ECT Christ is the Head of His Bride.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why wouldn't I?

Galatians 4

Paul tells us that Mt Sinai and the old Jerusalem on planet earth represented the old covenant.

(Gal 4:25) Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children.

In the next verse, Paul tells us the New Jerusalem represents the New Covenant, and is our mother (Sarah represents freedom)

(Gal 4:26) But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.

Paul then tells his audience that they are like Isaac, children of the free woman, not the slave woman

(Gal 4:31) Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.

Notice how Paul tells us that the BOC is like Isaac.

I don't know how you can read Gal 4 and still deny that the BOC is not under the New Covenant.

SaulToPaul 2

Galatians 4

Paul tells us that Mt Sinai and the old Jerusalem on planet earth represented the old covenant.

(Gal 4:25) Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children.

In the next verse, Paul tells us the New Jerusalem represents the New Covenant, and is our mother (Sarah represents freedom)

(Gal 4:26) But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.

Paul then tells his audience that they are like Isaac, children of the free woman, not the slave woman

(Gal 4:31) Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.

Notice how Paul tells us that the BOC is like Isaac.

I don't know how you can read Gal 4 and still deny that the BOC is not under the New Covenant.

:chuckle:

According to you, the new covenant predates the old covenant?
The law came after the other covenant mentioned in the passage.

Mt Sinai was literal, so is New Jerusalem.

SaulToPaul 2

24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

I think Tet should read this one hundred times, and then meditate.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle:

According to you, the new covenant predates the old covenant?
The law came after the other covenant mentioned in the passage.

Mt Sinai was literal, so is New Jerusalem.

Sarah is symbolic of the New Covenant.

Hagar is symbolic of the Old Covenant.

Hagar represents bondage to sin, and old Jerusalem.

Sarah represents, freedom from sin, and New Jerusalem.

Cross Reference

24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Obviously it doesn't mean Jesus but David. I mean, that is what it says. :rolleyes:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

It was fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

Christ Jesus is King of kings.

Christ Jesus is the one shepherd.

SaulToPaul 2

Sarah is symbolic of the New Covenant.

Hagar is symbolic of the Old Covenant.

Hagar represents bondage to sin, and old Jerusalem.

Sarah represents, freedom from sin, and New Jerusalem.

Mt Sinai- literal
New Jerusalem-not literal

How do you make that jump?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So why is the name David literally David?

He only takes the parts he likes literally.

The verse says David will be king over them. He doesn't take that part literally. It's ok for him to make David symbolic of Christ Jesus, but the other parts have to be taken literally by him.

Cross Reference

The verse says David will be king over them. He doesn't take that part literally. It's ok for him to make David symbolic of Christ Jesus, but the other parts have to be taken literally by him.

That is what happens when on gets caught up in cult like thinking. It makes one unteachable. Gotta be careful not to go down that road because it doesn't lead one Home. Don't take off ramps that will have you only going in circles.

SaulToPaul 2

Yes, the Old Covenant and the New Covenant.

Gal 3
17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Abrahamic covenant
Old covenant

Undeniable.

SaulToPaul 2

Wrong again.
I believe David will be the king on the earth, as it says.

Christ reigns from the New Jerusalem.

Do you ever tire of misleading?