Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Its why criminals pay him big bucks to represent them.
I spent most of my career as a poverty lawyer working for people who couldn't afford me otherwise. I did work for a money firm early on and I have handled a variety of criminal cases, but we were largely a civil concern and I had the luxury of never being told I had to take a case I didn't believe in. I left a partnership offer to do work that I thought was more important.

I think speculating on the disposition of a person's soul and relationship with Christ is above our paygrade, absent a rejection of the cross. So if someone embraces Christ as their lord and savior they're family, even if I think they do a horrible job of manifesting it...because, really, one way or the other we all mangle it now and again. So thank God for grace.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm sure glad I went back to what I'd missed, else I'd have missed this little gem. Town would never question my faith, but he has no qualms accusing me of being "dishonest". (That's polite talk for LIAR) ;)
No, I said you made a dishonest comment. That's distinguishing between the habitual and a poor decision. Or maybe I was just being optimistic.

No, I had to look at it several times before I realized what you had done.
That's encouraging. Who knows what you'll realize if you spend more time considering a thing.

I hadn't remembered bringing rocketman into this discussion, and because of your MISTAKE, it was misleading.
Only to people with a reading comprehension problem...I'm kidding, you got it. But I didn't add to your words or attempt to mislead anyone. The nature of the mistake makes that plain enough.

And I didn't realize the mistake until you went on about it. If I had I'd have corrected it. The last thing I'd ever want is for anyone to attribute your writing to me. :eek:

It wasn't until I noticed the misspelled "quote" that I figured it out.
That's called reading. Does that mean before you mostly skipped that and went right into whatever you wanted to say next? That would explain a few things.

But, typical for you, you denied all of it....not even admitting you made a mistake but preferring to accuse me of making a "dishonest complaint".
See, that's actually dishonest, since I did nothing of the sort. I didn't know you were referencing a mistake I didn't realize I'd made until you finally said exactly what you meant by the early remark. Who has a problem admitting to mistakes? I went further and noted additional things I do now and then, like you're/your. That sort of thing.

Your complaint was dishonest. You tried to play an honest error I wasn't aware of as some attempt to add to or manipulate your writing. There was no reason for you to do that seeing the error plainly enough. So...nuts to you, I guess.

It was "added" onto my comment which made it look like I said it. You won't even fess up to that. :nono:
It wasn't added to your comment. The attempt at close quote was there for anyone to read and understand. You did. I bet anyone who bothered to read it did too.

My bringing up your error was a "dishonest complaint"
No, what you said about the error was and is dishonest, a willful mischaracterization.

and your error was just a "typo" and the fault of the "quotation machinery".
Try literally quoting me. It wasn't the fault of any machinery. I spell out the initial close quote. I made an errant keystroke. The wraps thereafter worked fine. Sometimes I muck up the last quote for the same reason I routinely muck up the first one. The "t" gets out of place. Ususally in the beginning and I usually run a preview and catch it. I think the volume of back and forth changed the habit. Such is life.

This sums up Town Heritic's tactics quite well. :thumb:
It does, if not the way you meant it to, doofi. Now, you got what you clearly wanted by passing notes in my CP. And that's more than it warranted, but it's close to Christmas. :D

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
town beats his chest and roars:
No, I said you made a dishonest comment. That's distinguishing between the habitual and a poor decision. Or maybe I was just being optimistic.

That's encouraging. Who knows what you'll realize if you spend more time considering a thing.

Only to people with a reading comprehension problem...I'm kidding, you got it. But I didn't add to your words or attempt to mislead anyone. The nature of the mistake makes that plain enough.

And I didn't realize the mistake until you went on about it. If I had I'd have corrected it. The last thing I'd ever want is for anyone to attribute your writing to me. :eek:

That's called reading. Does that mean before you mostly skipped that and went right into whatever you wanted to say next? That would explain a few things.

See, that's actually dishonest, since I did nothing of the sort. I didn't know you were referencing a mistake I didn't realize I'd made until you finally said exactly what you meant by the early remark. Who has a problem admitting to mistakes? I went further and noted additional things I do now and then, like you're/your. That sort of thing.

Your complaint was dishonest. You tried to play an honest error I wasn't aware of as some attempt to add to or manipulate your writing. There was no reason for you to do that seeing the error plainly enough. So...nuts to you, I guess.

It wasn't added to your comment. The attempt at close quote was there for anyone to read and understand. You did. I bet anyone who bothered to read it did too.

No, what you said about the error was and is dishonest, a willful mischaracterization.

Try literally quoting me. It wasn't the fault of any machinery. I spell out the initial close quote. I made an errant keystroke. The wraps thereafter worked fine. Sometimes I muck up the last quote for the same reason I routinely muck up the first one. The "t" gets out of place. Ususally in the beginning and I usually run a preview and catch it. I think the volume of back and forth changed the habit. Such is life.

It does, if not the way you meant it to, doofi. Now, you got what you clearly wanted by passing notes in my CP. And that's more than it warranted, but it's close to Christmas. :D

what a tiresome, self-impressed pile of mess you are :nono:

if you had anything of Christ in you, you'd stop this crap and spend the rest of the week in prayer

1PeaceMaker

That does seem to be the case ... :think:

He shouldn't have claimed to have been raped without being willing to admit that the encounters met the actual full DOJ definition.

It's not a trivial fact that one must be penetrated to legally have been raped. The one in the passive or reception position for penetration (under the influence or otherwise) is the one at risk of being violated in the sense of rape.

The passive one cannot be the rapist. Or else a drunk guy could rape a woman and claim she was culpable for his actions because she wasn't drunk but he was. But clearly the receiver is the one in a vulnerable position requiring protection.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
He shouldn't have claimed to have been raped without being willing to admit that the encounters met the actual full DOJ definition.

It's not a trivial fact that one must be penetrated to legally have been raped. The one in the passive or reception position for penetration (under the influence or otherwise) is the one at risk of being violated in the sense of rape.

The passive one cannot be the rapist. Or else a drunk guy could rape a woman and claim she was culpable for his actions because she wasn't drunk but he was. But clearly the receiver is the one in a vulnerable position requiring protection.

you're a retard

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:mock: PJ

I didn't "try" anything with you. I've never thought you were saved. Your comment in yellow only strengthens my belief. I've never really seen Town discussing spiritual things except his posting with IMJ about the deity of Christ and he did an excellent job with that. His tendency toward humanistic thinking has nothing to do with whether he's saved or not. I can certainly speak to whether someone is being spiritually discerning or not. If you don't like that, it's just too darn bad. You'll have to deal with it.

You aren't saved, you're going to hell for bearing false witness

lifeisgood

:mock: PJ

I didn't "try" anything with you. I've never thought you were saved. Your comment in yellow only strengthens my belief. I've never really seen Town discussing spiritual things except his posting with IMJ about the deity of Christ and he did an excellent job with that. His tendency toward humanistic thinking has nothing to do with whether he's saved or not. I can certainly speak to whether someone is being spiritually discerning or not. If you don't like that, it's just too darn bad. You'll have to deal with it.

Isn't God awesome that He is still on His throne and He is the ONLY one who really decides who is or who is not saved and not you?

Yes, God is awesome! Praise be to His holy name.

Status
Not open for further replies.