79 Percent of Evangelicals See Violence in Middle East as Sign End Times Are Near

79 Percent of Evangelicals See Violence in Middle East as Sign End Times Are Near

• Yes, and I am a christian

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • No, and I am a christian

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Yes, I am not a christian but have my own end times beliefs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I am not a christian and hold no such beliefs in any faith or lack of

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

glorydaz

We've been living in the last days for the past 2,000 years according to Acts 2:17, Hebrews 1:2, 1 Peter 1:20, 2 Peter 3:3, 1 John 2:18, Jude 1:18.

Seems to me you left out some important verses....which according to them, the end couldn't come until the Jews returned to their homeland. During those intervening years, Jews had been saying, "Next year in Jerusalem". They finally got there in 1948....they no longer need to say that.

genuineoriginal

I would be hesitant, just from a historical perspective. These kind of theories are pretty common throughout since Christ. How well does this line up with scriptural prophecy?
Almost all of scriptural prophecy deals with the children of Israel, the land of Israel, and the nations surrounding Israel.

It is only natural to look at the Middle East for signs that prophecy is being fulfilled.

Many people that believe in Bible prophecy are looking for this to happen:

Isaiah 17:1
1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.​

genuineoriginal

I disagree. I believe scriptural prophecy deals almost exclusively with Christ and His kingdom.
There is a lot in the Bible about this:

Jeremiah 29:14
14 And I will be found of you, saith the Lord: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the Lord; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.​

This Charming Manc

I believe the end times started, early in what most would call the church age.

Thus the question is are we approaching the end times of the 'last days'.....
I don't know I get caught I think we have been here before.... and hmm something different now.

I think we should be ready ........ but not put our faith in foolishness and wild predictions

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
We've been living in the last days for the past 2,000 years according to Acts 2:17, Hebrews 1:2, 1 Peter 1:20, 2 Peter 3:3, 1 John 2:18, Jude 1:18.

Seems to me you left out some important verses....which according to them, the end couldn't come until the Jews returned to their homeland. During those intervening years, Jews had been saying, "Next year in Jerusalem". They finally got there in 1948....they no longer need to say that.

I'm a middle-aged man who was raised on a steady diet of books by Hal Lindsey, Jack Van Impe, and the like. The 1980s were supposed to be "the countdown to Armageddon". Israel was founded in 1948 and "that generation shall not pass away until all things are fulfilled". A biblical generation is 40 years, we were told. 1948 plus 40 is 1988. That was supposed to be a big year, but we're still here. After 1988, it was supposed to be 1991, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2008, etc...

We futurists keep hoping for 1 Thessalonians 4:16, but we keep getting Matthew 24:6. I'm afraid that Matthew 24:6 is what we're going to keep getting for a long, long time to come.

Last edited:

glorydaz

I'm a middle-aged man who was raised on a steady diet of books by Hal Lindsey, Jack Van Impe, and the like. The 1980s were supposed to be "the countdown to Armageddon". Israel was founded in 1948 and "that generation shall not pass away until all things are fulfilled". A biblical generation is 40 years, we were told. 1948 plus 40 is 1988. That was supposed to be a big year, but we're still here. After 1988, it was supposed to be 1991, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2008, etc...

We futurists keep hoping for 1 Thessalonians 4:16, but we keep getting Matthew 24:6. I'm afraid that Matthew 24:6 is what we're going to keep getting for a long, long time to come.

You were told wrong. :chew:

Psalm 90:10
The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.​

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
You were told wrong. :chew:

Psalm 90:10
The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.​

Actually, I seem to recall that Hal Lindsey did throw a small caveat into his The Late Great Planet Earth about the possibility that he could be wrong on the 1988 date, and that it could be 2028. So of course there will be many more charlitans coming out of the woodwork between now and then to separate you from your money with new books about prophecies of the Second Coming, e.g.:

http://www.charismanews.com/us/34832-bible-scholar-predicts-new-date-of-christs-second-coming

2028 will come and go, but sheeple will be none the wiser. There is nothing new under the sun.

glorydaz

Actually, I seem to recall that Hal Lindsey did throw a small caveat into his The Late Great Planet Earth about the possibility that he could be wrong on the 1988 date, and that it could be 2028. So of course there will be many more charlitans coming out of the woodwork between now and then to separate you from your money with new books about prophecies of the Second Coming, e.g.:

http://www.charismanews.com/us/34832-bible-scholar-predicts-new-date-of-christs-second-coming

2028 will come and go, but sheeple will be none the wiser. There is nothing new under the sun.

We were never meant to know the exact time, and there is only one Book we need to read. As a woman in labor is aware the "main event" is coming, believers watch the signs. The signs cannot be ignored. Before they came, we couldn't predict exactly how it would be, but as they progress, we'd be fools to ignore them.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
We were never meant to know the exact time, and there is only one Book we need to read. As a woman in labor is aware the "main event" is coming, believers watch the signs. The signs cannot be ignored. Before they came, we couldn't predict exactly how it would be, but as they progress, we'd be fools to ignore them.

Christians have been seeing "signs" for the past 2,000 years. Every generation from then until now has taken Bible prophecy and applied it to the times and events in which they lived, all for naught. We continue to do so today, but the end is not yet.

Again, Acts 2:16-17, Hebrews 1:2, 1 Peter 1:20 and 1 John 2:18 all state that the time the Apostles were living in was "the last days". These "last days" have lasted nearly 2,000 years and counting. There is no real reason to suppose they won't last another 2,000 years, or 200,000 years for that matter.

whitestone

Curiously,if their are the many references to the wrath being poured out on those who had the mark,the number,or who worshiped the image of the beast,,,then the events taking place today cannot precede the two marks.

glorydaz

Christians have been seeing "signs" for the past 2,000 years. Every generation from then until now has taken Bible prophecy and applied it to the times and events in which they lived, all for naught. We continue to do so today, but the end is not yet.

Again, Acts 2:16-17, Hebrews 1:2, 1 Peter 1:20 and 1 John 2:18 all state that the time the Apostles were living in was "the last days". These "last days" have lasted nearly 2,000 years and counting. There is no real reason to suppose they won't last another 2,000 years, or 200,000 years for that matter.

You can look at this world, with man's ability to destroy it, and say that with a straight face? Hmmm...:think:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I believe the end times started, early in what most would call the church age.

Thus the question is are we approaching the end times of the 'last days'.....

1 John 2:18 is particularly blunt. John told his addressees that they were living in "the last hour" of the last days. This has been one mighty long hour. I expect it will continue for a longer time still.

whitestone

Curiously,if their are the many references to the wrath being poured out on those who had the mark,the number,or who worshiped the image of the beast,,,then the events taking place today cannot precede the two marks.

consider it,,,79% of ect. believe the events they see going on are fulfillment of things written concerning those who received the mark. ,,,,

Turn it around,,,,who believes that the beast is here,we are receiving his mark(or not), and so the things we are seeing are the plagues being poured out on those who were deceived and received it?