ECT Christ is the Head of His Bride.

SaulToPaul 2

Verse 7:

During the Millenium and the ages beyond, the LORD can point to me and say,

"Look at STP. I never made a covenant with him. I didn't owe him anything. He did not deserve anything from me, but utter destruction. But look at him and his glory. These are the riches of my grace."

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Verse 7:

During the Millenium and the ages beyond, the LORD can point to me and say,

"Look at STP. I never made a covenant with him. I didn't owe him anything. He did not deserve anything from me, but utter destruction. But look at him and his glory. These are the riches of my grace."

I'll take that as a "no"

That would mean you think "shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus." are events that take place in the future?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Revelation 21:1 KJV - Revelation 21:2 KJV - Revelation 21:3 KJV -

Revelation 21:4 KJV - Revelation 21:5-6 KJV -

So, the Bible says prepared and adorned AS a bride for her husband. does that mean "like" a bride or similar to a bride ?

The first verse of Rev. ch 21 belongs as the last verse of Ch 20.

LA

achduke

I believe that this is an analogy. The bribe of the Lamb is a city.

Romans 7:4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another, even to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.

Right Divider

Body part
So, you don't think God has "shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus."?

You think that's something that takes place in the future?
That is correct.

I know that you falsely believe that everything everywhere has already been fulfilled, but that's dumb.

Right Divider

Body part
Romans 7:4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another, even to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.
Once again, this is an analogy.

Dead to the law and alive to Christ.

Read the whole passage and understand what it means.
Rom 7:1-6 KJV Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? (2) For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. (3) So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. (4) Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. (5) For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. (6) But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
The point of the passage it not that we get married to Christ, but that He delivered us from the law so that we can live by the spirit.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is scripture that says that the Body of Christ is one new man.
Not a woman.

(Eph 5:23) For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.

In order for the husband to be the head of the wife, the wife has to be a woman.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

So is the body and head.

So is the bride

So is the building:

(Eph 2:20-21) built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord.

How is Christ Jesus a cornerstone and a head at the same time?

Claiming the church can't be a bride and a body at the same time is like claiming Jesus can't be a cornerstone and head at the same time.

achduke

Dead to the law and alive to Christ.

Read the whole passage and understand what it means.
Rom 7:1-6 KJV Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? (2) For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. (3) So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. (4) Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. (5) For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. (6) But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
The point of the passage it not that we get married to Christ, but that He delivered us from the law so that we can live by the spirit.
Then why even mention it? God divorced Israel. It is unlawful to remarry your ex wife. In death the bride is free to remarry.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is correct.

You're wrong

I know that you falsely believe that everything everywhere has already been fulfilled, but that's dumb.

Not everything.

Paul made it clear that the people he was speaking to were living at the culmination of the ages:

(1 Cor 10:11) ....were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

What Paul spoke of in Eph 2:7 (the coming ages) happened in 70AD. That's when the New Covenant was fully in place, the Old Covenant was gone for good, and we now have the incomparable riches of His grace expressed in His kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

(Eph 2:7) in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

It's pretty foolish to suggest verse 7 hasn't been fulfilled yet.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God divorced Israel. It is unlawful to remarry your ex wife. In death the bride is free to remarry.

That's correct.

According to the Law of Moses, it would have been an abomination for God to remarry the Israelites from the House of Israel.

That's why the remarriage couldn't happen until the death of Christ Jesus.

Right Divider

Body part
So is the body and head.

So is the bride

So is the building:

(Eph 2:20-21) built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord.

How is Christ Jesus a cornerstone and a head at the same time?

Claiming the church can't be a bride and a body at the same time is like claiming Jesus can't be a cornerstone and head at the same time.
I never made any such claim, but there is much confusion based on people like yourself not understanding the difference in dispensations (Israel under the law and the body of Christ tnat is not under the law).

Right Divider

Body part
You're wrong
Says the oh so confused one.

Not everything.

Paul made it clear that the people he was speaking to were living at the culmination of the ages:

(1 Cor 10:11) ....were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

What Paul spoke of in Eph 2:7 (the coming ages) happened in 70AD. That's when the New Covenant was fully in place, the Old Covenant was gone for good, and we now have the incomparable riches of His grace expressed in His kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

(Eph 2:7) in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

It's pretty foolish to suggest verse 7 hasn't been fulfilled yet.
Lunatic.