ECT WHY THE PHRASE " MID-ACTS " ???

DAN P

That's about it, Nick. Simply and perfectly put.

Would that it settle this.

But "that" is not what "this" is about for some - neurosis never is.

Hi , and it will never be settled at all in our life time and Eph 4:13 is not in our grasp as many Have a NEUROSIS and dispensationalists are out number by Acts 2 !!

I believe that the main purpose of Mid-Acts is to stop arguments , concerning as to when the Dispensation of Grace began , and who was the PROTO /FIRST in the Body of Christ !!

dan p

Last edited:

Danoh

Hi , and it will never be settled at all in our life time and Eph 4:13 is not in our grasp as many Have a NEUROSIS and dispensationalists are out number by Acts 2 !!

I believe that the main purpose of Mid-Acts is to stop arguments , concerning as to when the Dispensation of Grace began , and who was the PROTO /FIRST in the Body of Christ !!

dan p

Brother; what is it with your many typos all these years?

What is that about?

Is it that you are in a hurry when you type; is it that you assume you have typed a thing right and fail to proofread it before posting it; or is it that you have invested so much time in the Greek that your English has atrophied some?

All are legitimate aspects of "the typo."

Just curious...

DAN P

Brother; what is it with your many typos all these years?

What is that about?

Is it that you are in a hurry when you type; is it that you assume you have typed a thing right and fail to proofread it before posting it; or is it that you have invested so much time in the Greek that your English has atrophied some?

All are legitimate aspects of "the typo."

Just curious...

Hi and fingers are numb and partly blind !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and fingers are numb and partly blind !!

dan p

Lol, I'm physically blind as a bat myself.

Nevertheless, much study maketh me MAD, lol

(you know what I mean; Acts 9:6, as originally referred to way back when distinctions in labels were not as refined and Mid-Acts was the label used by all but the 28ers).

DAN P

Lol, I'm physically blind as a bat myself.

Nevertheless, much study maketh me MAD, lol

(you know what I mean; Acts 9:6, as originally referred to way back when distinctions in labels were not as refined and Mid-Acts was the label used by all but the 28ers).

Hi and I BUTT t heads with Acts 13 , with in my assembly as one is Part Acts 9 and Acts 13 and they BLUFF a lot , all steam and no substance !!

28er have more problems than Acts 2 !!

DAN P

Danoh

Hi and I BUTT t heads with Acts 13 , with in my assembly as one is Part Acts 9 and Acts 13 and they BLUFF a lot , all steam and no substance !!

28er have more problems than Acts 2 !!

DAN P

That's why Jerry loves you so. He is Acts 13 and has a lot of books to prove it, lol

DAN P

That's why Jerry loves you so. He is Acts 13 and has a lot of books to prove it, lol

Hi and there is not one that I dislike , even if he is Acts 13 , but on that other forum that we are on , one does come close , when you know your right , I mellow out !!

Do you mean that you HAVE never gotten any thing from a book on theology ??

You are exceptional !!

So it just came upon you ??

dan p

Last edited:

DAN P

what does an Acts 13 MAD person say?

Hi and MAD people believe that the Body of Christ began at Acts 13 !

They believe that that was the first time Saul was called Paul , I do not believe that at ALL !!

They believe that since Barnabus and Saul were called out by the Holy Spirit , that is where the Gospel of the Grace was first Preached !!

Not so with Acts 9:6 as some of the Acts 9:6 people can prove that SAUL / PAUL was saved in Acts 9:6 !

Was FIRST / PROTO in the Body of Christ , 1 Tim 1:15 and 16 !

Saul was the PROTO saved by Grace , Acts 9:6 !!

Saul was chosen from the WOMB , Gal 1:15 !

Saul was SEPARATED / APHRIZO Rom 1:1 unto the Gospel of God !!

