anticatholics: please list the "false doctrines of Catholicism"

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Can the Romans be compared to any other group?

Israel was and is the keeper of the book. Theirs roots trace back to Abraham.

But Salvation is not part of their package. What was it that their old king said?

Vanity

republicanchick

Transubstantiation is false doctrine.

A celibate priesthood is false doctrine.

Papal infallibility is false doctrine.

the tradition of celibate priesthood is NOT a doctrine... How utterly ignorant-sounding

priests were only widely celibate after some time in the middle ages.. i believe the year 1100 or thereabouts..

Transubstantiation is more real than anything i know of... but you will never know. You don't take good care of your soul or you would @ least be interested in finding out this most beneficial of all aspects of Catholicism... You don't know the power of Christ b/c you do not know the effects of Transubstantiation. That is your choice...

you can't say we Catholics didn't tell you about it

++

Cruciform

Transubstantiation is false doctrine.
Merely another unsubstantiated opinion that you have derived from your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect. Now post your proof.

A celibate priesthood is false doctrine.
In fact, clerical celibacy is not a "doctrine" at all. It is an ecclesial discipline, not a doctrine.

Papal infallibility is false doctrine.
Again: Post your proof.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

We have a priest Cruciform, here's your proof.

Hebrews 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

We take all of our cares to Jesus not some man.
The fact that Jesus is our "High Priest" no more rules out human priests than does the fact that Jesus is the "Chief Shepherd" rule out human pastors (shepherds). Rather, Christ's Priesthood is itself the foundation and basis for the clerical priesthood. Thus, your False Dilemma Fallacy here ("EITHER Jesus, OR men") is noted.

If your comments were meant to somehow refute the sacrament of Penance (Confession), you are decisively answered here.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cedarbay

the tradition of celibate priesthood is NOT a doctrine... How utterly ignorant-sounding

priests were only widely celibate after some time in the middle ages.. i believe the year 1100 or thereabouts..

Transubstantiation is more real than anything i know of... but you will never know. You don't take good care of your soul or you would @ least be interested in finding out this most beneficial of all aspects of Catholicism... You don't know the power of Christ b/c you do not know the effects of Transubstantiation. That is your choice...

you can't say we Catholics didn't tell you about it

++
Holy Orders, which demands celibacy, is Catholic doctrine regarding the seven Sacraments.

Cedarbay

Merely another unsubstantiated opinion that you have derived from your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect. Now post your proof.

In fact, clerical celibacy is not a "doctrine" at all. It is an ecclesial discipline, not a doctrine.

Again: Post your proof.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
Holy Orders, which demands celibacy, is Catholic doctrine regarding the seven Sacraments.

Cedarbay

There are problems with the Roman Catholic position. First of all, when we look at the Greek of Matthew 16:18, we see something that is not obvious in the English. " . . . you are Peter (πέτρος, petros) and upon this rock (πέτρα, petra) I will build My church . . . "
In Greek, nouns have gender. It is similar to the English words actor and actress. The first is masculine, and the second is feminine. Likewise, the Greek word, "petros," is masculine, petra" is feminine. Peter, the man, is appropriately referred to as Petros. But Jesus said that the rock He would build His church on was not the masculine "petros" but the feminine "petra."
Let me illustrate by using the words "actor" and "actress:" "You are the actor, and with this actress, I will make my movie." Do see that the gender influences how a sentence is understood? Jesus was not saying that the church will be built upon Peter but upon something else.

Jesus, who knew the heart of Peter, was not saying that Peter, the movable and unstable stone, would be the immovable rock upon which the Church would be built. Rather, it would be built upon Jesus, and it was this truth that Peter had affirmed what he said to Jesus, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God," (Matt. 16:16). This is consistent with Scripture elsewhere where the term rock is sometimes used in reference of God but never of a man.

Deut. 32:4, "The Rock! His work is perfect, for all His ways are just; a God of faithfulness and without injustice."
2 Sam. 22:2-3, "The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; 3 My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge."

The truth is that the only foundation is Jesus. The only rock of truth is Jesus Christ and that we, as His redeemed, need to keep our eyes on Him. We are to look to no one else as the foundation, the source, or the hope on which the church is built. The Church is built upon Jesus--not Peter.

"For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ," (1 Cor. 3:11).
+rep....well said.

Cedarbay

THE PROBLEM WITH PURGATORY

According to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraph 1030, "All who die in Gods grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation, but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven."

So According to Roman Catholic Doctrine, though a person may be in a state of grace, he may not enter Heaven until he is purified from sins that were not dealt with on earth.

As a Christian who bases spiritual truth on the Bible alone, I see problems with the doctrine of purgatory. For example:
1. It is not explicitly found in the Bible.
2. It implies that the righteousness of Christ does not cleanse from all sin.
3. It implies that justification is not by faith alone.
4. It implies that there is something we must do in order to be cleansed of sin.
Praying for the souls in purgatory, is alive and well.

Cedarbay

So is the worship of Mary.
Having been a Roman Catholic for decades, I believe worship is the right word, although Papists will deny it.

When one kneels before a statue of Mary, showing/having reverent love, devotion, and honor, that is idolatry.

I often think that the Virgin Mary must grieve all of this devotion to her.

Her words in the Magnificat are completely focused on God, emphasizing His holiness and power.

She was a truly humble, joyful, faithful servant of the Lord.

Cruciform

So is the worship of Mary.
Since you have been repeatedly corrected on this point by the Catholics on TOL, one must conclude that your claim here is now simply an example of straightforward lying on your part (Ex. 20:16; Prov. 19:5).

See this and this.

images

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

Having been a Roman Catholic for decades, I believe worship is the right word, although Papists will deny it. When one kneels before a statue of Mary, showing/having reverent love, devotion, and honor, that is idolatry.
Already answered---and corrected---in the cited sources in Post #116 above.

lifeisgood

Just like the RCC approved The Glories of Mary by St. Alphonsus Liguori where she is said to be the Savior of the world.

Cedarbay

Celibacy is demanded for all Roman Catholic priests. It a vow they take at ordination, a sacrament and thus a doctrine taught by the Magisterium. Demanding such is in error and thus a false doctrine.

All cites posted to the contrary are deceptively attractive and may seem to have a ring of truth. Clerical celibacy within the RCC cannot be separated from the sacrament of Holy Orders.