Act NOW to Save Terri Schiavo!

I hear that 2 out of the 3 appeals court judges were appointed by Reagan and the court as a whole is considered conservative?

Maybe it's possbile that the Congress and the President acted the way they did because they don't have to actually make a descision, they just want to look like they did something for political reasons, whereas the impressive stack of courts who have ruled so far actually rendered a descision on the merits of the case?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by avatar382

I hear that 2 out of the 3 appeals court judges were appointed by Reagan and the court as a whole is considered conservative?

Maybe it's possbile that the Congress and the President acted the way they did because they don't have to actually make a descision, they just want to look like they did something for political reasons, whereas the impressive stack of courts who have ruled so far actually rendered a descision on the merits of the case?

It looks real good for a congressman to get behind the podium and bloviate. It also signifies nothing; these guys are throwing sops to their constituents. It's nothing but grotesque grandstanding, as far as I'm concerned.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Zakath
Oh, so you don't believe that the death by torture of Jesus of Nazareth was necessary to fulfill some requirement of your deity?

He is my Diety:) According to Him, He willingly them sacrifice Him. I guess it's all in who ya trust.

Not me. I wasn't born yet.

Saul prolly thought about the same thing until he was on the road to Damascus...

But didn't he "make" humans that way????

"So God created man...God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." Doesn't appear that way... wonder what happened. Did you ever give a sermon on this topic?

Or Pat Robertson, or Oral Roberts, or any one of tens of thousands of neo-pentecostals across America. It has nothing to do with Reverend Hinn and his shennanigans.

Ok, so when did you start believing "Pat Robertson, or Oral Roberts, or any one of tens of thousands of neo-pentecostals across America."?

So you say, but it's a very weak argument when such power is never demonstrated except "long, long ago, in a land far, far away."

Like you would believe eyewitness accounts from yesterday.

Never claimed he did. I don't even believe "he" really exists, as his lack of intervention in cases that his followers assure me that he's vitally interested in, seems to support.

Well, here again, God can't win with you. Even if He doesn't promise something, He's still guilty of not doing it. Perhaps you shouldn't put so much faith in men?

Oddly enough I thought your deity holds all life in his hands.:think:

Why do you keep trying to take the focus off the murderer and lay the balme for murder at God's feet?

Perhaps for the same reason your Bible claims that YHWH caused Pharaoh to act in a certain fashion...

Think we could go through this again in less than 6 pages?

Isn't your deity ever responsible for anything, Nineveh? Or do you actually believe that he's just an "absentee landlord"?

He is responsible for creating everything, and saving us from the punishment for the evil we insist on doing. The rest is up to us. He gave us life to live. What we do usually depends on what we believe. Maybe you need a nanny, not a deity?

It appears that I believe, unlike you, that everyone, including deities, are responsible for things over which they have control...

Except Michael apparently.

Nineveh

Merely Christian

Did your deity heal her yet? Or did I read that the "forces of God" lost yet another federal court appeal?

:rolleyes:

Real life: No, Michael hasn't had any compassion on his wife yet.

Granite

Hall of Fame
One would think that the Christians around here would like a devout Catholic such as Terri to be put of her misery and suffering and in the arms of Jesus.

(Unless, of course, you don't think Catholics are "real" Christians.)

Nineveh

Merely Christian
The Vatican is asking michael to have pity on his wife and feed her. Recent news is that the Vatican is against the death penalty. I guess they see what michael is doing to Terri as just that.

I don't know any Christians who support murder though....

Granite

Hall of Fame
Of course we're talking about a loving and compassionate deity so caring for a devout Catholic he allowed her to a) have a heart attack in her prime, b) caused her massive brain damage, and c) has so far put her at the mercy of courts unsympathetic to the cause of her parents.

Is Terri a sacrificial lamb or just the victim of some real, real bad luck?

On Fire

Originally posted by granite1010

Of course we're talking about a loving and compassionate deity so caring for a devout Catholic he allowed her to a) have a heart attack in her prime, b) caused her massive brain damage, and c) has so far put her at the mercy of courts unsympathetic to the cause of her parents.

Is Terri a sacrificial lamb or just the victim of some real, real bad luck?

You musta slept a lot in church.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Translation:

Real life: Nineveh's god is a "no-show", again.

Zakath, you're attitude of "I'm mad at God cause He didn't/doesn't respond like I think He should so I'll show Him and make Him wish He had by turning on Him and talking all kinds of trash about Him from now on" is soooooooo tiresome.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Nineveh

He is my Diety:) According to Him, He willingly them sacrifice Him. I guess it's all in who ya trust.
"He willingly them sacrifice him." :confused: Is there a missing verb in that sentence that would allow it to make sense?

Saul prolly thought about the same thing until he was on the road to Damascus...
Oh, you mean when he had the seizure and "saw god"?

"So God created man...God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." Doesn't appear that way... wonder what happened...He is responsible for creating everything, and saving us from the punishment for the evil we insist on doing. The rest is up to us. He gave us life to live. What we do usually depends on what we believe.
So, after Adam, all humans are "created" evil? Thus your deity is responsible, after all...

Ok, so when did you start believing "Pat Robertson, or Oral Roberts, or any one of tens of thousands of neo-pentecostals across America."?
I was a neo-pentecostal. I attended conferences and sat on panels with Oral Roberts. :rolleyes:

Like you would believe eyewitness accounts from yesterday.
Depends mostly on the eyewitness...

Well, here again, God can't win with you. Even if He doesn't promise something, He's still guilty of not doing it.
You were the one that claimed he's responsible, not me.

Why do you keep trying to take the focus off the murderer and lay the balme for murder at God's feet?
Because your deity is a genocidal murderer, by most human definitions.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Poly

Zakath, you're attitude of "I'm mad at God cause He didn't/doesn't respond like I think He should so I'll show Him and make Him wish He had by turning on Him and talking all kinds of trash about Him from now on" is soooooooo tiresome.
Your continuing misunderstanding of the fact that because I disbelive in someone's religious fantasies does not translate into being "mad at" their version of deity is tiresome, as well.

I am no more "mad at" Nineveh's deity than I am at any other fictional construct, like Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.

On Fire

Oh, you mean when he had the seizure and "saw god"?
Wow! You were there? I knew you were old.....
So, after Adam, all humans are "created" evil? Thus your deity is responsible, after all...
Playing dumb again. You're getting good at it.....maybe you're not playing.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Your continuing misunderstanding of the fact that because I disbelive in someone's religious fantasies does not translate into being "mad at" their version of deity is tiresome, as well.

I am no more "mad at" Nineveh's deity than I am at any other fictional construct, like Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that Zakath.

It appears that I believe, unlike you, that everyone, including deities, are responsible for things over which they have control...

Nope, no resentment towards God there.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by On Fire

Wow! You were there? I knew you were old.....
Actually I read the description in your bible... ;)

Playing dumb again. You're getting good at it.....maybe you're not playing.
Sorry, am I speaking over your head again, Smokey?