1 of 5 for GT to Debate (The entire book of Galatians)

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Nope, it's about God's kingdom. (Mark 12:27)

Revelation 21:1

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea no longer existed.

Jesus death was the passing away of this kingdom of dust's authority that was in the Dragon's assertion of condemnation through disobedience.

The Spiritual Kingdom is now within us, but the tangible Spiritual kingdom hasn't been revealed to us yet.

We are still dwelling in this Kingdom of dust that Jesus has authority over.

But glory to glory will be full revelation.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

God's Truth

Since heaven and earth have not passed away it should be obvious that the law has not been fulfilled.

Heaven and earth did NOT have to pass away BECAUSE Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets.

That means that everything the Prophets said, was about Jesus; it also means the Law was about Jesus, and he fulfilled the Law.

Jesus said he came to fulfill and you claim he did not do what he came to do.

Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Even in Paul's day the law foreshadowed things to come.

THE SHADOW WAS OF JESUS. Jesus came and there are NO MORE SHADOWS.

When a light is behind a man, the shadow is in front of him, when the man comes closer, the shadow is no longer there.

The Mosaic law prohibited human sacrifice. Jesus died for sin in spite of the law.

Sounds like you have been getting confused by Jews who reject the truth.

The Old Testament spoke about a man dying for sins.

Isaiah 53:11 After he has suffered, he will see the light of life and be satisfied; by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities.

Isaiah 53:6
All of us like sheep have gone astray, Each of us has turned to his own way; But the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all To fall on Him.

Isaiah 53:12
Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great, And He will divide the booty with the strong; Because He poured out Himself to death, And was numbered with the transgressors; Yet He Himself bore the sin of many, And interceded for the transgressors.
How could something excluded by the law be a fulfillment of the law?

Jesus is no mere man. Jesus is God come in the flesh and died for us and bore our sins.

God's Truth

Are you claiming that has been fulfilled? Is North Korea being blessed through Abraham? Is Syria being blessed? Iran?

Who are you trying to fool?

You do not believe what is plainly written.

All the different nations are blessed because of Jesus. It used to be just the Jews were blessed.

God's Truth

Nope, it's about God's kingdom. (Mark 12:27)

God's kingdom is inside the body of Christ. When we are saved, Jesus puts us in his body, and he also gives us the kingdom of heaven in our hearts, himself, the Holy Spirit of God the Father.

God's Truth

How much do I really have to type here? This is straight forward. After that long post that tied up chapter 2, I'm going to go straight into chapter 3.

Galatians 3 (HCSB)

3 You foolish Galatians! Who has hypnotized you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was vividly portrayed as crucified?

Paul is building in his frustration. He asks the Galatians how they could be so gullible.
I always wonder if Paul opened this with the words he was really thinking. It's pretty obvious he is livid. He asks the Galatians who deceived them and drew them away from the simplicity of the gospel.

He then asks them why they have forgotten every word about the sacrifice of Jesus. He basically had popped in Mel Gibson's "The Passion" and explained how God coming and dying for them was such a big deal!
Eh, let’s not bring in Mel’s Gibson’s Catholic influence of the cross.

As for Paul’s frustration, I do not think he was livid, I think he was saddened about all the work he did with the Galatians, all the saved Galatians have to have the truth, the Christ, formed in them all over again. Paul compares it to labor pains of a woman giving birth.

Galatians 4:19 My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you,

I know, I gave a scripture from a chapter we are not yet in, but it had to be done.

Paul compares the teaching, persuading, and convincing that he did to save the Galatians, to get them saved to have the Holy Spirit living inside them…all that labor/work…would have to be done again!

2 I only want to learn this from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law or by hearing with faith?

Paul is essentially frustrated as goodness and is struggling to keep cool headed in spite of how angry he obviously is.

Paul immediately divides the difference between Absolute Faith and Obedience to Moses.
Our faith and obedience to Christ is not different from obeying Moses.
You are now separating the fact that Moses, a Prophet, and the Law given to him is ALL ABOUT JESUS. You cannot separate Moses from Christ.

