a whore for the republican party

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
No. Because those in power will not give it up. It took a civil war to start this ball rolling. It will take a civil war to undo it.

If you don't mind saying, is there any candidate that makes your short list?

... nevermind... I just saw your answer up above.

drbrumley

that's it

just trash the republican party
turn our government over to hillary
and
we will get free college education
and
unlimited maternity leave

just borrow more money

got it dr
you were a big help

But Chrys, once again, the Repubs are doing the same thing. God forbid, I sure don't want Hillary in there. Nor Sanders. Nor Trump. But the Republicans are not giving anyone much of a choice.

drbrumley

The Republican Party today stands for an explosive growth of the welfare state and is spending money on such programs as fast as Lyndon Johnson ever did. The Democrats are as bad or worse.

drbrumley

One of the first things that needs to happen is a repeal of the seventeenth amendment. That would be a great encouragement.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
You're good with it and you hope Trump pulls it off, even though your own source (here's the full page) calls it "bogus," "phony," and a "gimmick?"

I wouldn't expect anything less from a left wing organization like the CIS but, it in no way erases that this bill was brought up before the Congress before, and that you, and left wingers like the CIS don't want to see it happen. I know you love your sanctuary city there in San Diego, my hope is that all comes crashing down, even on the sanctuary city I live in, my hope is that feds punish California monetarily for even allowing it.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
can we work within the system to change it?

You don't have much of a choice...not engaging in the process at all may seem the right answer to some but, to me that is as good as being a quitter... Not in my DNA to quit... People would think I am French. :chuckle:

drbrumley

You don't have much of a choice...not engaging in the process at all may seem the right answer to some but, to me that is as good as being a quitter... Not in my DNA to quit... People would think I am French. :chuckle:

No one is gonna go to Washington DC and change anything. It has to be done by the States. The States don't matter anymore in Washington. That is what I mean by no, not within the system. I agree we should try. I'm no quitter either. But that means every tool we have, (secession, nullification); all constitutional provisions.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
No one is gonna go to Washington DC and change anything. It has to be done by the States. The States don't matter anymore in Washington. That is what I mean by no, not within the system. I agree we should try. I'm no quitter either. But that means every tool we have, (secession, nullification); all constitutional provisions.

Well had the founders of this nation had your mentality that " all is lost, why even engage", this nation would have never come to be... It is quite absurd as well as defeatist. If you really believe that it is up to the states have you signed the petition at conventionofstates.com ? I too see the states as the key but, I will not shirk my constitutional privilege & duty of voting in the mean time... It is just negative & counterproductive.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i've said it before and i'll say it again:

1. Vote for the best man (or woman) you can find in the primaries (Carson!)

2. Vote against the worst person running in the general election (Hillary!)

3. Then, no matter who wins, write them every week, email them daily, let them know what they're doing right, let them know what they're doing wrong

4. Get involved at the local level - make a difference!

Last edited: