You just won $100,000 in the lottery. What now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 14th, 2010 01:02 PM

toldailytopic: You just won $100,000 in the lottery. How do you plan to spend it?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Only 100,000?

Give the government their share (which proves that you can win if you don't play)

Fill my car with gas
Buy a loaf of bread

That should leave me just enough to buy another lottery ticket

:sigh:

zoo22

I won?!?

Wha??

I didn't even enter!! Holy cow! This is unreal!! $100,000!?!

I don't know what now... I have to let it settle in first!! Woah. Wow, what's the check in the mail or do I have to pick it up? I can't believe it!!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Square away some bills, find a housesitter, and take an extended European vacation.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Once ole :sam: gets their 45,000. I'd have just enough to pay off our debt from when my wife and I were younger, dumber, and not as financially responsible as we are now. :(

Last edited:

taikoo

I'd do what most immigrants with poor relatives back home who are just barely getting by would do.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
do my taxes
and
figure out exactly how much I really got
and
then go out and buy a really nice sports car

I almost forgot

I would also get a lifetime membership to TOL

Quincy

Sell old truck, buy new truck. Buy a new computer. Save the rest.

I agree on the new computer. There is a ton of great pc games coming out in 2011 so I do need to buy a new one. I would do that and then I'd invest the rest because that's not really a whole lot of money these days but it's more than enough to make some with.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Smuggle them into America?

:rotfl: That's two for two. :D

100k? Not exactly life changing. :think: I'd take the wife to my favorite part of Spain for an extended vacation, have the baby, then sneak back and falsify records in case he decides to run for President someday. :plain:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
$100,000 divided over thirty years $3,333 a year, ($277 a month) ?, gotta go for lump sum payment.

$100,000 divided in half (the amount the cash company wants as contract fee in order to float you cash) $50,000.

Less Uncle Sam and the Governor, $50,000 minus (approx 40%) leaves about $30,000 give or take a few.

? Money don't go far these days! With the way gas prices are, sounds like it may have to go into the transportation account, sure ain't gonna buy much of a vehicle.

Buzzword

Give $60,000 to my wife so it'll be tax-free.
Pay taxes on the remainder.

THEN pay off my and my wife's student debt, and buy/furnish/move into a house.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Easy ... I'd move back to California ...

Where it only snows for 15 minutes every other winter ...

And ... I'd buy more lotto tickets!

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'd give uncle Sam his due and give the rest over to my church--anonymously. They sure can use it. Lotteries like this have a habit of wrecking lives. I wouldn't keep it.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
100k? Not exactly life changing.

I thought about making it a million but paying everything off, buying a nice mansion and living happily ever after has been done too many times. Thought I'd make you work a little on this one. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.