Your opinion on God’s Law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Grace means unmerited favor. I don't do anything to receive it. If I try to do something to receive it I end up losing it. Your law keeping is causing you to fall from grace like the Galatian Christians.

There is no reason to break the law. Grace does not mean we are not to obey God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hi....
God's laws, about 613 of them in total, were given to the Israelite people to protect them, keep them from sickness, and to generally strengthen the whole tribe.

Every single law was ideal for the above purposes AT THAT TIME.

But what some religions do with them now? Oh dear! :)

Yes, the Torah has 613 commands.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Can we have a proper understanding of what Law is? Torah is not legislation. It is literally teaching. The Ten "Commandments" are not even commandments. They are the Ten Words. How can you "do" "I am YHWH your God who brought you out of Egypt, out of the house of bondage"? You can't. Pure and simple. All of God's Teaching is rooted in that first principle: Grace. Everything else follows from there.

In the Greek, Law is Nomos - distribution, allocation, allotment. Thus, literally the distribution of God's righteousness. How could either of these basic lexical meanings be codification or legislation? The written ordinances are according to the ontology of righteousness put forth by God. They are the result, produce, and fruit of God's Grace, not requirements for obtaining it.

If we could simply understand what Law is, a lot of these silly little disputes would be unnecessary...

Yes, Torah is God's instruction.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Essentially yes. But its not a prescriptive law as was the case with the Mosaic Law of the Torah/Pentatuch. This 'New covenant' refers only to a 'little flock' and a very specific group of anointed Christians who make up the spirtual Nation of Israel and rule with Jesus during his millenial reign as Kings and Priests of Gods heavenly government/organisation. This new covenant is why Jesus insituted the 'Lords evening meal' which replaced the Jewish passover and the previous Abrahamic covenant.

Some believe there was old covenant law and now there is new covenant law, but I don't know what it would be. I recognize the Law, God's Law, the Law of Moses, and a change of law though I don't know what to do about the idea of new covenant law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Father has changed the Mosaic law which means if you are trying to keep that defunct law you are not obeying God.

Jesus is now High Priest which is contrary to the law Christ gave to the people of Israel through Moses.

Jesus is not contrary to God's Law, you are mistaken.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is not contrary to God's Law, you are mistaken.

Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek and not be called according to the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.

For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood. And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life. (Hebrews 7:11-16)​

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Yes, the Torah has 613 commands.

This modern concept came from Maimonides in the Medieval period (12th-13th centuries AD), and was based on Aristotelian non-Theistic fallacies of sophistry.

You're attempting to refer to the Book of the Covenant that accompanied the Decalogue, and doing so according to a Medieval Talmudist rather than authentic historical and biblical Judaism.

You can't know how much of a fail this, because you're not a student of language and history.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Some believe there was old covenant law and now there is new covenant law, but I don't know what it would be. I recognize the Law, God's Law, the Law of Moses, and a change of law though I don't know what to do about the idea of new covenant law.

The bolded is what is accurate. And you're refusing to know based on your not knowing.

You don't understand grammar for languages in translation, and your English concepts have led you to false autonomous deductive reasoning. It's very common, to the point of being an epidemic in modern western hearts and minds.

Epistemologically, you have a loaded truck with the wrong cargo; and you won't stop and have it off-loaded to have the correct cargo.

All you're doing is arguing to keep your false cargo when others are attempting to help you.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
? I don't know what you mean.

You say you obey the Law of Moses but Christ said through Moses that only descendants of Aaron may serve as priests.

If you support the Aaronic priesthood to whom do you send your money? Or do you not obey Moses?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
This modern concept came from Maimonides in the Medieval period (12th-13th centuries AD), and was based on Aristotelian non-Theistic fallacies of sophistry.

You're attempting to refer to the Book of the Covenant that accompanied the Decalogue, and doing so according to a Medieval Talmudist rather than authentic historical and biblical Judaism.

You can't know how much of a fail this, because you're not a student of language and history.
I am a student of the Bible, Torah, and Hebrew.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

Sorta. From a modern western mindset, perspective, and presuppositions.

You don't even know what "law" is or means, nor "word".

I doubt you're a Hebrew linguist. Are you?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The bolded is what is accurate. And you're refusing to know based on your not knowing.

You don't understand grammar for languages in translation, and your English concepts have led you to false autonomous deductive reasoning. It's very common, to the point of being an epidemic in modern western hearts and minds.

Epistemologically, you have a loaded truck with the wrong cargo; and you won't stop and have it off-loaded to have the correct cargo.

All you're doing is arguing to keep your false cargo when others are attempting to help you.

Torah is God's instruction while the Greek word nomos is translated as law.

The book of Hebrews needs explained, even while Christians are not under law but should always obey God's commands.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Then you should know what was in the ark of the covenant. It wasn't the Book of the Law which contained ordinances set aside by Jesus Christ.

You should become a disciple (student) of Jesus Christ and believe what he instructed his disciples to teach.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You say you obey the Law of Moses but Christ said through Moses that only descendants of Aaron may serve as priests.

If you support the Aaronic priesthood to whom do you send your money? Or do you not obey Moses?
jamie,

I understand Aaron to have been the High Priest. This is indeed in regard to the Levitical proesthood.

I am not sure what you mean about sending your money, or sending money.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Torah is God's instruction while the Greek word nomos is translated as law.

The book of Hebrews needs explained, even while Christians are not under law but should always obey God's commands.

Sigh. Go ahead and keep the law, then. Hope it all works out. (It won't.)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Sorta. From a modern western mindset, perspective, and presuppositions.

You don't even know what "law" is or means, nor "word".

I doubt you're a Hebrew linguist. Are you?
I am a student of Hebrew. I speak English.