2004 TOL Fantasy Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbrumley

No one would have individual running backs, like the defense, there are no individual defensive players.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
We barely have enough individual RBs to go around, so, wouldn't team RB's make it worse? :think: It sounds like something to think about, though.

drbrumley

Found this article here but Ill share a clip of it.

All of you who have been playing fantasy football for a while will remember the old days in Tampa Bay when Warrick Dunn would rip off an 40 yard run and get shoved out of bounds at the one. In comes Mike Alstott to run in for the TD. This posed multiple problems for us. One TDs are worth 6 points, which is a fair amount of points. So Dunn gets the 40 yard run worth 4 (1 point for every 10 yds rushing) and Alstott gets the TD worth 6 points. Very frustrating for the Dunn owner. Also, which was more valuable to the team, that 1 yd run by Alstott or the 40 yard dash by Dunn? The solution: we liked the team QB concept so much we came up with the radical idea of the team RB concept. The Dunn Alstott dilemma was solved. This is the most radical concept I know of in Fantasy Football.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I noticed that very thing with some of my RB's, it kinda sucks. However, I think it would be less fair to assign an entire Rushing team to each FF Owner, he/she could end up getting even less rushing points if he gets a crappy team. At least with individual players, each coach has the possibility of trading.

I would be in favor of making it possible to field 4 RB's and 2 WR's if an owner chooses.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I've also noticed that some QB's pass for TD's more than others. The QB's who hand the ball off to an RB don't get any points when an RB scores but he gets 6 points when a WR scores. That seems a little uneven to me. I think the 'handing' QB should get points for the TD as well.

drbrumley

Originally posted by BillyBob

I noticed that very thing with some of my RB's, it kinda sucks. However, I think it would be less fair to assign an entire Rushing team to each FF Owner, he/she could end up getting even less rushing points if he gets a crappy team. At least with individual players, each coach has the possibility of trading.

I would be in favor of making it possible to field 4 RB's and 2 WR's if an owner chooses.

This is good.

drbrumley

Originally posted by BillyBob

I've also noticed that some QB's pass for TD's more than others. The QB's who hand the ball off to an RB don't get any points when an RB scores but he gets 6 points when a WR scores. That seems a little uneven to me. I think the 'handing' QB should get points for the TD as well.

And this is bad.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
OK, then next year go with my Good Idea.

I'm not sure why my other idea was bad, though. :noid:

It's not like I suggested requiring 'Centers' on each team and allowing them points for each TD.

:idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.