ECT 8 Things that sink D'ism

Interplanner

Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
That is PURELY your opinion based on your FALSE premise(s). That's how you work.

Which gospel?

Tell me why you think Amos 9 is NOT about the Gentiles coming into faith.

Interplanner

Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
Stay confused if that's what you like.

You don't do Acts 2 on the enthronement right
Acts 15 on Amos 9
rom 9's four quotes
rom 15's four quotes

Start explaining why you think you have those right.

I'm not interested any more in WHAT you believe, it has been spelled out; I'm interested in WHY you believe.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You are way to straitjacketed. That "us" is anyone who believes. You have no idea. It's how the thing mushroomed at the start.

God's plan was originally for Israel to go out and be a spokesnation for God, witnessing to the Gentiles, as Acts 13:47 and Isaiah 49:6 clearly state.

The "us" is referring to believing Israel.

I mean, just look at the context:

So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath.Now when the congregation had broken up, many of the Jews and devout proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.On the next Sabbath almost the whole city came together to hear the word of God.But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy; and contradicting and blaspheming, they opposed the things spoken by Paul.Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles.For so the Lord has commanded us: ‘I have set you as a light to the Gentiles, That you should be for salvation to the ends of the earth.’ ”Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.And the word of the Lord was being spread throughout all the region.But the Jews stirred up the devout and prominent women and the chief men of the city, raised up persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them from their region.But they shook off the dust from their feet against them, and came to Iconium.And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit. - Acts 13:42-52 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts13:42-52&version=NKJV

Interplanner

God's plan was originally for Israel to go out and be a spokesnation for God, witnessing to the Gentiles, as Acts 13:47 and Isaiah 49:6 clearly state.

The "us" is referring to believing Israel.

I mean, just look at the context:

So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath.Now when the congregation had broken up, many of the Jews and devout proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.On the next Sabbath almost the whole city came together to hear the word of God.But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy; and contradicting and blaspheming, they opposed the things spoken by Paul.Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles.For so the Lord has commanded us: ‘I have set you as a light to the Gentiles, That you should be for salvation to the ends of the earth.’ ”Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.And the word of the Lord was being spread throughout all the region.But the Jews stirred up the devout and prominent women and the chief men of the city, raised up persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them from their region.But they shook off the dust from their feet against them, and came to Iconium.And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit. - Acts 13:42-52 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts13:42-52&version=NKJV

Why limit it to just them? If you are really into limiting, then the ONLY people it can possibly mean is Paul and Barnabas and never anyone else at all.

What God was doing was launching the faith with explosive force, because all it takes to spread the message is a person who can recount the event. "Us" is everyone who is in Christ, even today. It is huge.

You must get rid of the constructs of D'ism as soon as possible. They are entirely toxic.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Acts 2 shows Israel focused on what was about to happen, as Peter states that everything that was happening was in line with what the prophet Joel wrote. They were (rightly so) getting ready for Christ's return, which was to be soon.

Acts 15 on Amos 9

The main part of Acts 15 is the Apostles telling Paul's converts, the Body of Christ, that they do not have to keep the law and circumcise, as Israel is required to.

Amos 9 has nothing to do with that. It deals with What God promised back in Jeremiah 18.

I saw the Lord standing by the altar, and He said: “Strike the doorposts, that the thresholds may shake, And break them on the heads of them all. I will slay the last of them with the sword. He who flees from them shall not get away, And he who escapes from them shall not be delivered.“Though they dig into hell, From there My hand shall take them; Though they climb up to heaven, From there I will bring them down;And though they hide themselves on top of Carmel, From there I will search and take them; Though they hide from My sight at the bottom of the sea, From there I will command the serpent, and it shall bite them;Though they go into captivity before their enemies, From there I will command the sword, And it shall slay them. I will set My eyes on them for harm and not for good.”The Lord God of hosts, He who touches the earth and it melts, And all who dwell there mourn; All of it shall swell like the River, And subside like the River of Egypt.He who builds His layers in the sky, And has founded His strata in the earth; Who calls for the waters of the sea, And pours them out on the face of the earth— The Lord is His name.“ Are you not like the people of Ethiopia to Me, O children of Israel?” says the Lord. “Did I not bring up Israel from the land of Egypt, The Philistines from Caphtor, And the Syrians from Kir?“Behold, the eyes of the Lord God are on the sinful kingdom, And I will destroy it from the face of the earth; Yet I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob,” Says the Lord.“For surely I will command, And will sift the house of Israel among all nations, As grain is sifted in a sieve; Yet not the smallest grain shall fall to the ground.All the sinners of My people shall die by the sword, Who say, ‘The calamity shall not overtake nor confront us.’“On that day I will raise up The tabernacle of David, which has fallen down, And repair its damages; I will raise up its ruins, And rebuild it as in the days of old;That they may possess the remnant of Edom, And all the Gentiles who are called by My name,” Says the Lord who does this thing.“Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord, “When the plowman shall overtake the reaper, And the treader of grapes him who sows seed; The mountains shall drip with sweet wine, And all the hills shall flow with it.I will bring back the captives of My people Israel; They shall build the waste cities and inhabit them; They shall plant vineyards and drink wine from them; They shall also make gardens and eat fruit from them.I will plant them in their land, And no longer shall they be pulled up From the land I have given them,” Says the Lord your God. - Amos 9:1-15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Amos9:1-15&version=NKJV

Seems like that's specifically talking about Israel.

rom 9's four quotes
rom 15's four quotes

Which specifically?

I'm not interested any more in WHAT you believe, it has been spelled out; I'm interested in WHY you believe.

I'm not too sure you really do know what Dispensationalism teaches. You seem to have gotten a lot of that wrong throughout all your threads....

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Tell me why you think Amos 9 is NOT about the Gentiles coming into faith.
I saw the Lord standing by the altar, and He said: “Strike the doorposts, that the thresholds may shake, And break them on the heads of them all. I will slay the last of them with the sword. He who flees from them shall not get away, And he who escapes from them shall not be delivered.“Though they dig into hell, From there My hand shall take them; Though they climb up to heaven, From there I will bring them down;And though they hide themselves on top of Carmel, From there I will search and take them; Though they hide from My sight at the bottom of the sea, From there I will command the serpent, and it shall bite them;Though they go into captivity before their enemies, From there I will command the sword, And it shall slay them. I will set My eyes on them for harm and not for good.”The Lord God of hosts, He who touches the earth and it melts, And all who dwell there mourn; All of it shall swell like the River, And subside like the River of Egypt.He who builds His layers in the sky, And has founded His strata in the earth; Who calls for the waters of the sea, And pours them out on the face of the earth— The Lord is His name.“ Are you not like the people of Ethiopia to Me, O children of Israel?” says the Lord. “Did I not bring up Israel from the land of Egypt, The Philistines from Caphtor, And the Syrians from Kir?“Behold, the eyes of the Lord God are on the sinful kingdom, And I will destroy it from the face of the earth; Yet I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob,” Says the Lord.“For surely I will command, And will sift the house of Israel among all nations, As grain is sifted in a sieve; Yet not the smallest grain shall fall to the ground.All the sinners of My people shall die by the sword, Who say, ‘The calamity shall not overtake nor confront us.’“On that day I will raise up The tabernacle of David, which has fallen down, And repair its damages; I will raise up its ruins, And rebuild it as in the days of old;That they may possess the remnant of Edom, And all the Gentiles who are called by My name,” Says the Lord who does this thing.“Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord, “When the plowman shall overtake the reaper, And the treader of grapes him who sows seed; The mountains shall drip with sweet wine, And all the hills shall flow with it.I will bring back the captives of My people Israel; They shall build the waste cities and inhabit them; They shall plant vineyards and drink wine from them; They shall also make gardens and eat fruit from them.I will plant them in their land, And no longer shall they be pulled up From the land I have given them,” Says the Lord your God. - Amos 9:1-15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Amos9:1-15&version=NKJV

Because it states rather clearly that God will destroy Israel, and then rebuild her. It doesn't say that God will destroy the Gentiles.

