was basically doing the same thing you did with Kenyon, you are guessing in an effort to try to appear wise.

Apparently not.

john2001:
All of biology and genetics that we see today are examples of the richness that has sprung from an increased understanding of evolution. Basically, "Chuck" fathered most of the biological sciences.

Except for Francis Bacon (father of the scientific method); Sir Charles Bell (first to extensively map the brain and nervous system); Georges Cuvier (founder of comparative anatomy and perhaps paleontology); Jean Henri Fabre (chief founder of modern entomology); Carolus Linnaeus (father of modern taxonomy); Gregor Mendel (father of genetics);Louis Pasteur (formulator of the germ theory).

That would be the same Francis Bacon, who warned about people attempting to mix science and biblism.. As to the others, their work is tied together by the results that have sprung from Darwin's ideas.

john2001:

Basically what is taught in public school should reflect the issues and results of mainstream science. It should not be influenced by third party self-styled "experts".

It's up to evo who controls it to change it.

The only problem with your hypothesis is that nobody controls science. Science is a free marketplace, and the only reason that creationism, or ID (whatever) is not selling is that that free market sees no value in it.

john2001:

I t appears, however, that some form of RNA was the progenitor of DNA.

As to a rough sketch of what scientists think about the subject that you can understand, please see:
http://www.carlzimmer.com/articles/...Before_DNA.html

So where did the RNA get all that info to build
DNA in the right sequence?

You are making the mistake of believing that there is only one possible configuration for life. Life as we know it, is a particular configuration. There is no reason to believe that it is the only configuration.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by aharvey

Well, let's see, you claimed that poor creationist/ID scientists are being oppressed by the mainstream scientific establishment. So in fact, Nin, I was asking you if you actually knew any people you were making this claim about.

No, actually you were the one to bring it up, I just didn't agree with your assesment. But, by chance, I found there are instances of bigotry. That's why I asked how many IDs you know. But anyway, here's one that says you are incorrect.

Before we try to go further in this part of our discussion, let's make it clear what is being closed off: It's the creationist theory that isn't getting any play, not all Christian scientists. Strat might be interested in reading that link, too.

Sorry, Nin, you haven't read the article, so you really aren't in a position to say what it is about. And if your point is really nothing more that "the closer we look the more differences we will see,"

Alright, what do you want me to read besides the stuff at Nature.com? Did they really compare more than one and just didn't mention all the findings at Nature.com?

... then perhaps john2001 simply misunderstood ...

Or maybe you really don't correct your bretheren, or perhaps you should stick to one convo at a time so you don't get confused.

Well, did it ever occur to you that maybe the actual article is not on the web site!

So what the heck do you wanna call what they put on their site then? Are the findings misrepresented at Nature.com? If not, kindly quit trying to make a case out of thin air.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Jukia

And I'm still marveling how you go from one whine fest to the next :)

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by john2001

Sure.

So far Behe has done absolutely no science that backs up his IC claims. He wrote a little pop anti-science book, and has been playing the lecture circuit as a "controversial" figure.

He isn't alone. There are a lot of people you have to account for on that link.

Please do.

Here is a start.

You are still displaying your ignorance. The terms "ape" and "men" are descriptive terms referring to modern species. The notion of species evaporates as we go back in the fossil record. Apes do not "turn into" men.
Rather what we call "men" and "apes" today, share common ancestry.

That is how you read the facts.

Similarly dinos do not "turn into" birds. Birds and dino's share common ancestry.

Same as above. Did you know that Storrs Olson, Curator of Birds at the National Museum of Natural History of the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, DC, disagrees?

You and your relatives share common descent, don't they? Unless of course, you are adopted.

No, I do not believe your great great gramma was an animal. She was human like her great great gramma before her.

At any rate, my point is that taxonomy should be sufficient evidence for laymen like your self. If it isn't, well, so be it. Obviously, *nothing* would convince you. (Think about it next time you talk about the "cat family" or the "horse" family, or any of the other obvious familial relationships that abound in taxonomy.) No doubt you will make up some b.s. explanation about "baramins" or "kinds" or some other ad hoc nonsense to explain it.

My position is that Taxonomy is a useful tool within science, just like chuck's ideas about "adaptation". If we used Taxomonomy as the discipline itself, it would be just as incorrect of a base for Biology as using chuck's tools are.

I don't know about the other guys, but, I personally am not now, nor have I ever to my recollection discussed religion on this group. I am interested in people accurately representing the mainstream scientific viewpoints on matters of origins.

Alright, if you don't buy into abiogenisis, then where do you think chuck gets a start?

So my "3rd opinion" is the one that the scientific community uses is that there are unresolved issues in science. That is the very reason for having science is to study and resolve the unresolved. However, science is a displine of supreme honesty, and the honest person admits that there are an infinity of things we do not know.

