Are there Saints In Heaven? Poll Question

Are there Saints In Heaven? Poll Question

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rosenritter

Saints rose after Jesus' resurrection - you can't argue with that -
Nor am I. But you seem to be disputing Revelations definition of the first resurrection. That happens when Christ returns.

Paul also says that no one is changed to immortality before the second coming, 1 Corinthians 15. Regardless of popular vote before entering the forum those passages remain.

Rosenritter

Were those saints resurrected in an incorruptible body with immortality?

1 Corinthians 15:22-23: "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming."

Was Jesus Christ the firstborn of the dead?

Colossians 1:18: "And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead..."

Was Jesus Christ the firstborn of the dead? Paul said yes.
Good point. Those saints or Lazarus or the Roman daughter are not firstborn from the dead.

Rosenritter

I think there may be exceptions of people being with the Lord before the appointed time. Like elijah going into the flaming chariot into heaven. He basically went into the afterlife instead of dying and waiting to be resurrected.
No man has ascended to heaven, Jesus said. The heaven Jesus talks about must not be the same as where Elijah flew. Birds also fly in the heavens...

Timotheos

Do you believe there are saints in heaven? All of them? Some of them? What about prophets in heaven?

Matthew 27:52-53 KJV -
Hi Patrick,

I believe that the saints will receive eternal life when Jesus Christ returns. I think that until then they are not yet alive. Those resurrected in Matthew 27 were returned to life, but not the eternal life that we will receive when Christ returns.
(This is just my opinion, but I think it aligns with scripture.)

Timotheos

I don't care about muslims

That's okay. It seemed like we were determining the truth by how many people believed something, whether or not they believed the truth. Are we NOT doing that now?

I think there are more Muslims than Catholics. By headcount, the Muslims are right.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That's okay. It seemed like we were determining the truth by how many people believed something, whether or not they believed the truth. Are we NOT doing that now?

I think there are more Muslims than Catholics. By headcount, the Muslims are right.
Quiet down, Timmy -

Rosenritter

Tyndale made the same reply to Sir Thomas More, when he attempted that same argument.

Rosenritter

Of course there are saints in heaven -
So you say this against Jesus and Peter and Paul and the Old Testament because ... ?

How come, when Paul was comforting the Thessalonians about their departed loved ones he didn't tell them that they were already in heaven? Why did he tell them to take heart because Jesus would resurrect them when he returned?

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 KJV
But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. [14] For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. [15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. [16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. [18] Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Too bad Paul didn't have a poll on Theology Online to set him straight. What was he thinking, comforting them with the promise of resurrection?

Last edited: