1 of 5 for GT to Debate (The entire book of Galatians)

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Jesus quoted the Law of Moses with regard to love.

You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself, I am the LORD. (Leviticus 19:18)​
Jamie,

The new one that's an old one, but the new one. 😉. I cannot argue with you there. That awkward moment when we completely agree on something. 😃

Sent from my HTC One M9 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Jamie Gigliotti

One other thing, I haven't gotten to 6:8 yet. I only want to evaluate Galatians Chronologically. I stated this close to the OP. I understand that you just jumped in, and your input is excellent.

However, there is a reason Paul focuses so strongly on faith alone and how incompatible the old and new wine are. This is why I'm not there yet.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

I understand your methodology in breaking it down.

The way God has enabled me to see the understanding of Himself and the Gospel (Good News) as Paul presents it in his letters is a whole picture, where the chapters compliment each other and bring insight to the others.

God's Truth

The way God has enabled me to see the understanding of Himself and the Gospel (Good News) as Paul presents it in his letters is a whole picture, where the chapters compliment each other and bring insight to the others.

God enabled you?

You speak as a Calvinist, or a Lutheran. Do you want to explain how you were ENABLED?

God's Truth

Jesus quoted the Law of Moses with regard to love.

You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself, I am the LORD. (Leviticus 19:18)​

You do not quite got it right.

In Leviticus, we are told to love our neighbor. In Leviticus, the neighbor was a person who was like you.

However, when Jesus says love your neighbor, he is speaking of everyone, even those not like you.

So you see, it is the old law that Jesus is speaking, except he changes it, because there is a new law, and a new covenant.

God's Truth

My reply is in the posts I linked interplanner to.

I'm not writing books to only have to summarize them later.

Please sift through them.

Respect and Peace.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

We are not all here just to listen to you. You have to listen to us too, so reply to what we say. You are picking and choosing what you want to respond to. Respond now to my response to your explanation of the next scriptures you wanted to talk about!

God's Truth

Well spoken.

The intimacy yields works (fruits) of the Spirit that are measured by Love. We count nothing that comes from this obedience as our work.

You do NOT say what the scriptures say. The scriptures say OUR WORK is to do God's will, which is God's commands, God's teachings.

Now that you know the truth, why don't you submit your thoughts to God's?

No matter how righteous others think we are, or how righteous we think we are, we count our fleshly righteousness/deeds loss.

That is insane. How many times do you have to be corrected while you merely go on as if you did not see and hear?

Our righteous acts of OBEYING JESUS is LIFE!!! It is NOT a loss.

It is simply the Loving work of the Spirit of Christ within us and through us. It is an effortless result of our "love affair" with God.

But you just said it was a loss! You need to check your preaching more carefully. Sounds like you have the teachings of men mixed with the teachings of God.

Not only that, you said it was effortless!

It is His righteousness alone.

It is simply the Spirit working through our perpetual recognition that we kneel upon the blade of repentance and the revelation that sin dwells in our flesh and God knows more about our failure then we will ever know.

If you are still so sinful, then you are not speaking God's Truth.

Because God responds so intimately by providing His work of righteousness through Jesus, we are led by the strongest calling of the human condition.

Utterly, Unconditional Love.

No such thing as unconditional love from God.

If God loves us unconditionally, then no one has to obey anything God says.

Though our flesh fails, the Love of Jesus sustains all of our salvational and Spiritual Growth needs.
You say that, but I go by what Jesus says. Jesus says eternal life is given to OVERCOMERS.

God's Truth

Actually, the Father defines love. He said if you love your neighbor don't murder him, don't steal from him, etc.

The Father watched his Son be beaten, nailed to a piece of wood and die. That's tough for any parent.

Exactly, and Jesus forgave those people, BUT those people, to be forgiven, they must repent of what they did AND forgive others.

God's Truth

I think we both express this, my verbiage is to kneel on the blade of repentance. It is a constant soul dependence on the Spirit of Love.

I add, that this yields an effortless surrender.

Jesus indeed fights for us, while we simply keep still in our soul.

We surrender to and follow the Love of ALL Ages that yields the most meaning out of our existence, here to eternity.

Are you kidding?

Sometimes it is effortless, but sometimes it is also a TRAINING.

Train ourselves. Work out our salvation.

Luke 6:40
A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.

1 Corinthians 9:25
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

1 Timothy 4:7, 8
Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Titus 2:4
Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children,

Hebrews 5:14
But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Hebrews 12:11
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

God's Truth

One other thing, I haven't gotten to 6:8 yet. I only want to evaluate Galatians Chronologically. I stated this close to the OP. I understand that you just jumped in, and your input is excellent.

However, there is a reason Paul focuses so strongly on faith alone and how incompatible the old and new wine are. This is why I'm not there yet.

Paul does NOT teach faith alone to mean faith without obedience!!!

Paul teaches faith alone without the WORK of circumcision!!!

Interplanner

Paul does NOT teach faith alone to mean faith without obedience!!!

Paul teaches faith alone without the WORK of circumcision!!!

But we must realize that when he speaks of the Spirit's work, he does switch over to fruit, not works. In Gal 5. The works of the flesh are one kind, but when describing the fruit (not works) of the Spirit, he says 'about these there is no law.' A better translation is: 'you don't make laws about these because they emerge naturally since you have a completely different dynamic in relation to God.' The Gospel's message is such that the persona is changed, almost unconsciously. It's better if unconciously. You forgive because you were forgiven.

That guy in Mt 18's parable got into trouble by his misconception of what he had been offered about the million dollar debt. He thought he was offered MORE TIME. So his response was 'I will repay you.' That's not what he was offered. He was offered cancellation. This totally changed how he treated others.

Epoisses

No such thing as unconditional love from God.

If God loves us unconditionally, then no one has to obey anything God says.

God's love is unconditional. Jesus said God makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good and sends his rain on the just and the unjust. You as a sinner can never meet the conditions required to receive God's love but you are too blind to see that.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

I completely agree with all individual books being a total equation. Unfortunately, some have their foundation on sand. I am trying to systematically move through this to ensure to make plain the warnings of building on sand/dust/flesh.

I know that only the Spirit can do this, but I have been given much, as we all here have, and I don't want to bury it as I know you don't either and all here for that matter.

I appreciate you posts, they are excellent.