Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

bybee

Joseph was sold into slavery and never saw his father again. No evil came of it? How can you say that with a straight face? All those involved called it evil...that which they did unto him. But you say it was not evil? Not evil enough for you to call it evil? Very odd.

Gen. 50:15-17
And when Joseph's brethren saw that their father was dead, they said, Joseph will peradventure hate us, and will certainly requite us all the evil which we did unto him. And they sent a messenger unto Joseph, saying, Thy father did command before he died, saying, So shall ye say unto Joseph, Forgive, I pray thee now, the trespass of thy brethren, and their sin; for they did unto thee evil: and now, we pray thee, forgive the trespass of the servants of the God of thy father. And Joseph wept when they spake unto him.

Take your venom filled blinders off! He said "they meant to do evil".

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I'm not wrong about the stripper.

Said Job's friends.

you see what he's doing here, glory?

he can't admit that the stripper is wrong

he can't admit that the whore is wrong

(for some reason, he doesn't have any problem saying that the rapist is wrong)

and so he's forced to make his argument based on equating Job, the man who was perfect and upright, with whores and strippers :dizzy:

or if not equating, claiming that there's no way to differentiate

fascinating, isn't it?

apparently, in town's case, grace came with a hefty dose of stupid

town, who wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the butt:
town said:
But when you can't know the truth, telling what you think is the truth can be.

:nono:

ok doser

Apparently so. I used to think he could separate his lawyering from spiritual principles, but now I'm seeing that might be asking too much.

I have to say, Res, this rape topic of yours has brought some bugs out of the woodwork. :think:

no surprise to me :idunno:

he did the same thing with gay marriage

ok doser

Therefore I feel quite free to fire a few salvos over your bow.

maybe one of these days you'll figger out how it works :chuckle:

d3a3e6df889496e03717da1ac40b7afa.jpg

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Anyone who makes threads concerning rape to ultimately lead to an obsessive focus on women is a knobby knob knobster from knobbyville.

ok doser

What kind of scumbag would think someone deserves to be raped?

God

Spoiler
Isaiah 13The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see.

2 Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them, shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles.

3 I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for mine anger, even them that rejoice in my highness.

4 The noise of a multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the Lord of hosts mustereth the host of the battle.

5 They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the Lord, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.

6 Howl ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:

8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

9 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

14 And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land.

15 Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.

16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

17 Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

18 Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.

19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

20 It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.

21 But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.

22 And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

and i look forward to seeing you stand before the judgement throne and call Him a scumbag

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Poor little girly boys. Hurt their little feelings. And here I thought this was a forum for grown ups. :chuckle:

To be clear, you have never "hurt my feelings", you angered me and accused me falsely of many things. You couldn't hurt my feelings with a shotgun. I see you doing the same things to others, so now I know it's you with the problems; emotional, mental and spiritual. Have a good one !

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Joseph was sold into slavery and never saw his father again.
What do you mean he never saw his father again? At the end of the story, as I remember it, he was reunited in love with his brothers and sends wagons back to them so that he can see the rest of his family, including his father who is very much alive. But it's been a while. I may have forgotten the part where his father dies before he can see him. What verse is that in?

Anyway, here's the thing, God never commanded or moved his brothers to do anything against Joseph. Rather, He brought good for Joseph and Joseph's family out of the actions of those brothers.

Just so, an evil may befall you and God may overcome that in your life. It doesn't follow that a) Joseph was being punished by God through his brothers or b) that God desired Joseph suffer any evil.

No evil came of it?
No, Joseph prospered and his family ultimately lived because of Joseph's prosperity. It's a bit like the story of Job.

How can you say that with a straight face? All those involved called it evil...that which they did unto him. But you say it was not evil? Not evil enough for you to call it evil? Very odd.
And all of Job's friends called what happened to Job punishment. But it wasn't punishment, was it?

Anyway, did God send Joseph's brothers to throw him in a pit or did he overcome their intent and work a good through it?

bybee

What do you mean he never saw his father again? At the end of the story, as I remember it, he was reunited in love with his brothers and sends wagons back to them so that he can see the rest of his family, including his father who is very much alive. But it's been a while. I may have forgotten the part where his father dies before he can see him. What verse is that in?

