trump is a jerk
and
his supporters are idiots

I just had to say that

so remember to vote Carson!

carson-155352490394_xlarge.jpeg

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I don't think Carson is President material. The other day I saw an article about his popularity. The idea is that he's popular and is staying high in the polls because people like his story, not because he's actually showing that he'll be a good president.

Carson gets a pass because our society craves his narrative. He was a successful neurosurgeon at Johns Hopkins Hospital. He is also a successful author, and his rags-to-riches story is an inspiration for many. America loves narratives like Carson’s because they remove complexity from the world. Life becomes incredibly simple because all of its problems can be solved through determination, hard work, and an unwavering belief in God.

We cannot overlook the significance of Carson’s race in both his political rise and the acceptance of his narrative. He has been positioned as the African American anti-Obama from Day One. His life story has now become the inspiration of a conservative electorate that prefers to ignore the systemic nature of racial oppression in America. Carson’s narrative now encourages their disregard of racial injustice and their embrace of individual liberty as a universal uplifting force.

Despite being vastly dissimilar candidates, Trump and Carson fill an emotional need within the GOP base, and as a result they can get away with saying almost anything they want. Trump’s campaign is more bellicose and vile than Carson’s, and his supporters have figured out how to explain away his vicious attacks much like Carson’s have for his gaffes.

Trump’s campaign tactics make it easier to envision how awful his presidency would be, but the vagueness of Carson’s policy positions and general ignorance on all pressing issues can make Carson’s potential future harder to envision, yet equally as troubling.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-call-ben-carson-the-idiot-he-clearly-is.html

Of course you might say to look at the source, but I do think there is some truth to it. And I think there is truth in what he says about Carson and Trump together. They are both supported for emotional reasons primarily.

How long can they ride that wave of emotion?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
what a treat

listening to mike and mike argue about the playoffs
and
not the idiots talking about the jerk trump

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I was listening to a very young Monty Hall interviewing players at the 1947 Grey Cup last night

it was much more enjoyable than getting my blood pressure up listening to the morons on the US political scene*

*except Carson, of course

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
what a treat

listening to mike and mike argue about the playoffs
and
not the idiots talking about the jerk trump

Do you think he is going to be your candidate? He is quite liberal and actually pro-choice (given his views on PP).