8/6 Republican Debate Thread

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Oh, you feel you are being misrepresented?
It's a very funny request, given his practice of late. And by funny I mean, well, there's chrys for you. What's he going to do, report sarcasm/satire noted with a heavy hand? Put me on ignore? Hit me with a scathing series of one point negative liner notes?

:eek: That's the thing about someone like him. He's lost leverage because he has nothing to offer and less to hold over. So long as he continues to act like a dishonest weasel instead of the guy he has been and could be, well, being the recipient of his displeasure is as troubling as being on a Klan enemies list.

it is a very dishonest thing to do
No, it isn't. Changing your words without noting the change would be. Noting it and placing the change in bold is satire. No one reading it would think it was meant to portray what you wrote, though what I wrote in bold is absolutely true and could as easily be said in rebuttal, which remains the point.

But to be a better man than you've been at any point I just put it outside of the quote and made the point anyway. Because even the slimmest possibility of someone misunderstanding what I was doing, what you willfully did with a few of your remarks that weren't qualified is enough to move me off the practice.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
thank you
If you don't correct the "correct your misquote" part before the thank you I'm going to put it back, because however you feel about it that wasn't a misquote, wasn't an attempt to deceive anyone and you're waving a victory flag over it in that fashion is about to change my mind again.

Your choice.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
If you don't correct the "correct your misquote" part before the thank you I'm going to put it back, because however you feel about it that wasn't a misquote, wasn't an attempt to deceive anyone and you're waving a victory flag over it in that fashion is about to change my mind again.

Your choice.

thank you for correcting it

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
This is some thread. Did we decide who won the debate yet?

Looks like the minor league winner and up and comer for the Republicans, Fiorina, is starting to draw some negative attention. I read an article, I believe in Forbes, that tells me she's in for a rough handling. She's been noticed and now the powers are starting to talk. Her tenure as CEO is being examined and none too kindly.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
town's misquote of me
You mean this:

there he goes again bringing up what a conservative Court did that is still causing death and destruction?
Fixed that for you. Which, for those who might not understand it, means that the bold part is not set out as an actual part of the quote but in rebuttal to the words that were there in the original.
:plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So why was chrys trying so hard to make a mountain out of a hole in the ground?

Because he didn't want to address this part:

...he wants you to ignore what is happening now
he is okay with what is happening now
This is just chrys lying again, like when he said I wrote something about Kennedy he couldn't reproduce.

Don't look at the hand he's waving in the air. Look at the hand he's playing. That's where the cards are.

he won't admit that democrats are now killing babies and jobs
See how he tied in jobs?

Chrys wants to kill the Dem party, but it isn't just because they support the abortion mill his party set in motion. He has a range of issues tied to his ideology. That's why instead of staying on point he drags in jobs, which is debatable as an issue, but terrific as self exposure goes.

That's why he avoided my "anyone on our side of the issue is an ally" and "it's easier to move people on an issue than to move them on a host of issues". Chrys' makes sense when you really look at him.

Else, some Dems and some Republicans are likely killing babies, as doctors and as individuals making the wrong choice. Some Dems have fought for women to continue to have the right to do the wrong thing. Fewer within that party have fought against it. And many Republicans have fought to restrict the practice. Fewer to actually end it and a few to support it, as many Democrats do.

And everyone on the side of the angels, regardless of party, is an ally. Unless you're motivation is other and entangled.

Unless you're Chrys, apparently.

Like I said, don't be distracted by the waving hand. Take a look at what he's really holding.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Isn't trickle down economics the core philosophy of the republican party (now referred to as "pro growth economics")?
Hardly any Republican or conservative these days is talking about "trickle down." This makes me believe that the entire concept is no longer held in such high regard these days.

It was interesting how the anti-Trump wing of the party has released an old interview of Trump who was saying the American economy always does better under Democrats than Republicans.

Those who study economics closely have known the truth of this for years. I wonder now if the GOP that backs Trump will finally admit to the truth of this evidence.