Are Glamour Models Immoral?

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

Right. So even our thoughts are counted. Can you imagine how offensive we appear when even our thoughts are exposed and count against us?

Who is "we"? Not being a smartie...my flesh still has a mind of its own, but Paul says it isn't "me" anymore. God doesn't count what my flesh thinks against me. He doesn't hold me responsible for my flesh being flesh. But that's no license to indulge what the flesh wants, either...had I the body for it, I cannot imagine becoming a male stripper and telling people I'm honoring God with it.

And yet we still try to maintain a superiority that we can blame more wrongs on others than ourselves.
Not sure who on this thread you think is blaming who for what. I'm just pointing out there's a whole lot of approval of sin, and of causing others to sin, that's going on in threads like this one, while personal responsibility before God is being disregarded. That's a dangerous mix.

For example: God cannot approve of stripping in light of Luke 17:1. He considers lust offensive. Stripping serves one purpose: to inspire lust in men (or male strippers, in women). It is a means of offense.

LoneStar

Who is "we"? Not being a smartie...my flesh still has a mind of its own, but Paul says it isn't "me" anymore. God doesn't count what my flesh thinks against me. He doesn't hold me responsible for my flesh being flesh. But that's no license to indulge what the flesh wants, either...had I the body for it, I cannot imagine becoming a male stripper and telling people I'm honoring God with it.

Not sure who on this thread you think is blaming who for what. I'm just pointing out there's a whole lot of approval of sin, and of causing others to sin, that's going on in threads like this one, while personal responsibility before God is being disregarded. That's a dangerous mix.

For example: God cannot approve of stripping in light of Luke 17:1. He considers lust offensive. Stripping serves one purpose: to inspire lust in men (or male strippers, in women). It is a means of offense.
Are lustful thoughts towards another person considered as being of the flesh?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Should people put themselves in situations where they know they will lust?

IF a glamour model (who are known for dressing immodestly) is something a person cannot handle looking at, easy to remedy. Don't buy the types of magazines or view the websites where they are on display.

Same thing with strippers. Don't go to stripclubs. Go elsewhere.

What's next? Blaming Little Debbie's and Pepsi for diabetes?

musterion

Should people put themselves in situations where they know they will lust?

Well that'll solve everything.

IF a glamour model (who are known for dressing immodestly) is something a person cannot handle looking at
Please don't be condescending. You don't need to operate on that level. And it isn't just men who have to see these things. Boys are forced see them too. And yeah, "forced" is the correct term. "Handling it" is beside the point.

easy to remedy. Don't buy the types of magazines or view the websites where they are on display.
Or go look at things in checkout counters, on magazine racks, on billboards, posters in malls, signs hanging in department stores, flyers in the mailbox, commercials, website popup ads, etc. You want the complete list?

Same thing with strippers. Don't go to stripclubs. Go elsewhere.
Stop it. You don't need to operate on that level. You recognize this problem to some degree, so you know this problem is much bigger than that.

glorydaz

No one deserves grace. It is a gift of God.
We don't earn it and have done nothing to deserve it.

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 3:7
Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

:thumb: Good thing we don't get what we deserve. :burnlib:

musterion

Some of the flesh and some of the spirit? How do you opt which falls into which category?

Sounds to me like you believe there's such a thing as God-approved, Spirit-derived sexual lust for others not one's spouse (which in that context [marriage] isn't lust) but you don't want to come out and say it so you keep asking questions.

LoneStar

Sounds to me like you believe there's such a thing as God-approved, Spirit-derived sexual lust for others not one's spouse (which in that context [marriage] isn't lust) but you don't want to come out and say it so you keep asking questions.
Why is it you can't (or don't want to) say which thoughts should be considered of the flesh and which thoughts are of the spirit?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stop it. You don't need to operate on that level. You recognize this problem to some degree, so you know this problem is much bigger than that.

The problem, as I see it insofar as this thread and others, is that there is a double standard.

IF you were to go on a web search for models, you would find pics that reveal as much cleavage, thighs and rears as one would see in other establishments and other materials.

This thread is about immorality which does seem to be in the eye of the beholder.

Of course it doesn't stop there. Sitcoms, dramas, movies. Regardless, it leads back to the same conclusion.

Everyone is responsible for their own actions. Alcoholics are not free of accountability because bars exist.

IF someone knows they are incapable of being in a certain setting or seeing certain material, they should abstain from putting themselves in those situations.

glorydaz

To be paid. It's the same with department store models etc. It's a job not an invitation to rape, like stripping.

I bet you'll be corrected for that one, little lap dog.

There is no such thing as an invitation to rape. That is the excuse all rapists use.

Yep, right on cue. :)

Obviously you didn't see her drag up old posts and threads about me, and AB and Rusha are not wicked and I'm not cozied up

I was pointing out your lies, PJ, and you were reaping what you had sown. For you may be sure your lies will find you out.

Unbelievers and false "brethren" alike are counted among the wicked. Your sticking up for the wicked and being unable to recognize immoral behavior is quite telling.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Exactly why you fail to manifest the love of Christ.

God doesn't owe me grace at all. You do son

musterion

The problem, as I see it insofar as this thread and others, is that there is a double standard.

IF you were to go on a web search for models, you would find pics that reveal as much cleavage, thighs and rears as one would see in other establishments and other materials.

This thread is about immorality which does seem to be in the eye of the beholder.

Of course it doesn't stop there. Sitcoms, dramas, movies. Regardless, it leads back to the same conclusion.

Everyone is responsible for their own actions. Alcoholics are not free of accountability because bars exist.

IF someone knows they are incapable of being in a certain setting or seeing certain material, they should abstain from putting themselves in those situations.

Except for the double standard part, which you did not explain, I agree with the above as accurate enough to agree with, as far as it goes.

What you, as a nonbeliever, leave out is the accountability factor. Accountability, on ALL sides, ultimately to God. Not just for one's actions but for the impact one's actions will have on others, who in turn are responsible for THEIR actions. NO ONE involved in these scenarios is morally off the hook, but that's what's been ignored or misrepresented in every one of these threads. THAT'S been the double standard here.

Immorality may be in the eye of the beholder to us, but ultimately it's in the eye of God. Some of us believe that; others don't. Some who say they believe it don't seem to believe it very strongly. But without FIRST agreeing on what exactly morality/ethics/modesty is, this kind of thread will always go nowhere fast.

Do you want to try herding the cats on that one -- see what people believe "morality" even is, and where we get it? Artie used the term first in this thread and I don't even know what he considers moral and immoral, but I'll bet it doesn't sync with my definitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.