ARCHIVE: Open Theism part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
elected4ever said:
If that is what you believe then there is no place of agreement for you and me. You don't even believe the Bible. How much less you would believe me. You are just another blind guide of the blind. Have it your way. You wish to believe the lie. Go for it. I am done with this conversation.
In what way do I not believe the Bible?

In what why did anything I said in my previous post conflict even with what you said that the Bible teaches? Where does the Bible teach that what is true of us spiritually in logical conflict with what is true of us in the flesh? Where does it teach that E4e? Where?

Resting in Him,
Clete

elected4ever

Clete said:
In what way do I not believe the Bible?

In what why did anything I said in my previous post conflict even with what you said that the Bible teaches? Where does the Bible teach that what is true of us spiritually in logical conflict with what is true of us in the flesh? Where does it teach that E4e? Where?

Resting in Him,
Clete
Over and over again you emphasize the reason of man as a substitute to the truth of God. If something seems unreasonable to you it must not be true. You therefore make God's truth subject to and conditional to the reason of man. You are contentious even to the simplest of truths. Let God be true, but every man a liar.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
lee_merrill said:
Hi Clete,

Your own separate reply here...

With this hermeneutic, you can prove anything! Just say “don’t be woodenly literal,” just take the whole of Scripture—which remarkably enough fits exactly with my theology—and thus this verse can’t mean what it seems to say … so just put the required meaning in there.
This is true of ANY hermeneutic if it is not used honestly but what I said what not a hermeneutical principle in the first place. It was a conclusion derived from a hermeneutical principle. Do you understand the difference?

This is really too much. Ignore the plain meaning? I claim the plain meaning of “The Lord took away” is that the Lord took away, “the trouble the Lord brought on Job” means the Lord brought trouble on him, so the Open Theists are the ones ignoring the plain meaning, to suit a pet doctrine.
No Lee, that isn't what is meant by "the plain meaning of the text". What you claim is the woodenly literal meaning of the text, there's a difference. That difference being that one takes the natural sense of what is being said and the other sticks so tightly to the dictionary definitions of each individual word that they can no longer breathe. When I refer to the plain meaning of the text I am talking about taking a passage to mean simply what it seems like the author is saying by a simple reading of the text. In actual fact the specific passage we are talking about is a passage where the plain meaning might be different things to different people depending on which set of theological classes they are wearing and indeed that is what causes you not to be an open theist and me not to be whatever it is you call yourself. The question then becomes who's theological classes are Biblically justified and who's are not.

No, it’s both quality and quantity.
Saying it doesn't make it so, Lee! And what's more, the Bible directly contradicts you.

This however is a false dichotomy, for all God’s attributes are both qualities and quantities, perfect holiness and righteousness and power, infinite in wisdom and love and understanding, forever faithful.
It is not a false dichotomy, Lee. The Bible itself makes the same distinction and comes right out and says that God's power is founded upon His righteousness. Did the author of the Psalms miss something or are you simply wrong?

You perhaps know somehow, my thoughts, my motives?
Of course I do! Your theology is not possible if one does not place (whether consciously or otherwise) God's quantitative attributes above His qualitative ones. There is simply no other way to come to the conclusions that you do.

No, for me God’s love is primary, I am in fact an authority on my own beliefs, and you do not somehow know them better than I do.
Words have meaning Lee. I know what you've said and I know what you claim to believe and you can pound the pulpit all you like but what I've said remains true. Even your definition of love is made in the context of placing God's power and control over and above His righteous character. In other words, your insistence that God's love is primary is a meaningless argument because it is not love which defines your theology but the other way around; your theology defines love. That's backwards, Lee!

“God is love” is the pinnacle of all the statements about God, and love is actually the pinnacle of God’s power, for “love never fails.”
But can't you see that this fits perfectly into how I started this conversation a couple of days ago? Remember when I said that our theology is determined by what we believe about who God is? It's clear to me that you are unaware of what you are doing but as I said in the first post, the debate over open vs. settled theism comes down to whether one places greater emphasis on God's quantities or on His qualities. You deny that there is even any real difference between the two which is proof by itself that you place too high a priority on His quantities because there very definitely is a difference; the Bible comes right out and says so.

