Calvinism: A Denial of the Lordship of Jesus Christ

beloved57

I don't hold men's persons in admiration, you apparently do.

Jesus said, "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14.

Jesus didn't come into the world to save the intellectual. Just because someone is smart does not mean that they believe the Gospel.

My thought is that if you are really trusting in Christ to save you, then all that you need is Christ and his Gospel. Everything else is "sinking sand".

You teach that those sinners Christ came to seek and to save still wind up lost in their sins anyways! That's dishonoring to the Saviour!

JAGG

I don't hold men's persons in admiration, you apparently do.

Robert,

♦ There is no distinction between men and men's persons. They are the same.

♦ You ought to admire human beings who live admirable lives.

♦ And here is why you should: . . .

. . . The New Testament Clearly Admires Those Who Live Admirably:
"And what more shall I say? I do not have time to tell about Gideon, Barak, Samson and Jephthah, about David and Samuel and the prophets, who through faith conquered kingdoms, administered justice, and gained what was promised; who shut the mouths of lions, quenched the fury of the flames, and escaped the edge of the sword; whose weakness was turned to strength; and who became powerful in battle and routed foreign armies. Women received back their dead, raised to life again. There were others who were tortured, refusing to be released so that they might gain an even better resurrection. Some faced jeers and flogging, and even chains and imprisonment. They were put to death by stoning; they were sawed in two; they were killed by the sword. They went about in sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated— the world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and mountains, living in caves and in holes in the ground. These were all commended for their faith."
Hebrews 11:33-39

"the world was not worthy of them", is a statement of clear New Testament admitation of human beings who lived admirable lives.

♦ "These were all commended for their faith", is another instance of clear New Testament admiration for human beings who lived admirably.

♦ The Apostle Paul praised and commended those Christians that were especially hard workers with him in his ministry, one example of this is Romans 16:7, where Paul says:

"Greet Andronicus and Junia, my fellow Jews who have been in prison with me. They are outstanding among the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was."

Paul clearly admires Junia and Andronicus and says they were outstanding among the other apostles.

JAGG

Jesus didn't come into the world to save the intellectual.

♦ I think we both know that the Lord Jesus came into the world to save the human race and that the "whosoever" of John 3:16 includes the "intellectuals" as well as the unlearned philistines.

My thought is that if you are really trusting in Christ to save you, then all that you need is Christ and his Gospel. Everything else is "sinking sand".

That sounds good as its written. But the fact remains that, based upon your (1) through (6) listed in my post 19, Augustus Toplady the author of "Rock Of Ages" and John Newton who wrote the hymn "Amazing Grace", are both in Hell, as are all the other deceased Calvinists listed in my post 20.

I hope you recognize that your position on this issue is utterly irrational.

You do yourself and the cause of the Lord Jesus harm, when you embrace what is clearly irrational.

Its irrational to hold that these men . . .

Arthur W. Pink
Augustus Toplady
Charles Spurgeon
George Whitefield
John Bunyan
John Calvin
John Gill
John Knox
John Newton
John Owen
Jonathan Edwards
Martyn Lloyd-Jones
William Wilberforce
D. James Kennedy
John F. MacArthur
John Piper
Loraine Boettner
R.C. Sproul

. . . are in Hell, or likely to be in Hell.

♦ Regarding Calvinism: You should make your arguments against the doctrines and NOT against the men who sincerely believe those doctrines. You have no authority to "put them into Hell" or hold that that they are likely to end up in Hell, and that is precisely what your (1) through (6) does.

♦ You ought to rethink your (1) through (6) and find a more rational way to argue against the Calvinistic Theological System, than to announce that those who died believing that theological system are in Hell.

Verse For Today:
"live a life of love"
(Eph.5:2)

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert,

I just started a thread titled "Will Only A Few Human Beings Be Saved? No."

If you're interested, drop by and discuss it with me. My OP has just one argument, but I have several more very good arguments to be posted in the thread, here: Will Only A Few Human Beings Be Saved? No.

Jesus said, "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14. Few there be that find what? Few there be that find and believe the Gospel. Faith in Christ and his Gospel are the entrance into eternal life.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Bible does not teach that multitudes will be saved. Nor does it teach that the works of men will be acknowledged by God as worthy of salvation.

The only work that God acknowledges is the work of Christ that was done on behalf of sinners. Religious people always hold men's person in admiration. We are all sinners saved by grace. No one is an greater or any lessor than anyone else.

Nanja

We are all sinners saved by grace. No one is an greater or any lessor than anyone else.

No, not all of humanity is saved by Grace, only God's Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23.

The vessels of God's Wrath Rom. 9:22 are appointed to eternal destruction.

~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
No, not all of humanity is saved by Grace, only God's Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23.