Where do you see the PROOF ??

dan p

Last edited:

rainee

i think Mark Twain said " there's no laughter in heaven, because there are no tears" or something like that -

Well but he had problems spiritually speaking, right?
Samuel may be like a lot of gifted smart men... Maybe he's even a cautionary tale for them. You could almost say "Remember Mark Twain and Charles Darwin lest you end up like them in this life"

rainee

This is me being somewhat a downer again.
First, making the points MAD's have made has been really good for the sake of stimulating thought and seeking to grow spiritually, imho. But if the points, as good as they are, further divide the body of believers rather than causing common growth - then what good is that?

Danoh

This is me being somewhat a downer again.
First, making the points MAD's have made has been really good for the sake of stimulating thought and seeking to grow spiritually, imho. But if the points, as good as they are, further divide the body of believers rather than causing common growth - then what good is that?

True - and Dan P and Jerry Shugart are primary examples of that.

I say I am Mid-Acts, though I hold to the same position that Dan P holds - Acts 9:6.

Jerry holds to Acts 13.

Neither of those two individuals allow others the liberty of faith on this issue - as to where each person is in their respective faith on any issue, but the fundamental that is the Cross, Gal. 3:1.

In other words, what Paul related in Romans 14 where differences come into play.

To "Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind... For whatsoever is not of faith is sin," Rom. 14: 6, 23.

Would that those two passages be our "same rule," Gal. 6: 16.

DAN P

Neither of those two individuals allow others the liberty of faith on this issue - as to where each person is in their respective faith on any issue, but the fundamental that is the Cross, Gal. 3:1.

Hi and all can present there position , nor am I stopping anyone to present their views , so why are you saying that about me ?

I see some patting you for your writing , and I am not jealous and you seem very JE-JUNE of Me and Jerry !!

I want all that read and those that hold to Acts 13 or Acts 28 the LIBERTY to post what ever they want , so do not hold back !!

It seems that you like to BLOVIATE , is that why ??

Are you trying to SCARE ME !!

dan p

Interplanner

They have the liberty to post, but they do not have the guarantee of acceptance they want because some of the reasons are poor or misguided. You have to accept that you risk rejection here. Sometimes the rejection itself is poorly framed, but sometimes is it spot on.

rainee

First, and I m so sorry to say this, but to have more than one person here with the first name of Daniel is well probably statistically improbable... So please do not fight with each other cuz it really is kind of creepy to see it.

And secondly, and I'm sorry to say this as well - but acts is written by one.
And that one is Luke. Who is not just under the Holy Spirit but under Paul.
And That Means he wrote the first chapters with the same attitude as he wrote the other later chapters. Can any of you show in any way that
Luke was doing anything but showing the growth of the church and it's development from its babyhood onward?

And I do hate to say these things since I have been blessed by things I've read of yours and others.

Interplanner

Due to the revolutionary climate in 1st century Judaism, and some of the pinch of the remarks about Paul in the late arrests, I think it is safe to say that Luke was trying to show that Paul was not hostile to Roman administration. There is no sign of it as there was among the zealots of Judaism.

In a complicated twist, you will find that many Jews were at work in the Roman administration and made things difficult for believers, as found in certain scenes. Their ability to use Roman authority against believers is a bit shocking, but it's there.

One arrest in ch 22 especially was on the basis that Paul was an Egyptian (Jew?) who had control of 4000 terrorists.

Jesus ran some risk by calling some disciples from Galilee and living there. The friction about the Galileans is that the most recent revolt had started there, by a figure named Judas no less, and leaders in Jerusalem were wary of them. So the slander against Jews from Galilee (follow Peter during the crucifixion) is not just that they were hick or from the country but the connection to revolt.

Meanwhile, yes, there is a history of the early church and its mission, that was harmless as doves.

DAN P

Interplanner;4 Jesus ran some risk by calling some disciples from Galilee and living there. The friction about the Galileans is that the most recent revolt had started there said:
H i , and the creator took RISKS ??

Shocking , I would say !!:deadhorse::deadhorse:

dan p