WILL THE ANTICHRIST BE A JEW

the nkjv gets it right
they capitalize the a in antichrist where it is appropriate

Right is subjective in some cases. It can be thought appropriate to not capitalize antichrist. I have a lot of notes from over the years on my computer, and there was a time, because some scholars used a capital 'A' I did this in my notes of the time, but was uneasy about this. You know what I did? When through all my notes and turned it to a lowercase 'a'. He's the beast. You don't capitalize dog. And I can tell, from scripture context and the context of my notes, whether it's an antichrist or the antichrist. So, some of us could find it never appropriate to give the beast a capital 'A', though, of course, I'd not make this a real issue, just offering another view of what's appropriate, or not. Some genuine scholars always use a lowercase 'a'.

As to the antichrist being a Jew, there is that possibly mysterious allusion in Genesis 49:17 of Dan being a serpent, and the absence of the tribe of Dan in Revelation. But scripture is also clear the antichrist has his own god and occult sort of religion, Daniel 11:37-38. In my opinion, I don't see how he could come in peaceably, uniting the world and reconciling Judaism in the form of a covenant with Israel the Muslims would be on board with while being a Jew. If he were a Muslim, which is the antichrist flavor of the month these days in some circles, the Jews aren't going to trust him, most of the world trusting neither. I see the antichrist as having to be religiously neutral, a super politician, a Hitler type. Being a Jew or Muslim would be divisive, not ecumenical. Just my opinion, but, at most, the antichrist would be of veiled Jewish lineage, not publicly so.

Not that I really care who the antichrist is. He will be a flash in the pan, then out of sight and out of mind. I obsess over somebody worth obsessing over, Jesus Christ, find the very prevalent antichrist talk permeating discourse out there too much, even a bore, like date setters: he hasn't been revealed, bottom line, speculation just that. It's also a horrible slander people make, accusing anybody of being the antichrist without proof and when the Bible states he will be revealed. No matter what somebody thinks of a politician or public figure, it's wrong to call anybody the antichrist, because slander is evil, slanderer what the word "devil" means. I have no respect for anybody who slanders.

Hawkins

Anti-Christ is rather a tactics aimed on invalidating one's salvation.

The New Covenant specifies that you need the correct kind of faith in Christ in order to be saved. Anti-Christ is to introduce the incorrect kind of 'Faith in Christ" for you to believe such that you won't be able to be covered by the New Covenant.

A typical example is the message of the doctrine of Universalism which actually conveys the message that "you don't need to have faith in Christ to be saved. Instead you are saved anyway even with no faith in Christ".

Those who believe so may not fulfill what has been specified in the covenant for themselves to be saved.

Moreover, those help to spread such a message may be denied by Christ as they are leading people to their very dead.

Matthew 7:21-23 (NIV)
21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'
23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Ben Masada

Will the Antichrist be a Jew?

October you are sadly way off. Can you listen to reason? "Antichrist" is not mentioned anywhere except in two of John's letters, and he said that even in his very day, there were "many" antichrists. (I John 2:18) So why are people stuck with this "THE Antichrist" stuff? Because of what your preacher tells you? Ask him where "antichrist" appears in Revelation. It's not there. And ask him if John said there were antichrists in his day, why are we waiting for ONE?

And the prophecy in Daniel chapter 9 was fulfilled 2,000 years ago. Jesus finished off sin and transgression and made atonement for iniquity when he died, giving mankind a way out of the influence of death, and he "anointed the most holy place," which is in HEAVEN, when he went back there after his resurrection (Hebrews 8:1,2; 9:11,12).

There is no "Antichrist" to come, and no rebuilding of any temple. The REAL temple is in Heaven where Christ will stay (I Timothy 6:16).

