Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Berean

Knight,

Here's a universal mystery type question for you. Can you explain how Adam Sandler can make a living as a comedic actor. :confused: The man has no talent whatsoever and is completely unfunny.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Berean said:
Knight,

Here's a universal mystery type question for you. Can you explain how Adam Sandler can make a living as a comedic actor. :confused: The man has no talent whatsoever and is completely unfunny.
Adam hasn't made a good movie since Happy Gilmore.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
seekinganswers said:
Clearly I was not the one who offended others seeing how I am still given the privilege to post on TOL, but I'm curious as to what happened. Please, will someone respond.
I don't know. I was out of town.

Maybe you can ask some of the other mod's or admin's.

seekinganswers

Knight,

Is Turbo simply allowed to delete a thread that he thinks is gross without a standard to evaluate the "gross-factor" and without warning the people engaged in dialogue on the thread before he deletes it (I mean I was in mid-post when the thread disappeared)? As I have pointed out before, Clete's thread on homosexuality in the Religion section is far more explicit than was mine, and more than I would have ever allowed it to become.

Peace,
Michael

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
seekinganswers said:
Knight,

Is Turbo simply allowed to delete a thread that he thinks is gross without a standard to evaluate the "gross-factor" and without warning the people engaged in dialogue on the thread before he deletes it?
Answer: Yes.

Redfin

Knight, why is it that before I vote on a poll, I can "view poll results" and see who voted on each option, but after I vote, I can only see the results without the names? :confused:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
seekinganswers said:
Is this not a form of unhealthy censorship? Shouldn't there be a set of standards for evaluating a post that don't boil down to the whim of a single moderator?
No.

And just to be clear.....

Turbo is an ADMIN.
Turbo and Poly are admin's just like me. They have equal power and authority. Although I would have also stood behind any moderator who made a similar decision.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Redfin said:
Knight, why is it that before I vote on a poll, I can "view poll results" and see who voted on each option, but after I vote, I can only see the results without the names? :confused:
Click on one of the numbers indicating how many people voted for an option to see who voted for each option.

(Of course, this only works on "open" polls. Some polls don't allow you to see who voted, whether you've voted yet or not. It's up to the person creating the poll to decide which type it will be.)

Mr. 5020

On the Active Threads page, the left column is labelled as Title, Username, & Date, yet there is no date in that column. Were you aware of this? :think:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
On the Active Threads page, the left column is labelled as Title, Username, & Date, yet there is no date in that column. Were you aware of this? :think:
I can turn the date on or off... check it now.

Do you like it better with the date on or off?

Status
Not open for further replies.