Wide Load Wants to Control Your Food

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Michelle Obama has warned that the government can and will step in. “No one gets off the hook on this one,” Obama said in a presentation this week...

So what does this mean for food manufacturers and restaurants that push value meals, obscene portions and misleading marketing regarding their nutritional value? A higher standard that will eventually gain legal grounds. When it comes to advertising, companies have done everything they can legally get away with in order to draw in customers.

Many legal initiatives are already under way, including a California county that’s looking to ban toys in fast food Happy Meals to decrease the amount of “marketing perks” that could sway a child towards making unhealthy meal decisions..." Full text: Michelle Obama Adds Muscle to the Fight Against Child Obesity

"While she crusades for organic foods and puts government pressure on corporations to stop marketing fast food and junk food to children, Mrs. Obama herself profited from the very same processed food industry she now demonizes..." Full text: Michelle Obama: Food Profiteer Turned Food Cop Re 13:11–17 more

Last edited:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
"While she crusades for organic foods
I'd join that crusade. :thumb:

and puts government pressure on corporations to stop marketing fast food and junk food to children, Mrs. Obama herself profited from the very same processed food industry she now demonizes..." Full text: Michelle Obama: Food Profiteer Turned Food Cop

Is Michelle Obama going the way of Al Gore--profiting from policy? :rolleyes:

Profiting from policy? If she's going after the industry she made money from, wouldn't that hurt her profits? :confused: Or maybe I misunderstand you.

Quincy

I could get behind this movement easy. Personally, I never eat processed foods or fast food. Fish is usually the only meat I ever eat. I do believe people should have the freedom to eat what they want, but raising awareness about obesity and the problems it causes people is a good fight to fight imo. A good diet is important for mental clarity.

Bubba Switzler

I could get behind this movement easy. Personally, I never eat processed foods or fast food. Fish is usually the only meat I ever eat. I do believe people should have the freedom to eat what they want, but raising awareness about obesity and the problems it causes people is a good fight to fight imo. A good diet is important for mental clarity.

A good diet is good. But is a government nutrition nanny a good thing? I doubt it.

But, in any case, it seems that the best place for the government nannies to start would be with those on food stamps.

Quincy

A good diet is good. But is a government nutrition nanny a good thing? I doubt it.

A nanny state isn't a good thing, but at least this might raise the awareness on the obesity epidemic some. Especially among young people, most of which love and adore Michelle Obama.

But, in any case, it seems that the best place for the government nannies to start would be with those on food stamps.

Well, I'd like to see them ween people off that program and do away with it. Then turn around and create incentives for farmers and retailers to make produce cheaper than junk food so everyone can afford it.

Bubba Switzler

Then turn around and create incentives for farmers and retailers to make produce cheaper than junk food so everyone can afford it.
Utimately, there is no substitute for self-discipline. What, after all, is the incentive for the government to create incitives for farmers to create incentives for healthy eating? Are politicians the only people with free will here?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Who's the wide load? Fatties? Of course they want to control our food. That's why their buttcheeks each require a seperate chair. :nono:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
This is nothing new; I was writing about much of this back when beanie babies can out from McDonalds. I bet Michelle read some of my fast food control ideas and now made it her project. You don't like it, blame me.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Seriously.
In an age of anorexia, bulymia, and the apotheosis of skin-and-bones, confident BBW's are fewer and farther between.

'Tis a big reason I married one.
:crackup:

Yes, we have those problems and they affect, seriously a segment of society. I guess you never go to Wall-Mart?:juggle:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Huh? Was there something in my post requiring this response?

It seems to me you are saying that most women you see are skinny, and what I see is most women are big, buxom, full-figured and fat. Why is this the case? Do we live in different worlds?

Memento Mori

It seems to me you are saying that most women you see are skinny, and what I see is most women are big, buxom, full-figured and fat. Why is this the case? Do we live in different worlds?

Apparently its a fad in certain Florida areas to swallow cotton balls (to feel full but gain no weight)... So yes, probably...

Bubba Switzler

There is another interesting possibility: you are each carrying different measuring sticks in your head.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
It's contrary to one's moral duty. Gluttony is still a sin. :rolleyes:
So is wrath, but I never see you getting upset about people who prefer to solve their problems with their fists.

All you ever do is gripe about fat people...when you're not drinking yourself into a stupor and rotting your ears on Metallica.