Calvinism: A Denial of the Lordship of Jesus Christ

Robert Pate

Banned
I like all good Calvinists trust in Christ alone for my salvation. More so than free-willikers.

That has nothing at all to do with being or not being Calvinistic.

But again, are you now saying that not all who call upon the Lord will be saved. Because that certainly seems to be what you are saying. "Whosoever" and all.

If you were trusting in Christ alone you would not need Calvinism.

You can't call on Christ to save you and then believe that you have been predestinated. Whether you know it or not predestination is in conflict with the Gospel and justification by faith.

beloved57

You can't call on Christ to save you and then believe that you have been predestinated. Whether you know it or not predestination is in conflict with the Gospel and justification by faith.

You don't believe in Jesus Christ alone, how could you when you teach that people He shed His Precious Blood for wind up lost in their sins anyways?

Robert Pate

Banned
^
People who don't understand how predestination fundamentally works, and hates it based on fundamental ignorance.

Everybody knows how predestination works.

God selects some to be saved and damns the rest to hell, making God an unjust tyrant.

Brother Ducky

Goodness gracious, no, not at all.

However, you really seem to be doing a hat dance and avoiding the question. Are you now saying, contrary to Paul, that one can call upon the name of the Lord and not be saved?

Robert Pate

Banned
It's made clear now, you believe that Christ death alone was not enough to save them He died for!

Jesus claims to be the savior of the whole world.

"I came not to judge the world, BUT TO SAVE THE WORLD" John 12:47.

Did you just go blind again?

All have been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Can you still see, or are you totally blind?

So that..."Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

I know that is a lot of light for you and by now you can't see a thing.

Robert Pate

Banned
Goodness gracious, no, not at all.

However, you really seem to be doing a hat dance and avoiding the question. Are you now saying, contrary to Paul, that one can call upon the name of the Lord and not be saved?

If you sincerely call on Christ to save you, you will be saved.

beloved57

Jesus claims to be the savior of the whole world.

"I came not to judge the world, BUT TO SAVE THE WORLD" John 12:47.

Did you just go blind again?

All have been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Can you still see, or are you totally blind?

So that..."Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

I know that is a lot of light for you and by now you can't see a thing.

So you admit that Christ death alone was not enough to save them He died for ?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The resounding message of the New Testament witness is that "Jesus is Lord". A Lord is one that has dominion over his domain.

TULIP

Tangebly
Useless
Presumptions
Limiting
Incarnate
Power

:DK:

TuLiP

Theologically
Unfounded
Poppycock
Listing
Insufficient
Paragon

:deadhorse:

Totally
Unbelievable
Preaching
Lobbing
Impotent
Propagation

:jeffrson:

Nanja

Its like being served a big delicious meal.

Its not yours until you eat it.

Nothing but works of the flesh!

1 Cor. 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The Faith by which one receives Christ or believes on His Name is only ascribed to those who have been Born of God Gal 5:22!

Rom. 8:7-8
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
Nothing but works of the flesh!

1 Cor. 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The Faith by which one receives Christ or believes on His Name is only ascribed to those who have been Born of God Gal 5:22!

Rom. 8:7-8
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

~~~

You need to eat the meal so that you can have life.

You have trouble with the scriptures. There are many that you reject. I reject none of them.

What do you do with 2 Peter 3:9? "The Lord is not willing that any should perish". You reject it along with dozens of other scriptures.