Battle Talk ~ BR XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Chileice said:
Turbo, That's it? theo went to all that trouble to lay out a comprehensive argument and all you did was give smart aleck answers to his questions? That was hardly worth the time it took to read. I realize you laid some of that stuff out in earlier posts but that was the weakest post I've seen in this debate.
By "comprehensive argument" did you mean Theo posted a lot of fluff? :think:

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Primghar said:
Wow, I am impressed by the little picture Turbo posted. I certainly support the DP now! However, he forgot to tell us WHY Christians should support the DP again...silly man. Now, I don't care who you are...Turbo's post was not "brilliant"! I mean, c'mon, BRILLIANT?? In what way? He said nothing brilliant.
Yeah, good point, Turbo didn't say anything really "brilliant" like....
Primghar said:
THEO--YOU DID A FANTASTIC JOB! WOOOT!!!

Eat it, Turbo.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
theo_victis said:
You are splitting up the chiasm in an unnessecary fashion. I think that the passage is speaking about dietary laws (a monistic-collectivised interpretation). You are compartmentalizing this when it does not need to be.

Besides, even if this passage is speaking of retribution I do not think it argues in favor of Turbo's interpretation that at the center of a godly government is the DP, this is eisegesis. It is not speaking about governments, it is a command in order to make sure that Noah could be fruitful and multiply.

Is being fruitful and multiplying at the center of a godly government as well?

See the logical flaw in his interpretation?
No, I don't! You think maybe I'm just not smart enough?

Chileice

novice said:
By "comprehensive argument" did you mean Theo posted a lot of fluff? :think:

No, I mean he layed out his thoughts in an organized way and then went into detail to explain the reasons for the assertions he made. That is a wise debater. You don't have to agree with him to admit that his fourth post was good. It was long, but good. Too bad most on Turb's side probably never bothered to read it.

Free-Agent Smith

Madagascar, King Julian of the lemurs might say,.... "Look at all of the pansies!"

Great job Turbo. Keep up the good work. You got my vote.

ApologeticJedi

Holy Toledo! Excellent fourth round post Turbo. :first:

I was less impressed with your previous ones, but that one hits home.

At some point in a debate, the debate reaches the conclusion and the rest is just mop up. I predict we'll all look back at Turbo's fourth round post as the one that finished off Theo. Your "seventy-times-seven illustration" was a brillant way to expose the fallacy in Theo's main argument.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
i loved turbos closing remark. i hope it bears fruit.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
theo_victis said:
LOL! you gotta be kidding...
he's not ...

how often should we forgive the damned .. like abortionists? 7 times?

ApologeticJedi

I had said to Turbo: "Your 'seventy-times-seven illustration' was a brillant way to expose the fallacy in Theo's main argument."

Theo interrupted with: "LOL! you gotta be kidding..."

One of the bad things about a debate in this setting is that it pits people against each other in such a way that it makes it harder for them to admit when one side makes a good point. The challenge of "winning the debate" manipulates some to build up their own shell and refuse to admit when anyone on the opposite side make a good point. It okay to want to "win the debate", but there is actually something much more important than a debate - and that is learning the truth about God and the Bible.

Theo, you are, of course, of a biased opinion. You are the opponent in the debate. One wouldn't naturally expect you to admit that your opponent made a good point. You are not the most objective person on whether or not Turbo made a good argument.

Sadly though, I had held out hope for you. I had hoped that you might be more interested in truth than whether you win or lose this debate. In that regard your comment has left me disappointed in you.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ApologeticJedi said:
One of the bad things about a debate in this setting is that it pits people against each other in such a way that it makes it harder for them to admit when one side makes a good point. The challenge of "winning the debate" manipulates some to build up their own shell and refuse to admit when anyone on the opposite side make a good point. It okay to want to "win the debate", but there is actually something much more important than a debate - and that is learning the truth about God and the Bible.

Theo, you are, of course, of a biased opinion. You are the opponent in the debate. One wouldn't naturally expect you to admit that your opponent made a good point. You are not the most objective person on whether or not Turbo made a good argument.

Sadly though, I had held out hope for you. I had hoped that you might be more interested in truth than whether you win or lose this debate. In that regard your comment has left me disappointed in you.
My sentiments exactly. He's unwilling to concede even the most minor points in the face of undeniable evidence.

Remember the Google incident from a few days ago?

Chileice

ApologeticJedi said:

This quote is quite telling. Are YOU willing to learn from Theo? Has Turbo conceded any points to him? What should make you assume that you have nothing to learn from him and he has everything to learn from Turbo? Is it possible that we can all learn from one another, or is that not an option?

novice

Who is the stooge now?
theo_victis said:
I have told you a million times to stop saying that I have more than one user name. Quit being a baby.
Dude, YOU gave me bap rep (as Theo) and I therefore said "Thanks for the bad rep Theo".

What does any of that have to do with your other usernames? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.