Interplanner

Because it states rather clearly that God will destroy Israel, and then rebuild her. It doesn't say that God will destroy the Gentiles.

I guess you don't know that this was officially interp'd by the apostles in Acts 15. The raised fallen tent of David is the incoming Gentiles. And the fact that that would happen was known for ages.

You might call it the verse D'ists hate to say outloud.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Why limit it to just them? If you are really into limiting, then the ONLY people it can possibly mean is Paul and Barnabas and never anyone else at all.

Because Paul was quoting Isaiah 49:6, which is talking specifically about Israel.

“Listen, O coastlands, to Me, And take heed, you peoples from afar! The Lord has called Me from the womb; From the matrix of My mother He has made mention of My name.And He has made My mouth like a sharp sword; In the shadow of His hand He has hidden Me, And made Me a polished shaft; In His quiver He has hidden Me.”“And He said to me, ‘You are My servant, O Israel, In whom I will be glorified.’Then I said, ‘I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for nothing and in vain; Yet surely my just reward is with the Lord, And my work with my God.’”“And now the Lord says, Who formed Me from the womb to be His Servant, To bring Jacob back to Him, So that Israel is gathered to Him (For I shall be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, And My God shall be My strength),Indeed He says, ‘It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant To raise up the tribes of Jacob, And to restore the preserved ones of Israel; I will also give You as a light to the Gentiles, That You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth.’” - Isaiah 49:1-6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah49:1-6&version=NKJV

What God was doing was launching the faith with explosive force,

Yes, because Israel had rejected Him, so He needed another way to get the message of salvation out to the world.

because all it takes to spread the message is a person who can recount the event. "Us" is everyone who is in Christ, even today. It is huge.

Incorrect. As I stated above, "us" is referring to Israel. Please go read Acts 13:42-52.

You must get rid of the constructs of D'ism as soon as possible. They are entirely toxic.

The only thing toxic here is your slandering.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I guess you don't know that this was officially interp'd by the apostles in Acts 15.

Well, let's read Acts 15 together, and see if we can figure out what's being said.

And certain men came down from Judea and taught the brethren, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.”

So, men from Judea, Jews, came and taught the gentiles Paul and Barnabas had converted (aka Christians), and taught them that they had to keep the law of moses and be circumcised.

This is contrary to what Paul teaches, yet is in line with what the 12 Apostles teach in their ministry.

Therefore, when Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of them should go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question.

Because what the men from Judea were teaching was contrary to what Paul had taught the Christians, there was a huge debate about who was right. So they decided to take it up with the 12 Apostles and elders in Jerusalem, to resolve it.

So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, describing the conversion of the Gentiles; and they caused great joy to all the brethren.And when they had come to Jerusalem, they were received by the church and the apostles and the elders; and they reported all things that God had done with them.But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.”

You'd think that if Paul and Barnabas were teaching the same things to their believers as the 12 were to their converts, then there wouldn't be any dispute, and especially not over something as important as circumcision.

So here's what we know so far:

Israel was being taught that they were required to circumcise and keep the Mosaic law to be saved.

Gentile believers (aka Christians) were being taught that they did NOT have to circumcise nor to keep the Mosaic law to be saved.

Now the apostles and elders came together to consider this matter.And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: “Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe.So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us,and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they.”

What is this "yoke which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear" that Peter is talking about? It's the Law. Specifically, the Mosaic law. Peter then goes on to say that they (Israel) will be saved in the same manner as they (the Gentiles), by grace through faith.

Then all the multitude kept silent and listened to Barnabas and Paul declaring how many miracles and wonders God had worked through them among the Gentiles.And after they had become silent, James answered, saying,

Now we get to the good stuff.

“Men and brethren, listen to me:Simon has declared how God at the first visited the Gentiles to take out of them a people for His name.

The people is Israel, but James doesn't just say "a people for Himself." He calls Israel "a people for His name."

There's something interesting that God did back in Genesis when He chose Abram to be father of His people, and of many nations.

