A List of the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments) of the Jewish faith

Lilstu

#192 is very interesting.
It was affirmed by the Jerusalem council of Acts 15.
But I wonder how many have even contemplated keeping #192?

Lilstu

I think your version is problematic. God did not say it's not too difficult for you. He said it was not hidden from them, not across the sea, or in the Heavens - that is contextually how to translate the word.

The KJV has an agenda.
The Hebrew word translated "hidden" at Deut 30:11 is translated differently at other verses in the Bible.

Genesis 18:14Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

14 Is any thing too hard for the Lord? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.

Deuteronomy 17:8Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

8 If there arise a matter too hard for thee in judgment, between blood and blood, between plea and plea, and between stroke and stroke, being matters of controversy within thy gates: then shalt thou arise, and get thee up into the place which the Lord thy God shall choose;

2 Samuel 13:2Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

2 And Amnon was so vexed, that he fell sick for his sister Tamar; for she was a virgin; and Amnon thought it hard for him to do any thing to her.

Jeremiah 32:17Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

17 Ah Lord God! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's true, Moses was a Christian and did what Christ instructed him to do.

Moses believed in the one true God as I do. He spoke or wrote of Yeshua.

Luke 24:44 NASB - 44 Now He said to them, "These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled."

John 5:46 NASB - 46 "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.

beameup

Like many on this forum, you do not understand what Jews are or what Judaism is. Jews are a nation. Judaism is the religion of the Jews. Judaism is not a "faith" like Christianity. To convert to Judaism means joining the Jewish nation, not just accepting a "faith".

The 350+ Messianic Congregations in Israel are the only "true Jews". The are of the Jewish "Sect of the Nazarenes" which existed in the 1st Century A.D., before the diaspora, and now have reemerged in these "Last Days" (since 1975).

Lilstu

Moses believed in the one true God as I do. He spoke or wrote of Yeshua.

Luke 24:44 NASB - 44 Now He said to them, "These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled."

John 5:46 NASB - 46 "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.

Matthew 23:2-3 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat: all therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do;

Isn't Jesus supporting the LAW and the Jewish interpretation of the LAW?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 23:2-3 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat: all therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do;

Isn't Jesus supporting the LAW and the Jewish interpretation of the LAW?
Yes. He is. Jesus observed and taught the Law.

Flaminggg

BANNED
Banned
(Commentary in Parenthesis)

1. Oddly enough, God thought people could keep them. See Deuteronomy 30. Is your god foolish? Mine isn't.
2. How many federal laws are there in the USA? How many State laws? How many city ordinances? Many thousands, I expect. Are people expected to obey them?
3. Which specific laws in the list would you not be able to obey?

When I was growing up, I went to several different, schools with ethnics. They would beat me for trying to read, for speaking, for using the bathroom, for eating, they would also beat me if I said their names. Or if I looked at their faces, they would also touch me and try to violate me as often as possible. Most of the time the children would tell their parents and school officials, eventually I would simply be transferred to another school, and the process would be repeated, this is leading to what you see now, Global Terrorism and its various forms. There are levels we have not reached regarding the legal right to live for the lives of many, we will reach these tones regardless soon.

1. Let the Gospel's Message impart its impression, so that you are reproved as a sacrifice for the lord's mercy (Seeing God's Glory in all things, and especially in prosecution and death, so that the pride of life is of no effect, lovers of righteousness more than lovers of men).
2. Let Grace (Hearing of the Word) be the justification of Faith (Renewal of the Soul), not the strength of mind, not the strength of will. (the written word does not end with the gospel/bible, it is written in our hearts ... the gospel is not a secret but all of creation is its testimony).
3. Let Tribulation (Trials and Adversities) run its course of chastisement (God is the author and finisher of all work), anything more than Alba Father (All Praise and Worship to God) is a sin, therefore we are commanded to endure trials and tribulations)

1. Attacking me, you will see these people teach nothing spiritual or attempt to learn anything spiritual or of any consequence of the gospel for the conviction of the flesh
2. Attacking me, you will see these people make themselves suffer until they no longer have strength to do or say anything against me at all
3. Attacking me, you will see them simply go away, or drop dead as in deceased

(What God does for the Sons of Man, God does more immediate and with less delay, but what God does for the Sons of Man, he also does for the Body of Believers, and for all men...............The clear and simply truth is the earth is God's judgment throne, it does not belong to false witnesses and suicides, based on the level of force, you will see them go away or die, it can be that simple, or you will see them run away and attack behind others, or make their attacks less significant, until these people that attack me are what you see and hear, simply promoting their own suicide and they are of no consequence, and threat to society and themselves) (the media and the authorities will be confronted in a few months about what is necessary, until such a time, just keep watch)