Blessings,
Lee <- Why do you never bless me, if your emphasis is love, and mine is power? May I ask...
If you are in Christ you are already blessed with every spiritual blessing. (Eph. 1:3)
And God's quantitative attributes are your theological emphasis, not necessarily your life's emphasis. This silly little cheap shot of yours, however, does serve to demonstrate your propensity toward wooden literalism. :rolleyes:

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
elected4ever said:
Over and over again you emphasize the reason of man as a substitute to the truth of God.
Again, there is not such actual thing as "the reason of man" and if even if there is, it is not the sort of reason of which I speak. I am speaking about OBJECTIVE truth, not mere opinion or conjecture.

If something seems unreasonable to you it must not be true.
NO NO NO!!!!!!

I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT E4E!!!!!

If something is unreasonable or more accurately stated, if something is irrational then is must not be true. What makes sense to me is an all together different issue and has nothing to do with what is and is not actually true. If someone can establish by the objectives laws of logic that what I think I understand is in fact irrational then I am wrong. Reason (i.e. logic) is the only tool that God has given us by which we can know that our Biblical interpretations are true or in error. It is the only tool E4e because even someone as stuborn as you must admit that different people come to different conclusions about what the Bible teaches. How are we to know who is right and who is not if spiritual truths are not subject to the laws of reason? How E4e? I really do want you to answer that question. How do you know that Jim Jones, or Benny Hinn or some other heretic didn't get it right?

You therefore make God's truth subject to and conditional to the reason of man.
There is no such thing. Reason is reason. That which is not rational is not true - period.

You are contentious even to the simplest of truths.
Like what?

Let God be true, but every man a liar.
Amen!

John 1:1 In the beginning was Logic, and Logic was with God, and Logic was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

14 And Logic became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.​

Resting in Him,
Clete

elected4ever

Clete said:
John 1:1 In the beginning was Logic, and Logic was with God, and Logic was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

14 And Logic became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.​

Resting in Him,
Clete
I rest my case. You do not know the difference between human logic and the word. There is a difference whether you wont to believe it or not. and you don't.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
elected4ever said:
I rest my case. You do not know the difference between human logic and the word. There is a difference whether you wont to believe it or not. and you don't.
The difference is that one is real logic and the other is not. So called "human logic" is not really logic and all you would have to do to prove me wrong is to present a single Biblical teaching that is demonstrably irrational. But you cannot do it because the whole Christian worldview, as it claims as its object of worship the very personification of logic itself according to John 1, is itself the very foundation of reason.

Here's the bottom line, since you seem to no longer want to participate...

Your theology is irrational by your own admition.

Nothing else need be said.

Resting in Him,
Clete

elected4ever

Clete said:
The difference is that one is real logic and the other is not. So called "human logic" is not really logic and all you would have to do to prove me wrong is to present a single Biblical teaching that is demonstrably irrational. But you cannot do it because the whole Christian worldview, as it claims as its object of worship the very personification of logic itself according to John 1, is itself the very foundation of reason.

Here's the bottom line, since you seem to no longer want to participate...

Your theology is irrational by your own admition.

Nothing else need be said.

Resting in Him,
Clete
The truth is irrational to you. That is why you cling to your false logic. Your opinion on my participation means diddley squat. You are arrogant and self centered even to consider the truth irrational simply because you choose not to believe it. I just choose not to participate. You even end this conversation with a lie. No sense reasoning with a lier.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
elected4ever said:
The truth is irrational to you.
This is a contradiction. The truth cannot be irrational, by definition.

That is why you cling to your false logic.
What's false about it?

Your opinion on my participation means diddley squat.
I wasn't making any commentary concerning your participation. I simply summed things up in response to the fact that you don't seem to want to participate any longer. If you do want to then that's really great by me!

You are arrogant and self centered even to consider the truth irrational simply because you choose not to believe it.
You have it backward, I choose not to believe something if it is irrational, not the other way around. My opinions about what is and is not right have no bearing on whether or not something is rational. That's what makes it a valid tool to use in the determination of truth; it's objective.

I just choose not to participate. You even end this conversation with a lie. No sense reasoning with a lier.
Has it not been you position during this whole conversation that spiritual truths need not be rational? It very clearly has been your position. You are affirmatively stating that there are truths that do not conform to the three laws of rational thought. Your position, by your own admission, is therefore irrational by definition (in other words its not just my opinion).

Resting in Him,
Clete

godrulz

Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
The doctrine of two gospels is heresy Plan and simple. Paul taught grace through faith, Peter taught grace through faith, John taught grace through faith. Abraham taught grace through faith. Moses taught grace through faith. The doctrine of two gospels is but another example of the Open theist well reasoned lies passed on as truth.

Most Open Theists do not agree with MId-Acts dispensationalism. They are two different issues. This site and Enyart's 'The Plot" affirm Open Theism and Mid-Acts. Most published Open Theists would not affirm Mid-Acts nor is it germane to the essentials of OT.

I concur that the grounds of salvation has always been grace and God's provisions. The conditions have always been faith, not works or faith + works.

I agree that there are not 2 NT gospels. There are two covenants (OT/NT). The one NT gospel (after the resurrection of Christ) was taken by different ministries to different target audiences, but this does not make it two gospels. The transition period may lead to confusion, but MId-Acts is not obvious in Scripture. Acts 2 was the birth of the Church by the Spirit. The Gospel of Grace did not await Paul's conversion but was Christocentric and Spirit-given earlier than Paul.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
And also Jesus tought grace through faith too. There simply never been tought a differant gospel.

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
10 ¶For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Jesus preached the Kingdom and was technically under the Old Covenant as a Jew. He was initiating the New Covenant through His death and resurrection. Jew and Gentile became one in Christ as early as Acts 2, not Mid-Acts.

lee_merrill

Clete said:
This is true of ANY hermeneutic if it is not used honestly ...
But there is no way to use this hermeneutic properly, it is a bad hermeneutic to rewrite a plain text such as "The Lord took away" while saying "Let's not be wooden".

No Lee, that isn't what is meant by "the plain meaning of the text". What you claim is the woodenly literal meaning of the text, there's a difference.
What then is the meaning of "the Lord took away" and "the trouble the Lord brought on him" then, as described not by Clete, but by a published commentary? I don't want to have people making stuff up (you once claimed it was a figure of speech), and I think that is what is happening.

That difference being that one takes the natural sense of what is being said and the other sticks so tightly to the dictionary definitions of each individual word that they can no longer breathe.
The natural sense of "the Lord took away" (simpleton that I am) is that the Lord took away.

In actual fact the specific passage we are talking about is a passage where the plain meaning might be different things to different people depending on which set of theological classes they are wearing ...
This would be why I ask for your meaning from a published commentary, I don't think the meaning here is variable.

Lee: it’s both quality and quantity...

Clete: Saying it doesn't make it so, Lee! And what's more, the Bible directly contradicts you.
And saying it's not so doesn't make it not so. And where does the Bible speak of God's attributes as some quantitative, and some qualitative?

It is not a false dichotomy, Lee. The Bible itself makes the same distinction and comes right out and says that God's power is founded upon His righteousness.
Those would both be qualities, you know, for power is not a quantity, instead, it has a quantity associated with it.

Even your definition of love is made in the context of placing God's power and control over and above His righteous character.
What would my definition of love be, may I ask? Clete knows so much about me!

You deny that there is even any real difference between the two ...
I agree that "quality" is different than "quantity."

If you are in Christ you are already blessed with every spiritual blessing. (Eph. 1:3)...
No need to bless anyone, then?

If something is unreasonable or more accurately stated, if something is irrational then is must not be true.
Unless however, you are perfect in knowledge, you will have some incorrect views which you think reasonable (as we all do). So then we must not reject out of hand views which seem to us unreasonable on the face of it (remembering that God's ways are not our ways) for as it turns out, we might be the ones who are wrong.

Blessings!
Lee

Philetus

LEE,
From Patman, as he pointed out to me (thank you!) yet you made the same exact claim Patman did, so then you will get the same answer.

Not the answer I was hoping for, but it will do. Maybe if you took Clete’s suggestion and posted to one person at a time it might help.

Patman has some good stuff. I take no offence at being in the same camp as he.

One more chance ... where did I make the same claim as Patman?

you have 30 seconds.

Philetus

Philetus

Godrulz: Most Open Theists do not agree with MId-Acts dispensationalism. They are two different issues. This site and Enyart's 'The Plot" affirm Open Theism and Mid-Acts. Most published Open Theists would not affirm Mid-Acts nor is it germane to the essentials of OT.

I concur that the grounds of salvation has always been grace and God's provisions. The conditions have always been faith, not works or faith + works.

I agree that there are not 2 NT gospels. There are two covenants (OT/NT). The one NT gospel (after the resurrection of Christ) was taken by different ministries to different target audiences, but this does not make it two gospels. The transition period may lead to confusion, but MId-Acts is not obvious in Scripture. Acts 2 was the birth of the Church by the Spirit. The Gospel of Grace did not await Paul's conversion but was Christocentric and Spirit-given earlier than Paul.

Bob Hill: The reason for so much of the confusion among Christians lies with those who do not distinguish between these two gospels and, yet, attempt to indoctrinate the rest of Christendom.

Starting an argument with “There are two Gospels in the New Testament” might be like starting an argument with “God is not ALL-powerful.” Or “God can’t do everything” or “God is not responsible.”

However, I do think that much of the problem we face is that Christians fail to distinguish between the Old and the New Covenants and try to Christianize everything in the OT and impose OT principles/revelations on the New.

Gal 6: 12Those who want to make a good impression outwardly are trying to compel you to be circumcised. The only reason they do this is to avoid being persecuted for the cross of Christ. 13Not even those who are circumcised obey the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your flesh. 14May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation. 16Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule, even to the Israel of God.​

How in the world could being circumcised prevent one from being persecuted for the cross of Christ? The point is … in our situation it wouldn’t … it doesn’t. But, in the time of great transition from JEW ONLY to GENTILE ALSO it did. Jews were trying to be good Jews to avoid being persecuted by other ‘good Jews.” Then in order to prove them selves right they had to insist that gentiles be ‘good Jews’ as well. Thus avoiding the ‘cross only’ aspect of the Gospel.

I think that Peter and his circumcision cronies from Jerusalem were in the process of being changed … not the Gospel.

There were clearly two groups clamoring for superiority and/or clarity about what it means to be “in Christ”: the circumcision group and the un-circumcision group. I think that in the circumcision group we merely see that not all had been ‘100% converted’ even though they were save by grace through faith. Paul had to get in Peter’s face on this one.

In much the same way SVer are being compelled to forsake their old residual thinking. Their reaction is to prove themselves right by insisting that OVers be ‘good Christians’ by cutting out the "truth about God" that they (SVers) have denied so long. It is we who are being changed, all of us, not the truth about God. Are thy saved? Are any of us? Yes, by grace through faith we are saved, not by theologies or doctrine or dogmas lest any should boast! Are any of us 100% converted to the mind and ways of Christ? No, lest any should boast in the flesh. His grace and His grace alone is sufficient.

Philetus

Thanks Pastor Hill, your summery help me understand your position more clearly.

lee_merrill

Philetus said:
One more chance ... where did I make the same claim as Patman?
Right here is what I was responding to: "Here are countless Verses where Elihu tells Job that he is crazy and God both didn't and wouldn't do this..." but that was Patman saying this, so I think I got my wires crossed. Do you in fact agree that God does bring affliction even on innocent people at times?

Blessings,
Lee

P.S. Generally I find myself responding to four or five people at one time, so it's easier if I address the points in one post, for some of the replies overlap. Also, some forums (e.g. Theology Web) don't allow back-to-back posts.

elected4ever

Clete
Has it not been you position during this whole conversation that spiritual truths need not be rational? It very clearly has been your position. You are affirmatively stating that there are truths that do not conform to the three laws of rational thought. Your position, by your own admission, is therefore irrational by definition (in other words its not just my opinion).
Nothing could be further from the truth. I am telling you that the rationality of man is not the rationality of God. If what I think you are saying here is that the rationality of man is irrational in light of God's truth, then I can accept that. but you seem to make no distinction between the two.

To deny the rationality of man as a force in man's thought is irrational on its face. Man has no idea who God is. How do you explain man's reasoning outside of the rationality of God? You might say that man would be irrational and unreasonable, but would you still say that if you did not know God? You cannot expect man to reason with the rationality of God. Perhaps the verbiage we us means something different to each of us.

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
Muz,

Two things should motivate us to evangelize the lost. The fear of God should always be a motivation for us to evangelize and live for Him, but I prefer the love of Christ as a better motivator.

Since Peter was an important leader in the dispensation just prior to our Dispensation of Grace, he presented a holy life style as a condition for their redemption. God will judge them according to their works.

In contrast, we members of the Body of Christ are sealed until the day of redemption (Eph 4:30).

Although the power of God would keep them, they would still be kept through their faith. In contrast, we are sealed because of our faith (Eph 1:13), and God completes the work (Phi 1:6).

This is the reason 1 Peter 2:2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby unto salvation.

I was tempted to pass over this verse because the words, “unto salvation,” are not found in the Majority Text. However, they are in the Critical Text. Since many who read this may follow the Critical Text and its translations (NAS, NIV, NRSV), this will be just for you. This statement agrees so completely with the circumcision covenant principles that it seems like the correct reading. Just think, if they desire the pure milk of the word, they may grow by it unto salvation.

We have our salvation. Theirs is conditional. These kinds of conditional statements are made repeatedly in the circumcision writings.

The nation of Israel would be baptized to become a kingdom of priests. I believe John the Baptist baptized Israel in fulfillment of Exodus 19:5,6 and Isaiah 61:6. He baptized great crowds for the Lord from all the tribes, not just from the tribe of Levi, according to Matthew 3:5,6, “Then Jerusalem, all Judea, and all the region around the Jordan went out to him 6 and were baptized by him in the Jordan, confessing their sins.” Apparently John sprinkled them with water just as Moses confirmed the old covenant with Israel using blood (Ex 24:3-8). Remember, in Ezekiel 36 God had promised to sprinkle them with water to make them clean. Again, it appears that John was preparing them to be a kingdom of priests. In Acts 2:38, Peter was doing the same thing. Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

In Christ,
Bob Hill

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
The basis of Open Theism and Mid-Acts Dispensationalism lies in the background of the Covenant of Circumcision. There is a great contrast that most people are not willing to admit.

Priests were baptized (washed) at age thirty in preparation for their consecration (Num 4:2,3,23; 1 Chr 23:3; Ex 28:41-29:9). God promised to make Israel a royal priesthood (Ex 19:5,6, LXX) and a holy nation if they obeyed His voice and kept His covenant.

Those addressed in 1 Peter 2:5,6 are the ones who (at that time) are presently believing (present participle). God is making them the promised royal priesthood. When John came baptizing, he preached that his baptism was for the remission of sins (Mat 3:1-6; Lk 3:3,8). He was calling the whole nation back into covenant relationship with God. Like the prophets of old, he was calling them to repentance. His baptism concerned purification of sins based on covenant principles (Num 19:9-21; John 3:22-26). The purpose of his ministry was to bring knowledge of the Messiah and remission of sins to the people, Israel (Lk 1:76,77), in preparation for their priesthood.

1 Peter 2:6-8 Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, “Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, “Behold, I lay in Zion A chief cornerstone, elect, precious, And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.” 7 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient, “The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone,” 8 and “A stone of stumbling and a rock of offense.” They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.”

“Their disobedience is not ordained; the penalty of their disobedience is.” Bigg, ICC, St. Peter and St. Jude, p. 133. He wrote, “The antecedent to eis ho is the main verb peoskoptousi: this follows as a necessary consequence from the subordination of the participle. . . . The sense, therefore, is “they disobey, and for that reason stumble”; “because they disobey, God ordains that they shall stumble.”

Compare this with John 11:9, “Jesus answered, ‘Are there not twelve hours in the day? If anyone walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world.’” Also see 2 Peter 1:10: “Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble”. The natural result of their disobedience is their stumbling. Syntactically, the participle, “being disobedient”, is the reason for their stumbling.

In Christ,
Bob Hill

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
1 Pet 2:9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

I want to reiterate, this promise made in Exodus 19:5,6, was partially fulfilled here in the circumcision believers: Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine. 6 And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel.

It will be completely fulfilled when the kingdom is established.

Bob Hill

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
Next Peter wrote them: 1 Peter 2:11,12a Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles.

This is more evidence that Peter was addressing believing Israel. This whole section is the answer to the promise God made to Israel in Exodus 19:5,6. Also, God promised in Isaiah 61:1-6 to make the whole nation a nation of priests. This promise with its, “you shall be named the priests of the Lord,” was linked to His ministry by Christ in Luke 4:16-21: So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read. 17 And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written: 18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, 19 to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.” 20 Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him. 21 And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

Of course, the part in Isaiah which begins with “and the day of vengeance of our God,” and includes, “But you shall be named the priests of the Lord,” will be fulfilled when He returns.

Peter’s message from God was water baptism was essential for their salvation. 1 Peter 3:20b,21 the Divine long-suffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water. 21 There is also an antitype which now saves us – baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

When Peter wrote, “There is also an antitype which now saves us – baptism,” what did he mean? What was the type? Was it the ark? Verse 20 shows us that the ark and the flood of water were a type. Peter then wrote, “There is also an antitype which now saves us, namely baptism.”

Yes, he said, baptism “now saves us.” This baptism was necessary for salvation. It will be again when Peter’s epistles are directly applicable in the tribulation period.

In Christ,
Bob Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.