God changed Abram's name to Abraham. Do you know what is significant about that?

Think about it: God's name is YHWH. Abram was renamed Abraham.

Figure it out yet?

God put part of His own name into Abram's.

He literally rebranded Abram as His own, putting the "H" into Abram, so that he became "Abraham." That's how God made Abraham's descendants His people.

And with this the words of the prophets agree, just as it is written:‘After this I will return And will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down; I will rebuild its ruins, And I will set it up;

What is "it" referring to? Well, directly it's referring to David's tabernacle. But it's also speaking about the House of God being set up again, so that, as James states next, "the rest of mankind may seek the Lord," not just the Jews, who before were the only ones whom were called to be God's people, but the Gentiles also.

Basically, it's stating that where before, if a man wanted to have a relationship with God, he had to go through Israel to do it, but now, the House of God is open to all, providing direct access to God.

So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord, Even all the Gentiles who are called by My name, Says the Lord who does all these things.’“Known to God from eternity are all His works.Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God,but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from things strangled, and from blood.For Moses has had throughout many generations those who preach him in every city, being read in the synagogues every Sabbath.”Then it pleased the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas, namely, Judas who was also named Barsabas, and Silas, leading men among the brethren.They wrote this letter by them:

James is saying that what they teach Israel is not what is being taught by Paul to the Christians, and that they (the Apostles and elders in Israel) should not place the burden of the Law on the Gentiles.

And here's the letter that they wrote to the Gentiles:

The apostles, the elders, and the brethren, To the brethren who are of the Gentiles in Antioch, Syria, and Cilicia: Greetings.Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, “ You must be circumcised and keep the law” —to whom we gave no such commandment—it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth.For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things:that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.

This is not an instruction to keep the law, it's an admonishing to abstain from wickedness. If anything, it's an instruction to NOT keep the law.

So when they were sent off, they came to Antioch; and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the letter.When they had read it, they rejoiced over its encouragement.Now Judas and Silas, themselves being prophets also, exhorted and strengthened the brethren with many words.And after they had stayed there for a time, they were sent back with greetings from the brethren to the apostles.However, it seemed good to Silas to remain there.Paul and Barnabas also remained in Antioch, teaching and preaching the word of the Lord, with many others also.Then after some days Paul said to Barnabas, “Let us now go back and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, and see how they are doing.”Now Barnabas was determined to take with them John called Mark.But Paul insisted that they should not take with them the one who had departed from them in Pamphylia, and had not gone with them to the work.Then the contention became so sharp that they parted from one another. And so Barnabas took Mark and sailed to Cyprus;but Paul chose Silas and departed, being commended by the brethren to the grace of God.And he went through Syria and Cilicia, strengthening the churches. - Acts 15:1-41 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts15:1-41&version=NKJV

And that's that.

The raised fallen tent of David is the incoming Gentiles.

Incorrect. The tabernacle of David is the House of God. It being raised up again is not a group of people, ie the Gentiles, it is a sign that God was opening up His house to all, Jew or Gentile, who believed, whereas before it was only through becoming a Jew and believing.

And the fact that that would happen was known for ages.

The raising of the tabernacle of David? Yes.

You might call it the verse D'ists hate to say out loud.

And I think you spoke too soon.

Right Divider

Body part
The gospel of God, about which you should take more care about because there is a curse on those who stray, is that God was in Christ to justify men from their sins; Acts 13:38, 39. Rom 3, Gal 3. And 'make perfect' in Hebrews means to do that same thing, because the NT is unified. It is not scattered into various statements to various races.

The apostles heard that that was the Gospel and sought to avoid it as it sunk in; they went into denial. They expected to be popular healers and possibly conduits for the great intervention when God would remove Rome.
You have a vivid imagination.

Right Divider

Body part
Acts 15 on Amos 9
rom 9's four quotes
rom 15's four quotes

Your false idea of the "enthronement" is laughable.

DAN P

9 actually.