Ben Masada

1. To know there is a G‑d--Exodus 20:2
2. Not to entertain thoughts of other gods besides Him--Exodus 20:3
3. To know that He is one--Deuteronomy 6:4
4. To love Him--Deuteronomy 6:5
5. To fear Him--Deuteronomy 10:20
6. To sanctify His Name--Leviticus 22:32
7. Not to profane His Name--Leviticus 22:32
8. Not to destroy objects associated with His Name--Deuteronomy 12:4
9. To listen to the prophet speaking in His Name--Deuteronomy 18:15
10. Not to test the prophet unduly--Deuteronomy 6:16
11. To emulate His ways--Deuteronomy 28:9
12. To cleave to those who know Him--Deuteronomy 10:20
13. To love other Jews--Leviticus 19:18
14. To love converts--Deuteronomy 10:19
15. Not to hate fellow Jews--Leviticus 19:17
16. To reprove wrongdoers--Leviticus 19:17
17. Not to embarrass others--Leviticus 19:17
18. Not to oppress the weak--Exodus 22:21
19. Not to gossip about others--Leviticus 19:16
20. Not to take revenge--Leviticus 19:18
21. Not to bear a grudge--Leviticus 19:18
22. To learn Torah and teach it--Deuteronomy 6:7
23. To honor those who teach and know Torah--Leviticus 19:32
24. Not to inquire into idolatry--Leviticus 19:4
25. Not to follow the whims of your heart or what your eyes see--Numbers 15:39
26. Not to blaspheme--Exodus 22:27
27. Not to worship idols in the manner they are worshiped--Exodus 20:5
28. Not to bow down to idols--Exodus 20:5
29. Not to make an idol for yourself--Exodus 20:4
30. Not to make an idol for others--Leviticus 19:4

I have a word about number 9: To listen to the Prophets speaking in His name. IMHO, this applies not only to the
Jews but also to Christians. Why? For two reasons: First, because the Prophets spoke in God's name that no one
can die for the sins of another. (Ezekiel 18:4,20; Jeremiah 31:30; II Kings 14:6; Deuteronomy 24:16; etc) Therefore, if Christians listen to the Prophets that speak in the name of God, they must get use to the idea that Jesus did not die for our sins. The second reason is that the Prophets who speak in the name of God are of one mind that, once dead, no one will ever return from the grave. (II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; Psalm
49:12,20) Likewise, Christians are to take upon their mind that Jesus has never returned from his grave and cease preaching the false message of the resurrection when Jesus himself as a Jew did not believe it.

beameup

I have a word about number 9: To listen to the Prophets speaking in His name. IMHO, this applies not only to the
Jews but also to Christians. Why? For two reasons: First, because the Prophets spoke in God's name that no one can die for the sins of another.

WRONG.
The Akedah, or ”Binding of Isaac”, is the illustration YHWH gave us.
[ie: father-son---offering of son-resurrection of son promised]
Perhaps you didn't "get the memo"... or perhaps "Judaism" has "something to hide"?

Genesis 22:1-19

Last edited:

chair

The 350+ Messianic Congregations in Israel are the only "true Jews". The are of the Jewish "Sect of the Nazarenes" which existed in the 1st Century A.D., before the diaspora, and now have reemerged in these "Last Days" (since 1975).

This is complete nonsense. Bull manure. It's like saying "the only true Christians are the ones who converted to Islam"

beameup

This is complete nonsense. Bull manure. It's like saying "the only true Christians are the ones who converted to Islam"

Actually, there are a multitude of Messianic Congregations in the U.S. and elsewhere.
I visited 2 synagogues in a medium-sized city in Arizona in 2014.
You need to "wake up and smell the coffee" before its too late... time is short. :rapture:

chair

Actually, there are a multitude of Messianic Congregations in the U.S. and elsewhere.
I visited 2 synagogues in a medium-sized city in Arizona in 2014.
You need to "wake up and smell the coffee" before its too late.
Why in the world should I accept your myths?

Ben Masada

WRONG.
The Akedah, or ”Binding of Isaac”, is the illustration YHWH gave us.
[ie: father-son--offering of son-resurrection of son promised]
Perhaps you didn't "get the memo"... or perhaps "Judaism" has "something to hide"?

Genesis 22:1-19

I gave you the answer to this post of yours and probably it was removed. No use to keep repeating the same post over and over agains if it has to be removed for some reason or another.

Ben Masada

1. To know there is a G‑d--Exodus 20:2
2. Not to entertain thoughts of other gods besides Him--Exodus 20:3
3. To know that He is one--Deuteronomy 6:4
4. To love Him--Deuteronomy 6:5
5. To fear Him--Deuteronomy 10:20
6. To sanctify His Name--Leviticus 22:32
7. Not to profane His Name--Leviticus 22:32
8. Not to destroy objects associated with His Name--Deuteronomy 12:4
9. To listen to the prophet speaking in His Name--Deuteronomy 18:15
10. Not to test the prophet unduly--Deuteronomy 6:16
11. To emulate His ways--Deuteronomy 28:9
12. To cleave to those who know Him--Deuteronomy 10:20
13. To love other Jews--Leviticus 19:18
14. To love converts--Deuteronomy 10:19
15. Not to hate fellow Jews--Leviticus 19:17
16. To reprove wrongdoers--Leviticus 19:17
17. Not to embarrass others--Leviticus 19:17
18. Not to oppress the weak--Exodus 22:21
19. Not to gossip about others--Leviticus 19:16
20. Not to take revenge--Leviticus 19:18
21. Not to bear a grudge--Leviticus 19:18
22. To learn Torah and teach it--Deuteronomy 6:7
23. To honor those who teach and know Torah--Leviticus 19:32
24. Not to inquire into idolatry--Leviticus 19:4
25. Not to follow the whims of your heart or what your eyes see--Numbers 15:39
26. Not to blaspheme--Exodus 22:27
27. Not to worship idols in the manner they are worshiped--Exodus 20:5
28. Not to bow down to idols--Exodus 20:5
29. Not to make an idol for yourself--Exodus 20:4
30. Not to make an idol for others--Leviticus 19:4

I have a comment about number 4, the commandment to love. Love by nature does not respond to commands. One cannot be punished for not being able to love even God Himself. HaShem is aware of that as nature is creation
of God.