ECT Clearing up the confusion of Creation!

6days

The KJV uses the word 'dragon' many times, but it does not use it the way you use it.
Dragon was referred to as a real animal. "It is also interesting that in the King James version of the Bible the term ‘dragon(s)’ is used more than 20 times in the Old Testament,20 once metaphorically, referring to the Pharaoh King of Egypt as a dragon (Ezekiel 29:3), and the other times referring to animals; for example, ‘… the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under foot’ (Psalm 91:13), ‘And I will make Jerusalem heaps and a den of dragons …’ (Jeremiah 9:11)" More from creation ministries

Derf

The animal described in Job is a dragon. It is Satan.

I doubt it will be of much use to do reply, but the passages describe 2 different animals. So when you say "the animal" you have already exceeded what scripture gives us.

Anyway, you and [MENTION=16942]JudgeRightly[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15431]6days[/MENTION] are doing fine, so no need to reply back to me.

I'm not sure why [MENTION=16627]iamaberean[/MENTION] wants to resurrect this thread. Seems he let it drop because he didn't have anything else to say, and then suddenly he replies to his own post to bump it back to the top.

God's Truth

I doubt it will be of much use to do reply,

Who are your hypocrite? It is much use to reply to you? Tell me why it is much to reply to you?

but the passages describe 2 different animals. So when you say "the animal" you have already exceeded what scripture gives us.

Go ahead and show it with scripture.

Don't you know any better?

Anyway, you and [MENTION=16942]JudgeRightly[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15431]6days[/MENTION] are doing fine, so no need to reply back to me.

Thanks for nothing but rudeness.

I'm not sure why [MENTION=16627]iamaberean[/MENTION] wants to resurrect this thread. Seems he let it drop because he didn't have anything else to say, and then suddenly he replies to his own post to bump it back to the top.

Why did you come back? iamaberean has interesting things to say with a lot of heart.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Dragon was referred to as a real animal. "It is also interesting that in the King James version of the Bible the term ‘dragon(s)’ is used more than 20 times in the Old Testament,20 once metaphorically, referring to the Pharaoh King of Egypt as a dragon (Ezekiel 29:3), and the other times referring to animals; for example, ‘… the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under foot’ (Psalm 91:13), ‘And I will make Jerusalem heaps and a den of dragons …’ (Jeremiah 9:11)" More from creation ministries

It is still about sin and not a real animal.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I already answered you. I can hardly believe you do not put more into the discussion. I do not usually write a lot so what is your problem?

My problem is that you're so heavenly minded you're no earthly good. :)

There were no dinosaurs and dragons walking the earth.

So this never walked the earth?

c2be2b340b45fa4cafb93be9310d9ab5.jpg

Or this?

56cebed4be4e038daf45c888a9b8d1fd.jpg

Or these?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dinosaur+fossil+images

The Bible calls Pharaoh a dragon.

Do you think he was a real dragon?

No, of course not. That would be called a metaphor.

Now answer my questions:

Did scientists say they found remains of dragons?

I haven't heard of any "dragon" fossils ever being discovered, but I've heard of and seen plenty of dinosaur fossils. All dragons are dinosaurs, but not all dinosaurs are dragons.

Does the Bible speak of dinosaurs?

Yes, leviathan and behemoth.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

More bad advice from you.
Tell me what good is it to believe in dinosaurs?

I haven't heard of any "dragon" fossils ever being discovered, but I've heard of and seen plenty of dinosaur fossils. All dragons are dinosaurs, but not all dinosaurs are dragons.

No such thing as scientists finding dragons, and yet, the Bible speaks of them.

That is about Satan and sin. Do you really think that dinosaurs were around in the Old Testament times and there was only one for the water and only one for the earth? That is proof alone it is about Satan and sin.

God's Truth

So this never walked the earth?

c2be2b340b45fa4cafb93be9310d9ab5.jpg

Or this?

56cebed4be4e038daf45c888a9b8d1fd.jpg

Or these?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dinosaur+fossil+images

No, of course not. That would be called a metaphor.

Scientists have admitted to lying before.

Do you believe Adam and Eve were apes and we evolved from them?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
More bad advice from you.

Advice? I was simply making an observation.

No such thing as scientists finding dragons, and yet, the Bible speaks of them.
Dragons were and still are a huge part of the Chinese culture. Where do you think they got the idea of dragons from? The Bible?

That is about Satan and sin. Do you really think that dinosaurs were around in the Old Testament times

Yes, I would imagine that some would have been born from the Ark.

and there was only one for the water and only one for the earth?

Is it possible to talk about a species of animal while talking specifically about one? Yes. Why do you think that God was talking about just one animal. Do you think it's possible He was talking about the entire species?

That is proof alone it is about Satan and sin.

No, really, it's not.

Of course, the lion is a real animal.