Good KR, tell him! Indeed, he seems to be sadly way off. The term "Anti-Christ" is composed of two elements: "Anti" and "Christ." "Anti" means against and "Christ" means the Anointed One of the Lord. Now, if you read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." That's what "Christ" is, the Anointed One of the Lord, aka Israel, the Jewish People. Throughout History, Christianity has proved to be so much against the Jews that millions of them have been murdered by Christianity through pogroms, blood libels, Crusades, Inquisition and the Holocaust. It means that Peter was right to say that anti-Christs have come out of the ranks of Christianity itself. (I Peter 2:18,19)

Now, regarding the prophecy of Daniel in 9:24, the reference is to the end of the exile of the Jews in Babylon. After 70 years, the transgression that caused the exile had finished, and the sin had ended. Reconciliation had been achieved for our iniquity and Elohim the Everlasting Righteousness had returned to the Land of Israel and vision and prophecy had been sealed forever as the Jewish prophetic system had come to an end. (Dan. 9:24)

The real Temple was on earth and will always be in the same place of the most Holy. In heaven was the Seventh-Day Adventist's worst mistake to think in 1844 which caused them to end up with their worst blunder which at least caused their birth as one more church based on the gospel of Paul to enhance the power of the Antichrist.

12jtartar

October23,
This term, Antichrist, is not what people believe it to mean. The term just means, in opposition to Christ, one who does not believe that Jesus was the Christ.
According to the Bible there are MANY antichrists, some were in the first century, some are to be in the last generation, when we are alive, 1John2:18,22, 4:2,3. There are already many antichrists NOW. When the Christ, Jesus returns to earth, ALL these antichrists will be destroyed!!!

October23,
This term, Antichrist, is not what people believe it to mean. The term just means, in opposition to Christ, one who does not believe that Jesus was the Christ.
According to the Bible there are MANY antichrists, some were in the first century, some are to be in the last generation, when we are alive, 1John2:18,22, 4:2,3. There are already many antichrists NOW. When the Christ, Jesus returns to earth, ALL these antichrists will be destroyed!!!

Really, everybody's got it wrong, except, of course, you? This is rhetorical splitting hairs, and John does mention the antichrist in 1 John 2:18. He's the beast in Revelation, called the prince in Daniel, noting there are good princes also in scripture, or the little horn, the willful king, the idol shepherd, on and on, all the antichrist. People go around saying the rapture isn't in the Bible. The Trinity isn't in the Bible. Well, Bible isn't in the Bible. None of these words are invalidated for not being explicit scripture terminology, having various linguistic translations, or any word that has multiple meanings invalidated, when they are referring to Bible truths we all understand when we talk of these things. The point is, when somebody is talking about the antichrist, that evil dictator also the beast of Revelation, we all know what we're talking about. There is no issue or or need to try and diagram words, to no end, since we also know there's generally an antichrist that denies the gospel. It's as if, well, you can't call him the antichrist, because antichrist can have another context. Well so can prince. If we all know the differences and what we're talking about, and, again, 1 John 2:18 indeed refers to the antichrist to come, what's your point?

Daniel1769

"Anti" is not only "against." It also means "another" or "in place of." So the Antichrist is not only against Christ, but because the people worship him, he is another christ, a false christ. The Bible is clear that there are many antichrists, and in the end times there will be the Antichrist, one person.

Ben Masada

1 - Anti-Christ is rather a tactics aimed on invalidating one's salvation.

2 - The New Covenant specifies that you need the correct kind of faith in Christ in order to be saved. Anti-Christ is to introduce the incorrect kind of 'Faith in Christ" for you to believe such that you won't be able to be covered by the New Covenant.

3 - A typical example is the message of the doctrine of Universalism which actually conveys the message that "you don't need to have faith in Christ to be saved. Instead you are saved anyway even with no faith in Christ".

4 - Those who believe so may not fulfill what has been specified in the covenant for themselves to be saved.

5 - Moreover, those help to spread such a message may be denied by Christ as they are leading people to their very dead.

1 - And the fittest characteristic to invalidate one's salvation is the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology.

2 - And the correct kind to achieve salvation is to set things right with the Lord that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow through repentance and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isaiah 1:18,19)

3 - As a matter of fact, we don't need to have faith in "Christ" to be saved. All we need is to observe the Law which will keep us saved of all troubles as a result of transgressions of the Law.