Thanks to Tambora, I can put this one away with this outline:

She wrote:
Don't mention land to IP.
It infuriates him that GOD promised Israel land.
And that the new covenant was promised to Israel & Judah infuriates him even more!
IP is really into replacement theology.

1, The excitement of Acts 2 was that the 'pouring out of the Spirit' had taken place. This was a gift to Messiah from the Father for Messiah's travail. The same thing is said in Eph 4 about the gifts given to men when captivity was taken captive by Messiah. This pouring out is also right in the middle of 'restoration' prophecy (in Ezekiel for ex) which D'ists think are to be taken so literally. Peter is saying it is fulfilled.

3, Peter continues to be just as enthused in ch 3 that this age in which Israel first was to be missionaries to the world was underway. Obviously this was underway with an event like Pentecost. But also it was what they had been taught was the promise by Christ (Lk 24, Acts 1). AKA the power of the kingdom that they had asked about. They NOW understood what the kingdom meant. 'Power' (authority to make declarations about things that were established by God's hand) was kingdom vocabulary; Jesus had been made Lord and Christ as David's vision had said, Acts 2:30-31.

4, This "unlikely" combination of Israel's destiny and the mission outreach through God-enabled gifts is also why Gal 3 says the Spirit is the promise, 3:14, where the grammar is saying that the Spirit is what was promised. This is why we have Peter referring to the Spirit and to the promise of including the nations in Acts 3 at the same time; they really are one manifestation.

5, Clearly, it has nothing to do with the land of Israel nor dependent on the worship system of Judaism, except as a preparatory illustration. This continues to be the case when Paul says all the same things in Acts 13's official sample sermon, and in his defense in Acts 26 where the hope of Israel is already realized and is the mission of Christ, not the thing they expect to happen by worshiping day and night at the temple. The obtaining of the land through Joshua is now a picture from Israel's past of obtaining rest in Christ from the fear of death through one's sins; remove that doctrine from Hebrews and half of it is gone.

I'm not furious about the land promise; it served its purpose; see several lines from Joshua on that. I'm furious as the inability of people like Tambora to move forward in a discussion like this to what is truly the issue. The RT remark is the same; see below.

6, D'ism is carnal and materialist, and happy to be so. It is not even remotely aware of the glorious truth as it in Christ. It is as though just a restored land would have resulted in any of this!

7, D'ism is that way (#5) just when the picture for the land of Israel could not have been worse. Rumors of total scorching by Rome were bouncing off of the mountains and desert stones since 6 AD when a general rebellion was started after the Census, Acts 5:37. "Secular" records tell us about that rebellion and the others, and Dan 8:13 said a "rebellion that desolates" was coming, but it is a 'sin' in D'ism to know such things EVEN WHEN 'SECULAR' HISTORY IS REFERRED TO IN THE BIBLE.

8, The new covenant launched at the last supper is for all people, and is found in the body and blood of Christ, but Christ was saying that much as far back as the beginning of his work anyway, because it is back at the beginning of Genesis. All the passages on the new covenant confirm that it has nothing to do with the land, and totally about the redemption from sin and death that is in Christ Jesus, Heb 8-10. Tam does not realize she is part of a Goebellian effort to snow those facts. No D'ist here has answered why Heb 9:15 confines the new covenant to a question of how sin is erased. STP said that that was "made-up" to think so.

9, There is a RT problem addressed in the NT and we should stick with that, not the 19th century one. It is in Gal 3:17 and the Judaizers had replaced the Promise of the Spirit to Reach the Nations--they had replaced THAT with the Law; or thought the mission to the nations would happen through the Law, Mt 23:15. Paul says someone had replaced the Promise and voided it with the Law; it was his career effort to get that straightened out.

Tell that to a D'ist and they have no idea what it is about.

Hi and it was good that you STOPPED at the number 9 as the number 10 also means the 10 PLAGUES of Egypt !!

DISPENSATIONALISM has been challenged for 1900 years and has prevailed !!

And it's detractors are many and Rom 5:14 and Col 1:25 and 26 and Rom 16:25 and 26 escapes them and the number of GOSPELS is beyond it's grasp !!

dan p

dan p