I have never claimed otherwise :) Science is a wonderful tool to investigate the nature around us. However where you and I will disagree is when it boils down to "faith" in who is right according to the evidence.

The point is that we in science do not have to state an opinion beyond what is reasonable when asked a question. We are not in the worldview philosophy business, so we do not have to guess it all right at the beginning. We take into account that our knowledge is tentative and transitory.

I would beg to differ. It wasn't evidence that lead the evos to lable parts of DNA "junk" or organs "vestigial". It was their world view upon which their "science" was based. One had to "assume" evolutionary left overs for those conclusions.

...Ah, and you're supposed to be Galileo in this discussion... Guess you don't know anything about Galileo, do you?

Um, no, pompous one, the point is, as the RCC had a strangle hold then, chuck has the strangle hold now.

Sure, those attempts to inject creationism into schools have failed. The fact that there is a political movement that keeps trying to push these things into the public school system makes evolution a political hot potato that causes writers of textbooks and teachers to try to skirt the issue.

I'll ask again, where? Where in the US has chuck been limited in the classroms?

Yep. That abiogenesis happened, there is no doubt. How it happened is the thing that is not understood.

Faith!? :shocked:

That's what it takes to believe ordered sequence is birthed from the "essoteric soup".

Scientist use the term "magic" to refer to anything that is invoked that is beyond any possibility of scientific description or explanation. "God" is basically a label that has no scientific meaning, and thus has no place in science.

You mean, evo science. There is another way to look at the evidences.

I think you have a really warped notion about how much money is supplied to teaching. If anything, it is a lack of funds that is part of the problem of public education. Having to fight off creationist garbage is not helping the situation.

Lemme guess, along with being an evo, and a pagan, you are a liberal, too?

You mean was don't you? Kenyon used to be a decent scientist, way back when he did research back in the 1970's. He stopped doing research at that time, and has been working primarly a college administrator. (FYI people who become department chairmen don't do science. They don't have the time.)

LOL!!!!

So in essence "Kenyon used to be one of us, but now he is a traitor."

What he writes now are pathetic anti-science creationist tracts, and pity 'commentaries' of fields of science that he has not kept up with.

Sounds like you just don't like what he has to say anymore.

My reply was to point you in the direction of an answer of why Mendelian genetics fails. Mendelian genetics fails because the Mendel model does not have a mechanism for genetic change. Real genetics does change, and these mechanisms are the mechanisms that introduce variation into populations.

Well, I gave you a link to info, I guess asking a third time for some from you will be another waste of time.

I did. It's a tremendously exciting and important result that no doubt will change the way we view common descent. However, it by no means invalidates the notion of common descent. In fact, the study would make no sense if the idea of common descent was not there.

It's ok, I don't expect you to appologize for your attitude. I have come to see most evos lack the ability to admit error.

Anyway, my point is still the same. After one comparison the hypothesis was understated, and I am sure we will see more.

Apparently not.

I won't disallow your freedom to dream :)

That would be the same Francis Bacon, who warned about people attempting to mix science and biblism.. As to the others, their work is tied together by the results that have sprung from Darwin's ideas.

: chortle :

Darwin wasn't the glue before his time, and as soon as he gets a proper place within science he won't be holding evo science together either.

The only problem with your hypothesis is that nobody controls science. Science is a free marketplace, and the only reason that creationism, or ID (whatever) is not selling is that that free market sees no value in it.

I think you missed a few steps. The dogma of the day gets the money for education and air time. As for OH, the school board voted it down, not the parents who wanted it.

You are making the mistake of believing that there is only one possible configuration for life. Life as we know it, is a particular configuration. There is no reason to believe that it is the only configuration.

Before you go making the problem harder for yourself, let's consider what we actually have here to work with. You need to explain how RNA is in the right sequence to mean anything.

Stratnerd

Same as above. Did you know that Storrs Olson, Curator of Birds at the National Museum of Natural History of the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, DC, disagrees?
Please note so I don't need to repeat a third time that Olson has been exceedingly quiet for the last couple of years since the discovery of several key fossils like the ones I listed (and a few more). The handful of nondino origins of birds, as a group, aren't taken very seriously anymore (some of them never were). Of course, these guys don't argue for poofing - they aren't that stupid.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Stratnerd

Please note so I don't need to repeat a third time that Olson has been exceedingly quiet for the last couple of years since the discovery of several key fossils like the ones I listed (and a few more). The handful of nondino origins of birds, as a group, aren't taken very seriously anymore (some of them never were). Of course, these guys don't argue for poofing - they aren't that stupid.

... This melodramatic assertion had already been disproven by recent studies of embryology and comparative morphology, which, of course, are never mentioned.

The idea of feathered dinosaurs and the theropod origin of birds is being actively promulgated by a cadre of zealous scientists acting in concert with certain editors at Nature and National Geographic who themselves have become outspoken and highly biased proselytizers of the faith. Truth and careful scientific weighing of evidence have been among the first casualties in their program, which is now fast becoming one of the grander scientific hoaxes of our age---the paleontological equivalent of cold fusion. If Sloan's article is not the crescendo of this fantasia, it is difficult to imagine to what heights it can next be taken. But it is certain that when the folly has run its course and has been fully exposed, National Geographic will unfortunately play a prominent but unenviable role in the book that summarizes the whole sorry episode.

His whole letter

It seems he took issue with the theory itself.

The handful of nondino origins of birds, as a group, aren't taken very seriously anymore (some of them never were).

I'm sorry to hear even a degree isn't enough to have your opinion from your field worthy of consideration. While I had felt perhaps his "silence" on the issue might be from contemplation, your "evo attitude" compels me to consider how his ideas were recieved then might give indication for his "silence" now.

Stratnerd

It seems he took issue with the theory itself.

I'm sorry to hear even a degree isn't enough to have your opinion from your field worthy of consideration.
everyone is equal in my eyes. I really don't give a hoot what comes after a name. I regularly review scientific articles by Ph.D.'s and I always see blunders... for example:

This melodramatic assertion had already been disproven by recent studies of embryology and comparative morphology
he's referring to work done by Feduccia and company which shows that the digits of birds are different from those of dinosaurs although we thought that they were the same (it's whether the three fingers we see are I,II,II or II, III, IV). Feduccia used embryonic data to show that birds aren't what we thought and uses adult dino data to show they're different but he never shows the embryonic data from dinosaurs we don't know about them so the comparisons is bogus! And it got published in PNAS (Proceedings of the National Academy of Science).

another example:

certain editors at Nature
they consistently publish the anti-dino articles too so I don't know what his problems is - maybe he's bitter because he had a paper rejected.

another example:

Truth and careful scientific weighing of evidence have been among the first casualties in their program,
when phylogenetics was developed for computers, it became more objective and it was this method that put dinos and birds in the same set. What is Olsen's method? Some of us are still looking...

While I had felt perhaps his "silence" on the issue might be from contemplation,
For years with such a huge ego? Probably not.
your "evo attitude" compels me to consider how his ideas were recieved then might give indication for his "silence" now.
well he's not a creationist so you don't even have a point! he just suggests a different origin of birds.

Jukia

And I'm still marveling how you go from one whine fest to the next :)

And I am still marveling in the fact that I get no real response to my question.
And I think that whining, as beauty, is in the eye (or ear) of the beholder.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
well he's not a creationist so you don't even have a point! he just suggests a different origin of birds.

I never claimed he was. But it's quite telling to watch you guys rip into a scientist in the field who disagrees with the dogma-of-the-day.

servent101

Dimo - just an off shoot from what the thread is about - but it is still something that has relevance to science and the way we perceive what we are.

There are particles in space - the size of pollen - large specs of dust - that weigh several tons - and they travel at velocities of thousands of miles an hour. They pass through the earth periodically - and cause havoc with satellites. I was watching a documentary on the phenomena on a science channel.

But as science starts to find out what is out there - we find out more of what we are - we have something to compare with - and as science starts to find our about the atom - that the parts that make up the atom are thousands of times smaller than the distance they are apart - that virtually we are suspended in a medium we know nothing about.

To say we are suspended in nothing is a little presumptuous and possibly a little offensive. - The concept that we have what we would consider the density of light - an ancient eastern metaphysical teaching - is being found to be true by science today. The concept of presence is a necessary concept to grasp as well – for there may be things of greater density than what we are – but without presence – therefore undetectable to our senses.

So often what is written so long ago - is dismissed, then hundred of years later - it is found to be true.

True science is not an enemy of Spirituality - True science can only find out what is here. When one approaches the subject with honest inquisitiveness there is not other occupation or hobby that is as rewarding.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

Free-Agent Smith

I never claimed he was. But it's quite telling to watch you guys rip into a scientist in the field who disagrees with the dogma-of-the-day.
Olsen is an evolutionist, so it is ok if he doesn't agree with other evolutionists. Honor among evo's, regardless of whether they agree or not.

Free-Agent Smith

AS,

Nope, for a particular item wrong is wrong is wrong. He's just wrong for fewer items than a "poofist".
OK so you think Olsen was wrong when he said that dinosaurs didn't evovle into birds, would that be correct?

Free-Agent Smith

well, yea, didn't you pick that up from the post at the top of the page???
Just making sure. Maybe you should get together with Olsen and see why there is a difference in opinion and come back and share that with us. Obviously one of you is wrong and I'd be interested in knowing which one is supposed to be correct. But that would be between you two and I understand if you chose not to pursue it.