You just won $100,000 in the lottery. What now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Berean

I may consider bribing a Hawaii official to get access and photograph Obama's "real" birth certificate. :reals:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This might have been true 30 years ago.

Ok, so the idea here is to tell us what you would do with an amount of money that doesn't necessarily set you up for life but just stirs it up quite a bit at the moment? Is that ok with you and TH? :D

;)

ghost

Hall of Fame
Ok, so the idea here is to tell us what you would do with an amount of money that doesn't necessarily set you up for life but just stirs it up quite a bit at the moment? Is that ok with you and TH? :D

;)
:chuckle:

Hey, we have to find something to do with the hired help that amuses us.

taikoo

Smuggle them into America?

No, i believe in the immigration laws and think they should be enforced.

Someone wants to come, they should come in legally, front door like i did.

I dont need the 100,000, i would use it to pay for their school, emergencies etc till it was gone.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Pay off the bills my roommate let slip by not paying his half. After that I don't know.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

;)

Not much funny? Ok, after taxes, I would buy this.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Move to a third world country, learn their language and how to convey Biblical truth to my new neighbors, and use the rest of the money to support Christian ministries that serve the needs of the community. In a third world country, that could be something as basic as a hospital or orphanage. I can do all that where I live now (and I try) but every basic need is pretty much taken care of by the government.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Move to a third world country, learn their language and how to convey Biblical truth to my new neighbors, and use the rest of the money to support Christian ministries that serve the needs of the community. In a third world country, that could be something as basic as a hospital or orphanage. I can do all that where I live now (and I try) but every basic need is pretty much taken care of by the government.
Oh great, there's one in every crowd. :rolleyes:

;)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'd give uncle Sam his due and give the rest over to my church--anonymously. They sure can use it. Lotteries like this have a habit of wrecking lives. I wouldn't keep it.

Just spend it. But don't engage in deficit spending (asking for credit). When it is gone, it is gone.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Square away some bills, find a housesitter, and take an extended European vacation.

After paying the tax man, that about covers it. But it needs to be someplace warm, exact spot not absolutely necessary. :think:

View attachment 16045

I'd do what most immigrants with poor relatives back home who are just barely getting by would do.

Human trafficking for profit? That is the usual end result of smuggling relatives.

Oh great, there's one in every crowd. :rolleyes:

;)

Rambo will always be there for the rescue. :chuckle:

taikoo

Wanting to help is nice but cultural imperialism with your bible-bible isnt really that cool.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Wanting to help is nice but cultural imperialism with your bible-bible isnt really that cool.
Do you fight against the cultural imperialism of the idiots in Hollywood? Surely, they have much more global influence than little ol me and a book will ever have! If you simply don't like my God, well then that's another matter altogether. Only my God could motivate a selfish jerk like me to want to help, which you say is nice.

Tyrathca

Hate to burst your bubble but isn't most of the third world already Christian? And those regions that aren't Christian are mainly Muslim? (in which case that 100k might not pay for enough protection for a preacher). Helping out is all very nice though

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Pay off my student loans from my last degree.
Go back to college and finish my current degree so I can finally be a teacher.
Split what's left between my mom and my girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.