So if the lion is a real animal, why can't the dragon be a real animal? Especially since they're referred to in the same verse...

Derf

Who are your hypocrite? It is much use to reply to you? Tell me why it is much you to reply to you?

Don't you know any better?

Why did you come back? iamaberean has interesting things to say with a lot of heart.

But seriously, [MENTION=16627]iamaberean[/MENTION] had a number of interesting things to say, but in the end, he didn't answer my objections, he just let them drop, choosing instead to reiterate the same stuff in a new thread with similar title, http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?114197-Einstein-s-theory-of-Creation-clears-confusion!, which he also let drop. Now he resurrects the older one with nothing new to add--why is that?

Allegorizing the references to behemoth and leviathan, as much as it may help an argument, does little to help the truth, especially in the face of such intricate descriptions of 2 separate beasts.

I gave scripture, and you asked for different scripture. At least READ what those scriptures say: “Look at Behemoth" (Job 40:15)--How does one "look" at Satan? "If you lay a hand on [Leviathan], you will remember the struggle and never do it again!" (Job 41:8)--how does one touch a devil?

The two creatures had two separate names (הֲמוֹת bĕhemowth, וְיָתָן livyathan ), two separate descriptions, two completely different habitats (tress and mountains and grass, vs the deep and the sea). They weren't called "dragons" in Job. The reason the English language has the words "behemoth" and "leviathan" is because they were transliterated from the Hebrew scriptures. The references to the two creatures are in contiguous scripture.

I suppose, before you said
you went through and read some of my other posts on this thread.

I suppose, before you said
You posted a host of scripture backing up your assertion.

But no, my suppositions are like the wind, since you didn't do either, apparently.

Hypocrisy, indeed!

But at least I can thank you for affirming my statement of the futility of responding.

God's Truth

But seriously, [MENTION=16627]iamaberean[/MENTION] had a number of interesting things to say, but in the end, he didn't answer my objections, he just let them drop, choosing instead to reiterate the same stuff in a new thread with similar title, http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?114197-Einstein-s-theory-of-Creation-clears-confusion!, which he also let drop. Now he resurrects the older one with nothing new to add--why is that?

Allegorizing the references to behemoth and leviathan, as much as it may help an argument, does little to help the truth, especially in the face of such intricate descriptions of 2 separate beasts.

I gave scripture, and you asked for different scripture. At least READ what those scriptures say: “Look at Behemoth" (Job 40:15)--How does one "look" at Satan? "If you lay a hand on [Leviathan], you will remember the struggle and never do it again!" (Job 41:8)--how does one touch a devil?

The two creatures had two separate names (הֲמוֹת bĕhemowth, וְיָתָן livyathan ), two separate descriptions, two completely different habitats (tress and mountains and grass, vs the deep and the sea). They weren't called "dragons" in Job. The reason the English language has the words "behemoth" and "leviathan" is because they were transliterated from the Hebrew scriptures. The references to the two creatures are in contiguous scripture.

I suppose, before you saidyou went through and read some of my other posts on this thread.

I suppose, before you saidYou posted a host of scripture backing up your assertion.

But no, my suppositions are like the wind, since you didn't do either, apparently.

Hypocrisy, indeed!

But at least I can thank you for affirming my statement of the futility of responding.

I just do not agree with you.

You should try not to be so insulting.

Derf

I just do not agree with you.

You should try not to be so insulting.
Thank you for your advice. I'll try to put it into practice.

The whole point of this forum, I think, is not just for people to disagree with and stay disagreeing with each other, but hopefully to start out disagreeing and come to the truth together--iron sharpening iron. Sometimes one will have much good to say, and sometimes another, but if we devolve into name calling and heresy hunting, the truth may be hid from both sides of every argument.

I appreciate the disagreement, I really do! Because I hope to learn where I am wrong so I can correct it. I hope you can agree with me on that.

God's Truth

The whole point of this forum, I think, is not just for people to disagree with and stay disagreeing with each other, but hopefully to start out disagreeing and come to the truth together--iron sharpening iron. Sometimes one will have much good to say, and sometimes another, but if we devolve into name calling and heresy hunting, the truth may be hid from both sides of every argument.

I appreciate the disagreement, I really do! Because I hope to learn where I am wrong so I can correct it. I hope you can agree with me on that.

So are you finally admitting you were being rude?

I can't tell you how much I like debating.

Can you do it without insulting?

God's Truth

I reread this and man it sounds good. It not only sounds good, it is good.

Derf

So are you finally admitting you were being rude?

I can't tell you how much I like debating.

Can you do it without insulting?

Before I admit being insulting and rude, can you at least tell me which part of my post you considered rude and which you considered insulting:

I doubt it will be of much use to do reply, but the passages describe 2 different animals. So when you say "the animal" you have already exceeded what scripture gives us.