The vessels of God's Wrath Rom. 9:22 are appointed to eternal destruction.

~~~~

If that were true, which it is not, then your Calvinist God is an unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous tyrant that delights in sending people to hell.

This is not the God of the Bible. This is the God of Calvinism.

It is not possible to have saving faith in the God of Calvinism. What you have faith in is a doctrine, the doctrine of Calvinism.

If you do not renounce your Calvinist God and call on Christ to save you, you will die in your sins and will spend eternity in hell.

beloved57

The resounding message of the New Testament witness is that "Jesus is Lord". A Lord is one that has dominion over his domain.

"And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it" Colossians 2:15.

Many will say if Jesus has defeated sin, death and the devil, then why is there so much evil in the world? This is the age of sin and death, it is also the age of grace and faith. Everything is being played out to the end. When Jesus returns it will be the end of the age of sin and death. It will also be the end of the age of grace and faith. There will not be a chance for salvation after Jesus returns, there will only be judgment.

When Jesus entered into heaven, having defeated sin, death and the devil, God made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36.

"Who being the brightness of his glory and the express image of his person and upholding ALL THINGS by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high" Hebrews 1:3.

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. As far as God is concerned, Jesus has defeated sin, death and the devil and is the, "King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. It doesn't matter how you see things, nor does it matter what you think. All that matters is how God thinks and sees all things, and God sees ALL THINGS in Jesus Christ. Jesus is God's new Adam and our new humanity. In Jesus Christ we have been justified, Romans 3:26, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

Calvinism is a denial of the Lordship of Jesus Christ. To say that Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2, is to say that Jesus is not Lord. To say that Jesus is not Lord is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit and is the unforgivable sin. No one will be saved that does not believe that Jesus is Lord. To say that Jesus only atoned for some sins, but not all sins is to say that Jesus is not Lord and is not of the Holy Spirit. The foundation of the Gospel is the Lordship of Jesus Christ and the fact that he has defeated sin, death and the devil and is the savior of the whole world, John 12:47.

If Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and is Lord, then that means that all religions are worthless. This is why Paul said, "And you are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power" Colossians 2:10. This is how Jesus has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Jesus perfects our humanity in himself and presents it to God as perfect and complete in himself. This means that salvation can only be by grace through faith. Everything else is a denial of the Lordship of Christ and his Gospel.

And yet you deny the efficacy of Christ death alone by teaching that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways!

beloved57

If that were true, which it is not, then your Calvinist God is an unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous tyrant that delights in sending people to hell.

This is not the God of the Bible. This is the God of Calvinism.

It is not possible to have saving faith in the God of Calvinism. What you have faith in is a doctrine, the doctrine of Calvinism.

If you do not renounce your Calvinist God and call on Christ to save you, you will die in your sins and will spend eternity in hell.

Blaspheming God!

beloved57

"Jesus is Lord" because he has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil. Without faith in the Lordship of Jesus Christ you will never see heaven.

And you teach that people Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways!

Nanja

See how blatant he is with his lies ?

Yep, it's more comforting for Pate to hide behind his lies because he knows he's not saved, that's why he keeps reiterating such blasphemies against God:

your Calvinist God is an unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous tyrant that delights in sending people to hell.

It's for certain that Pate doesn't know the True God.

His darkened understanding is evidence of being void of Spiritual Life.

Eph. 4:18
Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
Yep, it's more comforting for Pate to hide behind his lies because he knows he's not saved, that's why he keeps reiterating such blasphemies against God:

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

~~~~

It must give you great comfort believing that you are saved and everyone else is going to hell.

beloved57

~~~~

Amen Sister!

Robert Pate

Banned
Amen Sister!

You have been blinded by Calvinism and are in denial of the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

You cannot be saved if you do not believe that you have been reconciled to God by Jesus Christ.

John Calvin cannot reconcile you to God, why do you embrace him?

Instead of trusting in the work and the person of Jesus Christ, you have chosen to trust in the words of a heretic.

beloved57

You have been blinded by Calvinism and are in denial of the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

You cannot be saved if you do not believe that you have been reconciled to God by Jesus Christ.

John Calvin cannot reconcile you to God, why do you embrace him?

Instead of trusting in the work and the person of Jesus Christ, you have chosen to trust in the words of a heretic.

You teach that sinners Christ died for, still wind up lost in their sins. Thats an attack on the saving blood of Christ !

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that sinners Christ died for, still wind up lost in their sins. Thats an attack on the saving blood of Christ !

No its not.

The blood of Christ was shed for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

You think that because you don't believe that its not true.

beloved57

No its not.

The blood of Christ was shed for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

You think that because you don't believe that its not true.

Yes it is an attack on the death of Christ, to teach that those He died for, tasted death for, still wind up lost in their sins !