ECT 8 Things that sink D'ism

musterion

All liars have their place in the Lake of Fire.

IP has now crossed over into what he knows are deliberate, provable lies, and appears affected neither by conscience nor rebuke from the Word.

Interplanner

All liars have their place in the Lake of Fire.

IP has now crossed over into what he knows are deliberate, provable lies, and appears affected neither by conscience nor rebuke from the Word.

I don't think you are liars, but you have gaping mistakes in your thinking.

Please stay with detailed questions; generalizing is by nature sinful.

Interplanner

Then there is no point in saying "in advance." There is also no point in saying 'it was credited as righteousness.' There was no point in mentioning the name of Christ as having to do with righteousness.

Poorly done, poorly thought out.

This is in a passage in which the campaign is to defeat those who think the Spirit of God's work to reach the nations will come through the Law/circ. The Spirit of God was not provided to tell people around the world that Israel may someday be relocated to Judea. It was given because justification from sins was available. In Gal 3, it is called in short the promise of the Spirit. that is what shifts all the building blocks of Judaism, and for that matter, of D'ism. The announcement that that gift was available was powerful enough (Acts 1) to make men bow the knee to Jesus the Lord and Christ. That is the power of the kingdom that was expected and which arrived.

Because it changes so much about the roots of their faith, Paul also bypasses the promises to the land in rom 4 (not mentioning them at all in Gal 3) and says Abraham would be heir of the world through it. The world. That's the NHNE, although now we reign in Christ to those who know what it means to be in Christ.

It is the resurrection that fulfills whatever was promised to the fathers, because the promise always was about justification from sins, Acts 13.

I can believe you as long as D'ist doctrines hold the same weight as the Bible; but they do not. The self-organizing passages of the Bible DO NOT say what you say about the expressions that matter: justification, credited righteousness, the Lord our righteousness, etc.

Most commentaries are D'ist, so I avoid them.

Danoh

Generally speaking - "all have sinned; and come short of the glory of God."

Speaking in general, that is.

Another being, Romans 5:8.

Interplanner

What a hypocrite!

Now we know you don't have the comprehension to be here. I have posted detailed objection time and again. I don't generalize without examples. I have posted examples of:
literalism
2 programs, 2 peoples
futurism which messes up history
proof that "saved" in Romans does not mean a restored land of Israel

etc etc etc

Yes, most commentaries today on these things are D'ist, and you read a lot of them. (It doesn't have to be in book form). It is almost an unstated law that a person must believe there is some signficance to modern Israel and/or to Israel being back in its land in order for the 2nd coming in judgement to happen. Many d'ists have all their sense of the truth of the bible based on this. It is folly.

Danoh

Now we know you don't have the comprehension to be here. I have posted detailed objection time and again. I don't generalize without examples. I have posted examples of:
literalism
2 programs, 2 peoples

etc etc etc

Yes, most commentaries today on these things are D'ist, and you read a lot of them. (It doesn't have to be in book form). It is almost an unstated law that a person must believe there is some signficance to modern Israel and/or to Israel being back in its land in order for the 2nd coming in judgement to happen. Many d'ists have all their sense of the truth of the bible based on this. It is folly.

R-U-B-B-I-S-H.

I am THE FAIREST towards you of ANY Dispy on TOL.

And ya know what?

You have NEVER proven even ONE of your ANTI-DISPY assertions - NOT- A- ONE.

ALL you have EVER done is -A-S-S-E-R-T a thing is as YOU ASSERT it SUPPOSEDLY is.

Get - a - GRIP :chuckle:

SaulToPaul 2

literalism
2 programs, 2 peoples

etc etc etc

Totally made up

SaulToPaul 2

R-U-B-B-I-S-H.

I am THE FAIREST towards you of ANY Dispy on TOL.

And ya know what?

You have NEVER proven even ONE of your ANTI-DISPY assertions - NOT- A- ONE.

ALL you have EVER done is -A-S-S-E-R-T a thing is as YOU ASSERT it SUPPOSEDLY is.

Get - a - GRIP :chuckle:

Thou hast well said.

SaulToPaul 2

1, The excitement of Acts 2 was that the 'pouring out of the Spirit' had taken place. This was a gift to Messiah from the Father for Messiah's travail. The same thing is said in Eph 4 about the gifts given to men when captivity was taken captive by Messiah. This pouring out is also right in the middle of 'restoration' prophecy (in Ezekiel for ex) which D'ists think are to be taken so literally. Peter is saying it is fulfilled.

Made up.

SaulToPaul 2

3, Peter continues to be just as enthused in ch 3 that this age in which Israel first was to be missionaries to the world was underway. Obviously this was underway with an event like Pentecost. But also it was what they had been taught was the promise by Christ (Lk 24, Acts 1). AKA the power of the kingdom that they had asked about. They NOW understood what the kingdom meant. 'Power' (authority to make declarations about things that were established by God's hand) was kingdom vocabulary; Jesus had been made Lord and Christ as David's vision had said, Acts 2:30-31.

Made up.
Matthew 10:23 (KJV)

SaulToPaul 2

4, This "unlikely" combination of Israel's destiny and the mission outreach through God-enabled gifts is also why Gal 3 says the Spirit is the promise, 3:14, where the grammar is saying that the Spirit is what was promised. This is why we have Peter referring to the Spirit and to the promise of including the nations in Acts 3 at the same time; they really are one manifestation.

Totally made up.