79 Percent of Evangelicals See Violence in Middle East as Sign End Times Are Near

79 Percent of Evangelicals See Violence in Middle East as Sign End Times Are Near

• Yes, and I am a christian

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • No, and I am a christian

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Yes, I am not a christian but have my own end times beliefs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I am not a christian and hold no such beliefs in any faith or lack of

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Interplanner

There are no 'events' in the middle east or Israel that need to take place for the ordinary-language passages of the NT about the 2nd coming to be true or fulfilled. that's Rom 2, 8, 11, I Cor 15, 2 Tim 2, I Jn 2, 4, Heb 9, 2 Pet 3.

We should not start doctrines from the Rev, because it says it was about the trauma of the 1st century Judea and the 'stoning' of the 'harlot', and those 7 churches were refugee Jewish Christians who relocated in Little Asia.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Israel has been "regathering" for nearly 70 years now, and the gospel has been preached for nearly 2,000 years. How much longer do you think it will take?

I think you're missing the point of 1 John 2:18. John wrote that they were not only in "the last days" but that they were in "the last hour" of the last days. In other words, he wrote that they were at the very end of the last days. That was 2,000 years ago. This has been one mighty long hour.

Bumpum.

glorydaz

Israel has been "regathering" for nearly 70 years now, and the gospel has been preached for nearly 2,000 years. How much longer do you think it will take?

I think you're missing the point of 1 John 2:18. John wrote that they were not only in "the last days" but that they were in "the last hour" of the last days. In other words, he wrote that they were at the very end of the last days. That was 2,000 years ago. This has been one mighty long hour.

Even if that was the "point" of that text......

Psalm 90:4
For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

2 Peter 3:8
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.​

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Even if that was the "point" of that text......

Psalm 90:4
For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

2 Peter 3:8
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.​

Yes, one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

And one day is with us as one day, and a thousand years as a thousand years.