4 - What is specified in the Covenant for ourselves to be saved is to repent and return to the obedience of the Law. Jesus himself made it very sure that's the right method to keep ourselves saved of all troubles caused by transgression of the laws. (Luke 16:29-31)

5 - Since we are aware that your mentions of "Christ" are references to Jesus, he no longer can deny or affirm any thing whatsoever because he has been dead for 2000 years already.

Ben Masada

"Anti" is not only "against." It also means "another" or "in place of." So the Antichrist is not only against Christ, but because the people worship him, he is another christ, a false christ. The Bible is clear that there are many antichrists, and in the end times there will be the Antichrist, one person.

If you read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His anointed One." That's what "Christ" is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel, the Jewish People. Hence, the aim of the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology, to replace that "Christ" with another which obviously was himself. Therefore, the Antichrist. I Peter 2:18,19 was right to say that the Antichrist is to come out of Christianity itself. Who could it be if not the founder of the Christian Church? (Acts 11:26) To worship him could be only a homage paid to by adopting his gospel.

Ben Masada

As to the antichrist being a Jew, there is that possibly mysterious allusion in Genesis 49:17 of Dan being a serpent, and the absence of the tribe of Dan in Revelation. But scripture is also clear the antichrist has his own god and occult sort of religion, Daniel 11:37-38. In my opinion, I don't see how he could come in peaceably, uniting the world and reconciling Judaism in the form of a covenant with Israel the Muslims would be on board with while being a Jew. If he were a Muslim, which is the antichrist flavor of the month these days in some circles, the Jews aren't going to trust him, most of the world trusting neither. I see the antichrist as having to be religiously neutral, a super politician, a Hitler type. Being a Jew or Muslim would be divisive, not ecumenical. Just my opinion, but, at most, the antichrist would be of veiled Jewish lineage, not publicly so.

Not that I really care who the antichrist is. He will be a flash in the pan, then out of sight and out of mind. I obsess over somebody worth obsessing over, Jesus Christ, find the very prevalent antichrist talk permeating discourse out there too much, even a bore, like date setters: he hasn't been revealed, bottom line, speculation just that. It's also a horrible slander people make, accusing anybody of being the antichrist without proof and when the Bible states he will be revealed. No matter what somebody thinks of a politician or public figure, it's wrong to call anybody the antichrist, because slander is evil, slanderer what the word "devil" means. I have no respect for anybody who slanders.

Since we have from Prophet Habakkuk 3:13 that "Christ" means the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel the People, I see no allusion to Dan who was himself part of "Christ".

What made of Hitler a good candidate for the position of the Antichrist was precisely his murderous attitude toward the Jews who according to Habakkuk 3:13 are the the anointed one of the Lord aka "Christ."

I found some thing interesting to read in this post of yours when you spend a whole paragraph to criticize those who are obsessed over the Antichrist but give your last opinion with the conclusion that the Antichrist would be of a "veiled Jewish lineage." Now, as a footnote I would like to remind you of Habakkuk identification of "Christ" with being Israel and of the Antichrist being reflected by all the enemies of Israel aka the Jewish People.

iouae

When I read Dan 11, I just substitute every "he" or "him" with (Antichrist).

See how you find this reads...

32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he (Antichrist) corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.
34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.
35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.
36 And the king shall do according to his (Antichrist) will; and he (Antichrist) shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.
37 Neither shall he (Antichrist) regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he (Antichrist) shall magnify himself above all.
38 But in his (Antichrist) estate shall he (Antichrist) honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he (Antichrist) honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
39 Thus shall he (Antichrist) do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he (Antichrist) shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.
40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him (Antichrist): and the king of the north shall come against him (Antichrist) like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he (Antichrist) shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.
41 He (Antichrist) shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.
42 He (Antichrist) shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape.
43 But he (Antichrist) shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his (Antichrist) steps.
44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he (Antichrist) shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.
45 And he (Antichrist) shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he (Antichrist) shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

When I read it this way, I see the King of the North coming against the Antichrist, and the King of the South coming against him. At Armageddon, the kings of the East with their 200 000 000 man army come to fight the Antichrist (see Rev 16:12).