For those of you that hate the idea that the old covenant is all of Moses and believe absolute Faith (Alone) is a lie, you should probably throw your bible away. Paul is working up to some serious Grace by faith (Alone) verbiage.

Be careful how you judge, for the measure you use will be measured to you…you in your misunderstanding might condemn others, but then find that you have only condemned yourself.

Just think about this for now…FAITH, ALONE, IS DEAD. It cannot save ANYONE. See James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.
If you feel you are righteous and better than an Athiest or an outright, raging sinner because of your righteousness through obedience to any part of Moses, throw your bible away. Paul is about to hurt your feelings.

Obeying God is what is required. Jesus is God and we have to obey Jesus, for Jesus is the one who saves.

3 Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now going to be made complete by the flesh?

Spirit = Holy Spirit of Jesus that comes through Faith and Love (Alone) in Jesus, as your Perfection. This means that you understand that Jesus is your sole righteousness.

The moment you have faith in this, you are instantly complete in ALL of your salvational needs for a lifetime and eternity. He is your cloak of Righteousness that covers your dying and sinful flesh.

That is not the truth. Jesus saves us WHEN HE ACCEPTS us. Jesus saves those who BELIEVE AND OBEYS HIM.

See Acts 15:8, Acts 5:32, and John 14:23.

Flesh = Obeying any standard of Moses to believe you are completing Jesus work of salvation on any level. Judgment and Condemnation come with using Moses as your measuring stick.
When using Moses WITHOUT recognizing the Spirit in what Moses said, you have now taken away the truth about Jesus FULFILLING WHAT MOSES SAID AND THE LAW. You had just explained to Jamie how Jesus fulfilled what Moses said! Now in your confusion you have completely done away with that and have nailed obedience to the cross. God did NOT nail obedience to the cross! God did not nail Jesus’ words to the cross, the word of Jesus WHO SAYS repent or perish, and blessed rather are those who hear and do it.

If Moses brings you any personal assurance or spiritual pride, you're not doing it right.

If you judge and condemn any human being by standards found in Moses, you're not doing it right! No matter who is telling you to condemn or judge by Moses, you mustn't believe a word they say.

4 Did you suffer so much for nothing—if in fact it was for nothing?

Did you get shunned by Jews, Greeks and government to the point of fearing for your lives for nothing. Have you lost your jobs for nothing? Have you helped spread the simple message of Jesus's powerful blood for nothing? Are you seriously risking your lives for the pure and simple Gospel message that you are now rejecting?

5 So then, does God supply you with the Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law or by hearing with faith?

Does the spiritual revelation of Jesus's teachings and the working of amazing miracles occur all around you, in you and come from you because of Faith (ALONE) and the Spirit that comes with Faith (ALONE)? Did you receive the fruits of the Spirit from Faith (Alone)?

No one receives the Spirit of God by faith alone.

You have now entered your false beliefs…right about where you did earlier in the other scriptures we spoke of.

Or, does any good thing come from obedience to Moses and judgment towards your fellow man?
Obeying Moses nowadays is IMPOSSIBLE unless you obey Jesus!!!

We OBEY Moses by obeying Jesus.

We go to the tent/temple, to the High Priest, with an animal sacrifice, when we believe AND OBEY JESUS.

6 Just as Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him for righteousness,

Abraham trusted that God is good. He believed that God provided all of His needs and saw God provide all of his needs. By Abraham's Faith Alone, he was counted Righteous. As in, void of judgment by the Law of obedience. All of his sins are blotted away with the death of Jesus!

NO!!!!!!!! Abraham’s faith ALONE BEFORE CIRCUMCISION.

Abraham’s faith was even TESTED by WHAT HE DID!

Do you understand how that rebukes what you are saying?

You have no understanding about fulfillment, and about faith without works.

We are not told that our obedience will condemn us that is insanity, just as Peter says, and then Peter WARNS us to obey! See 2 Peter 3:16, 17.

7 then understand that those who have faith are Abraham’s sons.

If you can simply understand Faith alone, then you are given Jesus's cloak of righteousness and salvation is guaranteed by Jesus's payment of your entire life's debt of sin; past, present and future!

