ECT According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

dodge

Hi and I hark on 1 Cor 11:1 and on 1 Cor 4:16 and what about Col 1:25 ?
HUH, HUH ??

If you do NOT get it right , I will correct you , so do not be a NINNYHAMMER !!

dan p

Paul taught to follow him as he followed Jesus.

The gospel is not about Paul it is about Jesus.

1Co 11:1
Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

dodge

Hi and this is not NIT-PICKING , but the word AM is not in the Greek text !!

You better get a better translation as the word was ADDED and that is why I am not KJ-ONLY !!

dan p

Jhn 8:58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was,

I am.

I do not agree !

If you do a word study of "I am" it means the
eternal self existing one.

And that is one of the reasons I stay with the KJV.

DAN P

No, I am sorry about your eye problems. I am almost 66 and I at time battle eye problems.

Peter taught:

1Pe 1:18
Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 1Pe 1:19

1 Pe1:19 19
But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Peter taught Jesus was EVERYTHING needed for salvation . Is that not GRACE ?

Hi and NO , and Eph 2:8 says how you were saved by GRACE HAVING BEEN SAVED !!

The Greek word SAVED / SOZO is in the Greek Perfect tense and the Passive Voive and a Participle !!

Here is what the Perfect tense means , and I was born in 1936 and the Point in the PAST TIME is called the AORIST TENSE !!

The other Tense that makes it the Greek PERFECT TENSE is the Present Tense and that means for 79 years I have been in the Present tense , do you understand ??

The AORIST and PRESENT TENSE make it the PERFECT TENSE !!

So Eph 2:8 tells us all OSAS , how is that perfect !!

dan p

Dan p

dodge

That floored all of us MAD wackos....We are reeling, slumped on the canvas, after that knock out punch...

Your opinion is noted. YOU cannot accept that Paul taught contrary to what YOU believe. YOUR loss not mine.

DAN P

Jhn 8:58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was,

I am.

I do not agree !

If you do a word study of "I am" it means the
eternal self existing one.

And that is one of the reasons I stay with the KJV.

Hi and I believe in the " I AM " as we are talking about Eph 2:8 and slick of you to change and DODGE Col 1:25 and have avoided it AGAIN , LOL

dan p

john w

Hall of Fame
Your opinion is noted. YOU cannot accept that Paul taught contrary to what YOU believe. YOUR loss not mine.

Another stumper-"Your opinion is noted." Wow! We are baffled, bamboozled, by your "closes!" Please teach us. Please?

"I believe it is best to let scripture say what it means and mean what it says and Paul taught," and scripture, Paul, says that "the Apostles and Prophets" you reference, were the post Paul apostles, not the 12, and the post Paul prophets, not the OT prophets.

Now if you want to deny the details of the book, being lazy, deny Paul's teaching to follow a false teaching called your "It all says the same thing," and not "let scripture say what it means and mean what it says and Paul taught," that is your choice.

YOU cannot accept that Paul taught contrary to what YOU believe. YOUR loss not mine.

You taught us that-we learned that from you.

Watch this uppercut:Why do you deny what Paul taught, Dodgeball?

See how that works? Fun! Nothing to this debating!!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Either you are right in your slander there, or you are not, and the real issue is that some of us actually bothered to invest time in the Scriptures attempting to not only let it mean what it says, but to let it say what it means.

In plain English, you store bought expert - allow a passage to read exactly as it is written.

To that, add comparing verse with verse for said passage's actually intended sense.

Even within Mad itself; when that is violated, one Mad ends up at an understanding not held within Mad in general.

Given not only this simple principle, but how easy it is even for a Mad to depart from it where said Mad has not been fully grounded in its correct application before attempting to study things on his or her own; what hope do you - a store bought; dime a dozen; books based expert - have of seeing where ANY Mad is coming from?

And you continually slander us in your equally continued willful, fool ignorance of where we are coming from, and then cry foul when both your incompetence and your duplicity are pointed out to you.

Magilla...Gorilla...for sale :chuckle:

MAD comes from worshipping Paul.

MAD skirts around the ministry of reconciliation first delivered by Peter, which Paul was saved by and also preached, therefore MAD remains without the Holy Spirit.

LA

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Eph 3:5
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Notice Paul did not reveal the mystery to the Apostles and Prophets the mystery was revealed to them by the SPIRIT.

How did those who follow and believe MAD miss this ?
We didn't miss anything. It had to be revealed to them, or Paul would have been run out of town, at the least.

The information concerning the Mystery was given to Paul by the Lord Jesus from heaven directly by revelation. Others understood what he taught by the illumination of the Spirit.
:think:

dodge

"I believe it is best to let scripture say what it means and mean what it says and Paul taught," and scripture, Paul, says that "the Apostles and Prophets" you reference, were the post Paul apostles, not the 12, and the post Paul prophets, not the OT prophets.