This leads me to the conclusion that the Antichrist is the leader of the West.

What confirms this belief is this scripture...

Revelation 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? [Beast = Antichrist] who is able to make war with him?

If today is the end-time, then it is only the leader of the Western World who has so much power that nobody can make war with him. If the USA were to actually use its nukes, nobody could make war with it (Rev 13:13).

Ben Masada

October23,

Jesus will never return because he would be contradicting the Word of God by returning. According to the Tanach, once dead, no one will ever return. Read II Sam. 12:23; 14:14; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9 and so on, as there are many more throughout the Scriptures that Jesus always referred to as the Word of God.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Satan will incarnate a pope. :eek:linger: Rome created :CRASH: Islam (a bunch of monks in northern African that wrote down what Mohammad supposedly saw). Arabs are genetically related to those in the Vatican. They intermarried. Edom is the Roman Catholic Church. The Mahdi doctrine is dangerous and it's exactly what Rome wants taught.

Ge 27:38–41, 36:43, 1 Ki 11:16-19, Dan 9:26, Ob 1:1-21, Mal 1:4, Is 14:13, 63:1-4, Ps 83:1-6, Eze 35:1-3, 9-10, 13-14, Re 17:5

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Jesus will never return because he would be contradicting the Word of God by returning. According to the Tanach, once dead, no one will ever return. Read II Sam. 12:23; 14:14; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9 and so on, as there are many more throughout the Scriptures that Jesus always referred to as the Word of God.

We don't acknowledge the Tanach, Christ hater.

KingdomRose

From BIBLE-HUB

Will the Antichrist be a Jew

The Antichrist — Arthur W. Pink

The Antichrist will be a Jew, though his connections, his governmental position, his sphere of dominion, will by no means confine him to the Israelitish people. It should, however, be pointed out that there is no express declaration of Scripture which says in so many words that this daring Rebel will be "a Jew;" nevertheless, the hints given are so plain, the conclusions which must be drawn from certain statements of Holy Writ are so obvious, and the requirements of the case are so inevitable, that we are forced to believe he must be a Jew. To these hints', conclusions' and requirements' we now turn.
1. In Ezek.21:25-27 we read: "and thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end, Thus saith the Lord God; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high. I will overturn, overturn, overturn it: and it shall be no more until he comes whose right it is, and I will give it him." The dispensational place and scope of this passage, is not hard to determine. The time-mark is given in v.25: it is "when iniquity shall have an end." It is the End-Time which is in view, then, the End of the Age, when "the transgressors are come to the full" (Dan.8:23 and cf.11:36 -- "Till the indignation be accomplished"). At that time Israel shall have a Prince, a Prince who is crowned (v.26), and a Prince whose day is said to be come when "iniquity shall have an end." Now, as to who this Prince is, there is surely no room for doubt. The only Prince whom Israel will have in that day, is the Son of Perdition, here termed their Prince because he will be masquerading as Messiah the Prince (see Dan.9:25)! Another unmistakable mark of identification is here given, in that he is expressly denominated "thou, profane wicked Prince" -- assuredly, it is the Man of Sin who is here in view, that impious one who shall "oppose and exalt himself above all that is called God." But what should be noted particularly, is, that this profane and wicked character is here named "Prince of Israel." He must, therefore, be of the Abrahamic stock, a Jew!

There will be no one person who is "the Antichrist." Have you not read I John 2: 18,22? The term "antichrist" was used ONLY by John in his letters, and he made it pretty clear that this anti-christ thing was basically an attitude, and was pervasive IN HIS OWN TIME.

It is not in Revelation at all. There is so much confusion--because churches don't understand it and the clergy is not telling their people the truth.

The "man of sin" is indeed influencing the world NOW. "He" is a COMPOSITE entity, picturing Christendom (all the churches that claim to be representing God but belie that claim by their works), and is part of the world-wide system of false religion, pictured by Babylon the Great.

Don't be looking for one mean man who sets himself up as God. The churches have already done this.