Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Army of One said:
Who came up with the current TOL tagline (Truthsmacking our way through fields of idiots.)? It's hilarious! :rotfl:
After reviewing TOL the Federal Trade Commission demanded that we use it.

We are mandated by the Federal Government to correctly advertise what we do on our website.

fool

Hall of Fame
The fool shows on BEL have gone to the archive and now when you click of Jefferson's link in the BEL forum you get a page not found page.
Is there any way we can edit that link to take the folks to the show in the archive?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
preterists

preterists

Can I start a threade asking if there are any preterists and if they want to discuss their beliefs? I am curious.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
CabinetMaker said:
Can I start a threade asking if there are any preterists and if they want to discuss their beliefs? I am curious.

I have a question, Knight.

Do you think CabinetMaker is innocently asking this question and simply being earnest about whether this can be done or does he possibly have some other motive behind it?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Poly said:
I have a question, Knight.

Do you think CabinetMaker is innocently asking this question and simply being earnest about whether this can be done or does he possibly have some other motive behind it?

I am not a preterist. The 70 weeks of Daniel still has one week open and the book of Revelations has not yet happened. I am just curious how people can belive that it has. If it has, what happened to the 1000 years of Jesus's rule on earth? If Revelations was completed around AD70, what age are we living in now?

It makes no sense to me and I'm curious how people defend it. Thats all.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
CabinetMaker said:
It makes no sense to me and I'm curious how people defend it. Thats all.

That's all? Really? Hmmmm......Guess it's just me then.

It just seemed like a very strange question for somebody to ask considering that sincere and straightforward discussions of any theological subject has always been allowed.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Poly said:
That's all? Really? Hmmmm......Guess it's just me then.

It just seemed like a very strange question for somebody to ask considering that sincere and straightforward discussions of any theological subject has always been allowed.
Knight closed several threads started and/or driven by universalists. In closing one he warned the nut-job universalists that he would run them off the same way the nut-job preterists were run off.

Compared to some of the other christian fourms, one of my favorite things about TOL is the openess with which other points of view are met. In general, a non-christian view point will not get yu banned just because it is non-christian.

So I go curious. What was it that got the preterists "run off". Also, since Knight was less than amused with their antics I thought it advisable to test the waters before jumping in with both feet.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
fool said:
The fool shows on BEL have gone to the archive and now when you click of Jefferson's link in the BEL forum you get a page not found page.
Is there any way we can edit that link to take the folks to the show in the archive?
I don't run Bob's website.

Call Bob.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
Knight closed several threads started and/or driven by universalists. In closing one he warned the nut-job universalists that he would run them off the same way the nut-job preterists were run off.

Compared to some of the other christian fourms, one of my favorite things about TOL is the openess with which other points of view are met. In general, a non-christian view point will not get yu banned just because it is non-christian.

So I go curious. What was it that got the preterists "run off". Also, since Knight was less than amused with their antics I thought it advisable to test the waters before jumping in with both feet.
I am not sure if there are any around anymore they started their own pseudo TOL forum and they all hang out there.

Although, yes... you are free to ask any question you like. The only thing I don't want is 20 thread about the same thing when there could be just one. Unless of course its a topic that I am interested in. :)

Jackson

Hey Knight, first of all I don't think I have ever told you that TOL is a great site. :thumb:

Second are the groups on TOL set up by you or can we start our own groups. I would like to start a youth workers group. Can we do that or can I do it and if yes how do I do it?

Thanks,
Jackson

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jackson said:
Hey Knight, first of all I don't think I have ever told you that TOL is a great site. :thumb:
Thank you!

Second are the groups on TOL set up by you or can we start our own groups. I would like to start a youth workers group. Can we do that or can I do it and if yes how do I do it?

Thanks,
Jackson
Groups are hard to manage.

They take a good deal of time to set up and they almost always end up not getting used and therefore waste my time. :)

Sorry, but its true. :D

Jackson

Knight said:
Thank you!

Groups are hard to manage.

They take a good deal of time to set up and they almost always end up not getting used and therefore waste my time. :)

Sorry, but its true. :D
Groovy I guess I could use a buddy list. Is that a problem?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Berean said:
Ok, Knight, what's the greatest SciFi television show ever? :think:
When I was a kid I loved Space 1999. I had some cool action figures and a giant Space 1999 spaceship. :up:

I always thought Star Trek was dumb. Although later in life I enjoyed watching reruns with my mom after school.

Battlestar Gallactica (the original) was pretty cool.

I must admit I am not a huge SciFi fan.

Now, if we can trow in The Twilight Zone I can get into that!

Status
Not open for further replies.