Christian Man Asks Thirteen Gay Bakeries To Bake Him Pro-Traditional Marriage Cake

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I see you are trying to make a claim you cannot support.

Here is the exact quote of what you actually said:

Yes, society is trending away from morality, thanks to idiots that claim people that stand for morality are bigoted.

No, it is not my problem, it is a problem for the societies that are being destroyed by a move away from morality, as demonstrated by the reference to one of the causes for the fall of the Roman Empire.

You may want to ignore history, but that will only result in the destruction of the society you are turning immoral.

No, you are automatically wrong because you stand for perversion and oppose morals.

Religious rights are protected in part because they promote morality.
You should try to figure out what the rest of the reasons to protect religious rights before condemning those rights for interfering with your desire to promote immorality.

Very well said, because it's simple truth.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Quote mining....yet another low. Ironic coming from someone trying to stress "morals".

Remember, G.O. is the one who falsely claimed that I wanted illegal aliens to vote, and when called out on it, invented several other lies to try to cover for his first lie.

So he doesn't have much in the way of morals or shame.

genuineoriginal

Remember, G.O. is the one who falsely claimed that I wanted illegal aliens to vote, and when called out on it, invented several other lies to try to cover for his first lie.

So he doesn't have much in the way of morals or shame.

I see you are lying and trolling, again.

You never seem to learn.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Goose/gander. If you hold yourself out as a public business making cakes or cookies then you can't discriminate. If you do then you open yourself for a lawsuit. That said, I'd say there is a difference between seeking a cake for a gay or traditional ceremony and going a step further, which is what is being done here or could be done on the other side of it, UNLESS the baker in question offers private messages on their product as a part of their regular business practice.

Maybe they can't, yet, in some cases, they should.

Law should be legal, not a placatory of ideology.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Maybe they can't, yet, in some cases, they should.
Can't and should in what particular?

Law should be legal, not a placatory of ideology.
Not sure I understand the shorthand here...the law is ideology, of a sort, just a fundamental one. Ours being predicated on the notion that we should be as free as we can be within the natural balancing of right among equals. Fundamental to that equality is an even opportunity, not in ability, but in right. Or, I should have the same access to culture and goods as anyone, subject to the limitations my ability places upon the degree and not subject to the limitations a hostile majority places upon me owing nothing to the act or exercise and everything to the bias carried against me.

genuineoriginal

Right...you changed what I said and attributed the altered statement to me. And then you complained about declining morals.

Your hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness are noted.
The only thing I changed was removing the words "your bigoted" from the sentence: "Society is trending away from your bigoted morality."

Your hatred of morality seems to have affected both your eyesight and your memory.

Jose Fly

The only thing I changed was removing the words "your bigoted" from the sentence: "Society is trending away from your bigoted morality."
So to you, changing "Society is trending away from your bigoted morality" to "Society is trending away from morality" does not alter the meaning at all.

:sigh:

genuineoriginal

So to you, changing "Society is trending away from your bigoted morality" to "Society is trending away from morality" does not alter the meaning at all.

:sigh:

Society is trending away from morality to the point that morons now think that morality is bigotry.

Which is the important part?

Society is trending away from morality?
or
Morons now think that morality is bigotry?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The only reason the baker will bake a wedding cake for couple A and not couple B is because of the sexual orientation of couple B.

And these bakery cases are exactly that. The only reason he won't bake a cake for couple B is because of their sexual orientation. If they were of a different sexual orientation (heterosexual), he would bake the cake.

It's your [bakery], so you run it as you see fit.
:think:

Jose Fly

Um.....are you trying to equate what I said about a public business (bakery) with what I said about an internet forum?

And you went and dug up a thread from 8 months ago to do it?

Obsessed much? :kookoo: