Christian Ministers to Use 'Magic Mushrooms' for 'Religious Experience' for A Study

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
And the entire Bible includes the Gospel as even Paul shows by way of all the Torah, Prophets, and Psalms, from which he quotes to formulate "his Gospel".
We are all just so lucky to have you here to explain to us things that would have been so obvious to the early Church, that they never even once thought to write about it.

daqq

We are all just so lucky to have you here to explain to us things that would have been so obvious to the early Church, that they never even once thought to write about it.

You do not see all of the Tanakh quotes in the writings of Paul?
Perhaps you should look for a different "mother"-covenant, eh blindy?
It appears you have been suckling on sour milk for too long . . .

glorydaz

And the entire Bible includes the Gospel as even Paul shows by way of all the Torah, Prophets, and Psalms, from which he quotes to formulate "his Gospel".

We need all the Bible for all Truth. That doesn't mean that everything in the Bible is intended by God for us to keep. We don't bring animal sacrifices, for instance. We aren't Jews who have been given land promises. We read all the Bible from beginning to end and glean truth throughout. So, what your point is with this post is beyond my imaginings.

daqq

We need all the Bible for all Truth. That doesn't mean that everything in the Bible is intended by God for us to keep. We don't bring animal sacrifices, for instance. We aren't Jews who have been given land promises. We read all the Bible from beginning to end and glean truth throughout. So, what your point is with this post is beyond my imaginings.

New creatures who are new creations in Messiah understand all those things you mentioned that supposedly do not apply to you, and not only do we understand them, we walk in them.

glorydaz

If Angel can stomach what you have written here and like it too... all of my suspicions are off.

Good. I have no fear of Angel being able to "stomach" me. She knows full well I am far from perfect. I'll also mention that I agree with her point concerning certain drugs being closely associated with sorcery and satanic doings.

However, there is no requirement to "like" everything another believer does. There isn't even a requirement to agree with everything another believer holds dear. There are essentials for salvation which all believers hold to, and the rest we wait to fully understand.

To be frank, I don't care what other believers do in their personal lives, and I sincerely doubt other true believers feel any different. I know that the Lord will finish the good work he started in them...as He will in me.

Romans 14:22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.​

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Good. I have no fear of Angel being able to "stomach" me. She knows full well I am far from perfect. I'll also mention that I agree with her point concerning certain drugs being closely associated with sorcery and satanic doings.

However, there is no requirement to "like" everything another believer does. There isn't even a requirement to agree with everything another believer holds dear. There are essentials for salvation which all believers hold to, and the rest we wait to fully understand.

To be frank, I don't care what other believers do in their personal lives, and I sincerely doubt other true believers feel any different. I know that the Lord will finish the good work he started in them...as He will in me.
Romans 14:22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.​
glory, I think that's the scripture I was looking for that one time, about not considering certain things sinful

musterion

glory, I think that's the scripture I was looking for that one time, about not considering certain things sinful

I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him unclean. 15 But if thy brother be grieved with meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died. 16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of: 17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. 18 For he that in these things serveth Christ acceptable to God, and approved of men. 19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another. 20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed pure; but evil for that man who eateth with offense. 21 Good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. 22 Hast thou faith? have to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. 23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because not of faith: for whatsoever not of faith is sin.

The context of the chapter is believers arguing and judging one another over the obsolete standard of clean and unclean foods. I personally would not stretch it beyond that. Just my opinion, counts for no more than that.

musterion

I mean, technically, if a believer's pot smoking (or whatever) stumbles another believer by offending them (because their conscience does not allow them to approve of it), then if we use this passage without prooftexting it, the pot smoker would have to give up pot (or whatever) out of respect and charity for that other believer's lack of faith. Rom 15:1-2

Again, just one guy's opinion.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I mean, technically, if a believer's pot smoking (or whatever) stumbles another believer by offending them (because their conscience does not allow them to approve of it), then if we use this passage without prooftexting it, the pot smoker would have to give up pot (or whatever) out of respect for the other believer's lack of faith. Rom 15:1-2

Again, just one guy's opinion.
Romans 14:15 (KJV) and Romans 14:20-21 (KJV)

He wasn't talking about drugs.