Anyway, here's the thing, God never commanded or moved his brothers to do anything against Joseph. Rather, He brought good for Joseph and Joseph's family out of the actions of those brothers.

Just so, an evil may befall you and God may overcome that in your life. It doesn't follow that a) Joseph was being punished by God through his brothers or b) that God desired Joseph suffer any evil.

No, Joseph prospered and his family ultimately lived because of Joseph's prosperity. It's a bit like the story of Job.

And all of Job's friends called what happened to Job punishment. But it wasn't punishment, was it?

Anyway, did God send Joseph's brothers to throw him in a pit or did he overcome their intent and work a good through it?

It would appear that her world view only encompasses evil and punishment? Very sad.

ok doser

... no one who is raped bears any responsibility for the violative act of the actual offender.

Not once has anyone said the "one who is raped bears any responsibility for the violative act". Why do you keep making claims that have not been presented by anyone? Because you think it helps your case?

i'll tell you in a minute...

You forge the association. Because if she's being raped as punishment for her immoral act then the responsibility is established prima facie. There's literally no other rational posit.

Just look at the length of this post. :doh:

Did I get your goat or what? ;)

as i said the other day, this is one of his tells

when his argument is on shaky ground, when he's arguing from a position of weakness, when he's presented with arguments he can't address (like Isaiah), his parsing gets finer and his language becomes more opaque

very predictable

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The motives you ascribe to me are so out of touch with reality, that I'm literally amazed.
You make up so much you'll have to quote the motive part so I can distinguish it from the general fiction you have a tendency to create in your own mind, like the humanist bit.

I've never reported anyone for long posts.
See what I mean? You're answering a point no one actually made about you.

But, I have mentioned to you that your posts are way too long. Way too long. It's pointless for me to even try to answer them.
I agree that your answers are mostly pointless. But before it was just that you could read a sentence and know you were wasting your time or something like that...and the ol blah-blah bit, which was, as repartee goes, stunning.

I'm not conflicted in the least about "the lack of results"....especially on this topic. Once someone donkeys down, they have too much invested to ever admit there is another side, much less that they might see the point.
Unlike changeable you? :eek: Why if I had a nickel for any difference between what you wrote there and your own conduct...I'd need a nickel. Anyway, you missed the point of the conflicted remark. It was an inferential joke about an action without a consequence. I did it again in speaking to your technical rules violation.

Your knee jerks every time I use the loser emo....and it doesn't matter that I have used it for years now.
Look, I'll be the first to agree that my opinion of you prior was likely the result of not knowing your habits as well as I should. Maybe if I'd paid closer attention to how you treated others instead of relying on my experience with you I'd have had a different understanding.

You simply refuse to believe that. You REFUSE to believe it. That's on you, Town. I'm actually embarrassed for you.
It's that enormous empathy of yours, I suppose.

You're so darn mad I can hear your teeth grinding from here.
I already noted your creativity in internal (and externalized) narrative.

That I dared to say that God allows all kinds of evil things done by all kinds of evil people to come upon believers and unbelievers alike for His own purposes.
You dare say all sorts of things.
You actually think that's debatable and insist you've won that debate.
It's self-apparently debatable. Where did I say I'd won the debate? I've noted what I think of the contrary position and the nature of it, problems with it. That's what's done in debate.

You've won nothing....except the stinker award.
That's nice. Or empathetic...some sort of pathetic anyway.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Only because I'm slumming over here in the REST. I'm not surprised in the least that you folks can't see that there are consequences in this life for our bad behavior.

The idea that suffering is used by God is a mystery to you folks, and the last thing you want to hear is that you will have consequences for your bad behavior ...that you don't get off scot free when you mess up. You cheat on your wife, and you'll suffer right here in this life.

So, go ahead and whine about how God isn't fair and how He lets you down, and how you simply can't believe that God has anything to do with suffering. If you can't even accept the simple fact that each of us is responsible for our own behavior, then there is no hope that you will listen to common sense. It's why I say there is no room in the liberal mind for common sense. So far you guys keep proving me right. :e4e:

I haven't see anybody say God isn't fair and lets people down. GD against the world !

Status
Not open for further replies.