2006 TOL Fantasy Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbrumley

Joe, this is not your fault. I messed up.

The problem is I want to include everyone who wants to play. This season, we had a number of owners who decided to leave, for whatever reason. So in my search for replacements, I accepted everyone who wanted to play.

Just before I could rescind an invite, everyone basically at once signed up. And I mean signed up to the league homepage. So it put the league over the limit.

So as of right now, we have 1 more team than we should. And unfortunately, that's you.

If it was just up to me, I would include you. But there is a law I made for this league. It states:

IX. Amendments/Rule Changes
-Once the league rules have been finalized and approved for the following years, each off-season the owners will have until June 1st to submit rule changes to be voted upon by the league before July 1st. Rule changes will need a majority vote (7 owners) and results of rule votes will be posted prior to July 1st.

Unfortunately, nobody, including myself made any amendments as to expansion. So all the rules which apply last year, also apply this year. This rule specifically.

I. Divisions and Schedule

A. TOL/TruthSmack Fantasy Football League will consist of 3 divisions of 4 teams. Starting in the 2005 season, teams are placed in divisions according to the order of finish the prior season…1st, 4th, 7th and 10th teams are in the Gulf Coast, 2nd, 5th, 8th and 11th are in the Great Plains, and 3rd, 6th, 9th and 12th are in the Rocky Mountain.

I did try to figure a way to include you. I also asked a few more folks if they wanted to play to even it out. They said they would, but it seems the league will not approve that. So unless I hear from the owners to also include Granite, Crash and 1 other team, then there is absolutely nothing I can do.

I hope this explains the situation now. And I hope you understand. It pains me to say no. It really does.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
drbrumley said:

The problem is I want to include everyone who wants to play. This season, we had a number of owners who decided to leave, for whatever reason. So in my search for replacements, I accepted everyone who wanted to play.

Just before I could rescind an invite, everyone basically at once signed up. And I mean signed up to the league homepage. So it put the league over the limit.

So as of right now, we have 1 more team than we should. And unfortunately, that's you.

If it was just up to me, I would include you. But there is a law I made for this league. It states:

-Once the league rules have been finalized and approved for the following years, each off-season the owners will have until June 1st to submit rule changes to be voted upon by the league before July 1st. Rule changes will need a majority vote (7 owners) and results of rule votes will be posted prior to July 1st.

Unfortunately, nobody, including myself made any amendments as to expansion. So all the rules which apply last year, also apply this year. This rule specifically.

I did try to figure a way to include you. I also asked a few more folks if they wanted to play to even it out. They said they would, but it seems the league will not approve that. So unless I hear from the owners to also include Granite, Crash and 1 other team, then there is absolutely nothing I can do.

I hope this explains the situation now. And I hope you understand. It pains me to say no. It really does.

How hard would it be to start a 2nd league? We could keep our Keeper League and the 2nd one could be a 'new draft every season' league.. I'd play in both of them. I'll even pay the bills.

Better decide soon, though.

Outlaw

drbrumley said:
So unless I hear from the owners to also include Granite, Crash and 1 other team, then there is absolutely nothing I can do.

By one other team, are you referring to Joe?

Since there are only 3 divisions won't those 3 teams even them up?

I vote yes.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Outlaw said:
By one other team, are you referring to Joe?

Since there are only 3 divisions won't those 3 teams even them up?

I vote yes.

How do you propose new teams enter a 'Keeper League'? Do they not start with any players from last year, since they didn't play last year?

Mr. 5020

drbrumley said:

Joe can have my team. I got to play last year. :cheers:

Outlaw

BillyBob said:
How do you propose new teams enter a 'Keeper League'? Do they not start with any players from last year, since they didn't play last year?

Allow each of the existing teams to pick 2 players in the draft before the new teams get to make their first pick. Then they would make their final picks after we are through picking.

Does doc have the abilty to set that up?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
drbrumley said:
:sigh: This is exactly what i did not want to see happen.

Then just stick to the existing rules, Doc. It's the easiest way out of controversy and the only fair solution.

drbrumley

Here's the deal guys, we have enough folks to make 1 more division of 4 teams.

I have already figured it out. All the newcomers pick two players now to make them even with us. Then they are in the draft like we are. After Billybob makes his first round pick, then they pick.

Mr. 5020

drbrumley said:
:sigh: This is exactly what i did not want to see happen. Referring to Mr 5020's post.
I mean, it's your call. I'm just saying that I'm willing to give it up for a TOL brother. :)

Your call, doc.

Outlaw

drbrumley said:
Here's the deal guys, we have enough folks to make 1 more division of 4 teams.

I have already figured it out. All the newcomers pick two players now to make them even with us. Then they are in the draft like we are.

No way! They get to pick from the cream of the crop?

Then let one of them have my team, and I'll pick from the best players available.

Make my vote a no.

drbrumley

Mr. 5020 said:
I mean, it's your call. I'm just saying that I'm willing to give it up for a TOL brother. :)

Your call, doc.
I prefer you stay. I value you and everyone else in this league. This league would not be as good as it is without the fine folks here. It sucked for me, that Lucky and E4E decided to not play this year.

drbrumley

Outlaw said:
No way! They get to pick from the cream of the crop?

Then let one of them have my team, and I'll pick from the best players available.

Make my vote a no.
I edited that post before you replyed.

Mr. 5020

drbrumley said:
I prefer you stay. I value you and everyone else in this league. This league would not be as good as it is without the fine folks here. It sucked for me, that Lucky and E4E decided to not play this year.
I'll stay then.

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.