Now if you want to deny the details of the book, being lazy, deny Paul's teaching to follow a false teaching called your "It all says the same thing," and not "let scripture say what it means and mean what it says and Paul taught," that is your choice.

See how that works? Fun! Nothing to this debating!!

No matter how those in MAD twist the scripture there is only 1 GOSPEL as taught by Jesus.

dodge

We didn't miss anything. It had to be revealed to them, or Paul would have been run out of town, at the least.

:think:

Paul taught what Jesus had already taught ALL of the Apostles. WAS THAT TRUTH withheld by God for awhile you bet ya, but Paul received NO NEW revelation.

Mar 14:24
And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yep, the OT prophets knew of it before Paul....
Paul says they didn't. I believe Paul!

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephesians 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yep, the OT prophets knew of it before Paul....
You cannot show in the OT where Gentiles such as we had any hope of salvation. Believe Paul. These Gentiles to whom he wrote the letter (and by extension us 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV)had NO HOPE in time past and Paul tells us why!

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Interplanner

You cannot show in the OT where Gentiles such as we had any hope of salvation. Believe Paul. These Gentiles to whom he wrote the letter (and by extension us 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV)had NO HOPE in time past and Paul tells us why!

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

But that would be because the mission had not yet come, which was always meant to come. The Abrahamic Promise always was about the mission, says Gal 3, Acts 3 & 13. So both Peter and Paul explain that judging the nations before the coming of the mission is Gods business, Rom 3 and I Pet 3:19+.

At the same time, there are a number of passages that reach out to the nations even before the mission: David's temple dedication prayer, Jonah, God and the kings with whom Melchizedek engaged, the toleration of the Ammonite's sins in the same way as Israel's, in Gen 22, etc. Or that indicate there was some awareness.

Interplanner

Paul says they didn't. I believe Paul!

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephesians 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Yet there is a difference between where this mystery was going to be located and what it consisted of. The location was no mystery. The OT is full of that. The actual thing that was a mystery, however, was not quite seen. That is the impact of 3:5's 'through the Gospel.'

It was no mystery since the first Abrahamic promise that the nations were to be blessed along with Israel. But when the Law system and worship came, Israel (mistakenly) began to think it was essentially through the law.

This is the background to the great contrasting statements of Paul: through the Law vs through the Gospel.

It is also the background of the problem addressed in Gal 3:17: someone switched and replaced Promise and Law! Guess who?

In Eph 3:5, the shared benefits are all now known to be through the Gospel. That 'through the Gospel' is the nub that was hidden and was difficult for Israel to accept.

Additionally, there are some passages which get translated as 'since the beginning of the world' which throws the meaning off track. The expression is 'for long ages' and refers to the age of the Law. Because Paul constructed quite an argument out of the Promise preceded the Law and was for all nations, in Gal 3, Rom 4, 9, 15, etc.

So yeah: believe Paul.

Interplanner

I don't get the idea of MAD worshipping Paul. I get more the sense from MADs that Paul (bringing the worldwide Gospel, and not being concerned about the land of Israel) was an after thought, a detour, and 2nd choice, a plan B, etc, in which both plans are 'equal' or actually where the Israel plan is superior, but the Gospel is tolerable.

Right Divider

Body part
That is NOT what Paul said:

Eph 3:5
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men
, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Paul taught that ALL the Apostles and some prophets were given the mystery by the SPIRIT.
Nice CHANGE to God's Word there dodge. You're going to get into trouble for doing that.

I.S.I.T.

You cannot show in the OT where Gentiles such as we had any hope of salvation.

I already did, but here's some more....

Galatians 3:8
And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed."

What is clear to me, by the scriptures I posted earlier from Paul, and now the above from Paul, is that you MAD followers don't even truly believe in the words of Paul either. You do not believe the OT prophets, you do not believe the commands,sayings, and teachings of Jesus are to you, and you do not believe the testimony of the other apostles, and now it is clear to me you do not even truly believe in the testimony of Paul either.

Perhaps you MAD cult followers should find another "religion" where you can actually believe the words and doctrines of it's God. :)

Right Divider

Body part
Paul taught what Jesus had already taught ALL of the Apostles. WAS THAT TRUTH withheld by God for awhile you bet ya, but Paul received NO NEW revelation.
2Cor 12:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(12:7) And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

You are either dumb or a liar.

Do you believe that the risen and ascended Lord Jesus Christ came to Paul JUST to tell him things already known? That is dumb.

Mar 14:24
And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.
Why is it ONLY shed for many here?
1Tim 2:6 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Is there a difference between "many" and "all"? When was the "due time"?