Faith alone WITHOUT CIRCUMCISION!!!!!!!! CIRCUMCISION!!!!!! Circumcision is the WORK THAT NO ONE HAS TO DO ANYMORE!!! Not OBEDIENCE!

8 Now the Scripture saw in advance that God would justify the Gentiles by faith and told the good news ahead of time to Abraham, saying, All the nations will be blessed through you.

Jesus always knew He would save all of mankind through His death and resurrection.

Jesus told Abraham that He would bless the entire human race through the Son of the Promise (Jesus) that would be born of the lineage of his (Abraham's) son of Promise. (Isaac)

We are saved by FAITH THAT we do NOT have to get circumcised and we do NOT have to offer animals, but that does NOT MEAN WE DO NOT HAVE TO OBEY JESUS’ TEACHINGS.

We are saved by FAITH THAT JESUS FORGIVES and WASHES US CLEAN of the SINS we REPENT OF DOING.

9 So those who have faith are blessed with Abraham, who had faith.

All you have to do is put your complete faith in Jesus as you are. This will instantly make you as right with God as you have read Abraham to be.

You and Abraham become co heirs with Jesus by your Faith, void of human effort in Jesus!

A lie perpetuated by the devil, for who but the devil would be behind us not having to obey God, and even disqualifying people for obeying?!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Heaven and earth did NOT have to pass away BECAUSE Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets.

That is one of the most absurd claims I have ever read. I'll agree that for the most part Jesus complied with the parts of the law that applied to him but I fail to see how a man could fulfill the ordinances for women since they did not apply to him or any other man.

I also fail to see how Jesus fulfilled the law for the Levites since he wasn't a Levite.

Even if Jesus had somehow fulfilled the law for women and Levites what does that have to do with the church of God?

The church of God is not subject to Mosaic law and never has been. Your point is moot. Invalid. Doesn't apply. Irrelevant. Inane.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
That is one of the most absurd claims I have ever read. I'll agree that for the most part Jesus complied with the parts of the law that applied to him but I fail to see how a man could fulfill the ordinances for women since they did not apply to him or any other man.

I also fail to see how Jesus fulfilled the law for the Levites since he wasn't a Levite.

Even if Jesus had somehow fulfilled the law for women and Levites what does that have to do with the church of God?

The church of God is not subject to Mosaic law and never has been. Your point is moot. Invalid. Doesn't apply. Irrelevant. Inane.
Jamie,

Do you believe Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of the Father and is indeed The Express image Of God who was fully God as well as Fully man?

Philippines 2:

5*Make your own attitude that of Christ Jesus,

6*who, existing in the form of God,
did not consider equality with God
as something to be used for His own advantage.[a]
7*Instead He emptied Himself
by assuming the form of a slave,
taking on the likeness of men.
And when He had come as a man
in His external form,
8*He humbled Himself by becoming obedient
to the point of death—
even to death on a cross.
9*For this reason God highly exalted Him
and gave Him the name
that is above every name,
10*so that at the name of Jesus
every knee will bow—
of those who are in heaven*and on earth
and under the earth—
11*and every tongue*should confess
that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory*of God the Father.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

Jesus said he came to fulfill the law. Blind, ignorant, and ensnared you says he did not.

Go think about that for a while.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

re #7,
you may find that you have to redo some sections because later Galatian material may drastically changed earlier.

If I understand you correctly, you are pointing out what Daqq pointed out, but I addressed this in the second chunk of Galatians and added to my initial post.

I have addressed the way Daqq and I were in disagreement, and I am slowly expounding on the way curse does ties to The old covenant law/Moses throughout all of it.

It is a reoccurring theme in all of Pauls writings, but directly obvious in Galatians through repetition.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Interplanner

If I understand you correctly, you are pointing out what Daqq pointed out, but I addressed this in the second chunk of Galatians and added to my initial post.

I have addressed the way Daqq and I were in disagreement, and I am slowly expounding on the way curse does ties to The old covenant law/Moses throughout all of it.

It is a reoccurring theme in all of Pauls writings, but directly obvious in Galatians through repetition.

Can you give an example so I don't have to sift through 196 posts?