Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

azrael777

I got neg repped sometime but cant figure out who. Dont they have to leave a comment? I mean I really got hit hard, I went down about 80 percent I think but its not showing on my user cp. Is it part of the vast leftwing conspiracy?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I got neg repped sometime but cant figure out who. Dont they have to leave a comment? I mean I really got hit hard, I went down about 80 percent I think but its not showing on my user cp. Is it part of the vast leftwing conspiracy?
Your rep didn't do down. Instead we adjusted the rep-meter because it was out of control.

CRMRC

Knight,

I made a thread for this and forgot about this specific thread! Can we have a libertarian option for the political affiliation? I don't think libertarians fit in with either left or right on the spectrum, nor am I moderate enough to select one of the middle options. I am sure there are others who feel the same way, but maybe I am wrong.

Best,
Colin

MindOverMatter

Ya know it's really frustrating sometimes when you ask people seemingly simple questions and you get no response or some long drawn out response that isn't much more than pure obfuscation.

I always try to answer questions asked of me with simple direct answers.

After all... can't you answer the question directly and then go on to provide further explanation if you feel the answer warrants it? Shouldn't a sound world-view and theology be afraid of no question?

Therefore I give you....

ASK KNIGHT! :knight:

Ask me anyhting you want and I promise to give you a short direct answer.

No *topic is "off limits". The openess of God, dispensationalism, conservativism, hockey, whatever!!!

Ask away.... and get the answers you are seeking. :D

*topics that are are inappropriate for TOL are inappropriate for "Ask Knight" as well.

P.S. I will do my best to answer your question in a timely manner. :)

Now MOM knows that this is your forum and you are running the show Mr. Knight but MOM has a couple of questions for you. And please don’t get upset and give MOM another infraction and press the ban button for me asking these questions. Just finished serving a ban for “being unnecessarily disruptive” and MOM was just wondering a couple of things:

How does a person get banned from a debate forum for asking people to actually debate?

Being that this is a debate forum, how is MOM asking others to present a coherent and cogent argument unnecessarily disruptive?

How is the asking of others to present a coherent and cogent argument more disruptive than people posting visually shocking pictures of aborted fetuses?

Now, being that this is a debate forum you would think that MOM’s request actually enhances the board instead of disrupts it. Mind you that when MOM asked her question that she did not curse and did not call anyone any names. In fact, here is the exact quote:

And while you all are at it, can you please get some coherent and cogent arguments to go along with those little pictures.

Now another question:
If this little innocuous quote is seen as being unnecessarily disruptive and therefore a legitimate reason for giving someone an infraction and banning them from a debate board, then why do you even bother to post rules? Because from what it appears like none of those rules came into play for this ban. And so, if that is the case then this ban was totally arbitrary. And if the bans on this board are totally arbitrary then we don’t need the rules that have been posted. Instead, we should have one sign that tells people about what they should expect:

Banning is totally arbitrary and therefore is not based on or determined by the intrinsic nature of an argument. Instead, it is solely based on or determined by the individual preferences or conveniences of Mr. Knight and the rest of the moderators at TOL.

So, in the end that ban not only appears arbitrary but it makes it appear as if this debate forum really doesn’t care about real intellectual debate. And it that is the case, then post a message and let it be known to the visitors who visit the board

And finally to take a little quote from Abraham: Shall not the Judge of all TOL do right?

nanonator

I have a question about closed threads. I am curious why a specific thread got closed in the religion section - I was posting in it, so I hope it wasn't something I said :eek:

thanx, nanonator :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi Knight,

All my subscriptions disappeared? Is this systemic, intentional, or just bad luck?

thanx,

Dave Milelr
All of your notification emails were bouncing back to me.

Your email address on file must be wrong or not functioning properly.

I deleted your subscriptions along with several other people who had the same issue. All of the bouncing emails were effecting the server performance.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight
When searching "all posts" by a particular individual, is there a way to search beyond the 500 most recent posts?

Lucky

Hall of Fame
You can try doing an Advanced Search, putting information in both the username and the keyword fields. That works if you remember the topic and can guess a word that was in the post you're looking for.

If you're not looking for a particular post, you could also do an Advanced Search by username and pick a forum. That will give you more results per forum.

Oh, and change it to show results as posts.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, but I have posted in them.

Edit: After I made this post I somehow became subscribed to the thread! :idunno:
Go to your usercp.

Click "Edit Options"

Change your "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to "Do not Subscribe".

Click "Save Changes"

Taz1985

Eric,
This is Chris, Sandra's boyfriend. I just registered on here and i was wondering if you can give me Becky's username so that i may leave her a message. Thank you.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
Go to your usercp.

Click "Edit Options"

Change your "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to "Do not Subscribe".

Click "Save Changes"

Funny thing is, that was already set to "Do not subscribe." It's still subscribing me to threads, but it's but not a big deal, so don't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.