Attention Liberals

ClimateSanity

I understand many of you refuse the label. I'm talking to people who would never call themselves conservative, who are called liberals by self proclaimed conservatives. I have a few questions for you.

Do you consider yourself as more innately intelligent than most conservatives you meet? Do you consider yourself more moral? More compassionate?

Do you think America would be better off without conservatives? Having them around for entertainment value or to keep your mind sharp doesn't count.

Tyrathca

I understand many of you refuse the label. I'm talking to people who would never call themselves conservative, who are called liberals by self proclaimed conservatives. I have a few questions for you.
You say this like the world is actually divided into two groups, conservatives and liberals. Your lumping a lot of very different groups together under each label.
Do you consider yourself as more innately intelligent than most conservatives you meet?
I consider myself smarter than most people I meet in general so my answer would be a bit biased.
Do you consider yourself more moral? More compassionate?
No to both.
Do you think America would be better off without conservatives?
Depends what replaced them. Depends on which areas of policy (social vs economic vs foreign affairs etc). It would not necessarily be good since it could just mean moderates have to oppose left wing extremists alone.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

eider

Me? Liberal?
Yep. Liberal means as much human freedom, choice, rights, equalities as possible. Liberal..... yep.

Do you consider yourself as more innately intelligent than most conservatives you meet?
Nope.
My first duty as a liberal is to make sure that everybody, regardless of IQ, has the chance of a rewarding and happy life, and taking part in community choices.
Some (so-called) intellectuals believe that only intellectuals should be allowed the vote..... sadly, some of these buffoons are liberals.

Do you consider yourself more moral?
Me? Self-righteous? No. Show me a self-righteous person, left, centre or right, and I can probably find a hypocrit.

More compassionate?
Nope! Our Right wing Conservative Prime Minister personally pushed Gay Marriage forward in Great Britain.
At the same time he reduced benefits to disablred, and increased the cost of Council housing. Conservatives can be very compassionate and yet alarmingly careless in iother ways.

Do you think America would be better off without conservatives?
No! We need a wide spectrum of ideas, policies and values to choose from/vote for.
If you try to kill off any one mindset then you end up with hell-on-earth, rather like Stalinism, or Pol-Pot, or.... you get the idea. We need balance, but the US idea of LEFT-RIGHT is a bit simple headed, imo.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No. Probably because I don't watch talk shows in general, let alone US ones.

Some of them are interesting ... such as "Hardball", "Morning Joe" ... and my favorite (which I have set on my DVR), "Real Time with Bill Maher". He's hilarious.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I'm 75% conservative, 25% liberal.

I pretty much go by the 51/49 notion- if you are 51% conservative, then you are 'conservative', and the same for liberal.

I don't agree with polarization, but I don't agree with a complete depolarization either. 'Conservative' and 'liberal' are abstracts, not political parties.

ClimateSanity

I don't know who that is...

Your from Australia . I don't know what media you are exposed to. If I did, and I knew your Reactions to various media personalities, I would be able to know which type you are.

ClimateSanity

You say this like the world is actually divided into two groups, conservatives and liberals. Your lumping a lot of very different groups together under each label.
I consider myself smarter than most people I meet in general so my answer would be a bit biased.
No to both.
Depends what replaced them. Depends on which areas of policy (social vs economic vs foreign affairs etc). It would not necessarily be good since it could just mean moderates have to oppose left wing extremists alone.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

You may not be able to box all the people of the world into two groups but you can fit most Americans into two groups who widely diverge quite intensely on a number of issues. I've heard a bit about Australia politically and heard about Abbott. Based on your postings here I take it you probably have nothing good to say about the man.

ClimateSanity

I'm 75% conservative, 25% liberal.

I pretty much go by the 51/49 notion- if you are 51% conservative, then you are 'conservative', and the same for liberal.

I don't agree with polarization, but I don't agree with a complete depolarization either. 'Conservative' and 'liberal' are abstracts, not political parties.

Some people are a mixture. A person can have liberal values but still not fit in the progressive box. A liberal usually despises everything that comes out of a conservatives mouth.

ClimateSanity

I don't know who that is...

Your news media outlets don't reserve time for people who comment on the news and not merely report it? That's people like Sean hannity and Rachel Maddow from fox news and MSNBC respectively. Bill Maher has his own show and talks all issues of the day with a heavy political tone. His genre is one of growing popularity with the likes of the daily show etc.

This genre includes shows like the Jon Stewart show, the Colbert report, Last week tonight with John Oliver, The nightly show with Larry Wildlife, and full frontal with Samantha Bee.

The one common theme of all these shows is that they exclusively (95%) take shots at conservatives and most often in an unfair fashion.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
CoJQOqCVIAQRK0q.jpg

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rusha gets HBO -

As of two nights ago, I do. I have been getting quite a few premium channels for free by being a huge pain to customer service. Example, two weeks ago I was given Cinemax free for a year. I have HBO and STARZ both for $15.00 a month for six months. What my provider doesn't understand is that as of February 2017, I will be terminating my service with them anyways. :D

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
As of two nights ago, I do. I have been getting quite a few premium channels for free by being a huge pain to customer service. Example, two weeks ago I was given Cinemax free for a year. I have HBO and STARZ both for $15.00 a month for six months. What my provider doesn't understand is that as of February 2017, I will be terminating my service with them anyways. :D
:chuckle:

I have an older cousin in Texas and he switches providers every six months or so to get the best deals -

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:chuckle:

I have an older cousin in Texas and he switches providers every six months or so to get the best deals -

Eh, I *want* Direct TV, but due to a couple of large trees, my access is blocked. DISH refuses to supply a channel I have requested and have recently removed another one that I previously had access to. They are so going to miss having me as a customer. :)